Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
Nice looking bed cap. How do you like it?
I like this one best. I've had a Leer and Snug in the past, but this time around I got what I paid for. Solid as a rock. Only the normal small leaks one should expect. And the Windoors are fantastic.

Cougar Mountain

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sierakowski
Hi
I am from Happy Valley Oregon and I am building my 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ for over landing. I want to build a expedition trailer out of a MJ bees that matches my XJ - I have gone through this thing after buying it from an old couple - she only has 118k miles - new long arm suspension - all new or restored interior - just installed new JCR bumper with many new parts coming - hope to hook up and get out this year - Ron
Welcome from Eugene. Always nice to see another one from Oregon.

Reactions: Kent R

Contour5

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey all,

I’m Nate, based out of the Southern California area. I am currently building a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and 2007 Fleetwood E1 to be the family adventure-mobiles. My off-roading experience is intermediate, and I have been a tent camper all my life, so I’m still adjusting to the trailer. Glad to be here and have the Overland Bound community as a resource.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you are looking for ideas or inspiration for your Sequoia build look into the vehicle build threads in the forums. I will have to keep an eye on your build, don’t see many sequoias out there
Thank you! I’ve got parts piling in the garage (brake upgrade, sliders/skid plates, suspension, and a fridge slide) just a matter of making the time to install.

YesPlease

Rank I

Contributor I

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Eames
Member #

1) Picture! - Coming Soon! -
2) Location: Redwood City
3) Rig: 2021 Tundra
4) Overlanding Experience Background: been doing it amateurishly for years to rockhound or just get "away" but never called it "overlanding". Had kids, took a little hiatus, came back and found alllll kinds of fun folks and new gear and we're really excited to be back on the trail!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

4) Overlanding Experience Background: been doing it amateurishly for years to rockhound or just get "away" but never called it "overlanding". Had kids, took a little hiatus, came back and found alllll kinds of fun folks and new gear and we're really excited to be back on the trail!
Welcome to the OB crew

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi
I am from Happy Valley Oregon and I am building my 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ for over landing. I want to build a expedition trailer out of a MJ bees that matches my XJ - I have gone through this thing after buying it from an old couple - she only has 118k miles - new long arm suspension - all new or restored interior - just installed new JCR bumper with many new parts coming - hope to hook up and get out this year - Ron

Hello Ron , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,
I live in the Southbay area of SoCal. I just purchased a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro. I plan to keep it as stock as possible. I enjoy camping and hiking and hope to get to more challenging places that I didn't want to take my 2010 Honda Pilot 4WD. Our first trip last week was to Death Valley, where we did Titus Canyon and the Racetrack, camping overnight at Homestake Dry Camp. Planning on trying some beginner trails (Berdoo Canyon, Old Dale Road, Cleghorn, etc) to get offroad driving skills.
Hello Theodore, welcome to Overland Bound. Even stock you will be amazed at where that truck will take you, try trailsoffroad.com for finding local trails.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi
Hello Ron, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

_jeff

Rank II

Contributor III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wesson
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
IMG_1780 (1).jpeg

- Central California
- currently have a 15 Honda CR-V, 14 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback, 13 Trek FX, Emotion Kayak (from Costco)
- used to have an 04 Tacoma TRD, 14 Harley-Davidson XL1200T SuperLow
- Experienced Novice, approaching Intermediate.

Although my experience isn't very typical, I've done a few long distance motorcycle trips solo, with friends, and large groups that included camping, KOAs, and hotels. I've also done a fair amount of long distance driving across the states via motels or couch surfing back in my twenties. And I've relied on a bicycle to get me to and from trains, buses, and ferries on my old 2.5 hour commute into San Francisco. Now I mainly load up the kayaks and head up to the lake with the family for beach access, camping trips, or lightweight baja style on hardpan where I can. I used to own a 2004 Tacoma TRD and have some off-road experience in dunes but am now awaiting a Bronco on reserve but it won't be here until 2022.

I'm trading in the motorcycle trips for more family-friendly adventures and am glad to have found this community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 196189

- Central California
- currently have a 15 Honda CR-V, 14 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback, 13 Trek FX, Emotion Kayak (from Costco)
- used to have an 04 Tacoma TRD, 14 Harley-Davidson XL1200T SuperLow
- Experienced Novice, approaching Intermediate.

Although my experience isn't very typical, I've done a few long distance motorcycle trips solo, with friends, and large groups that included camping, KOAs, and hotels. I've also done a fair amount of long distance driving across the states via motels or couch surfing back in my twenties. And I've relied on a bicycle to get me to and from trains, buses, and ferries on my old 2.5 hour commute into San Francisco. Now I mainly load up the kayaks and head up to the lake with the family for beach access, camping trips, or lightweight baja style on hardpan where I can. I used to own a 2004 Tacoma TRD and have some off-road experience in dunes but am now awaiting a Bronco on reserve but it won't be here until 2022.

I'm trading in the motorcycle trips for more family-friendly adventures and am glad to have found this community.
Hello Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound, we are glad you are here.

Team4M

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martell
Member #

Hello all,
I’ve been a long-time visitor and have gained a ton of knowledge from the members on this site (and the great video content on YouTube!).
My name is Tony (Team4M) from the Tampa Bay Area and although free time is rare, I love to spend it outdoors.

I’m constantly evolving my rig (2016 Tundra) to meet the needs of our family.
As she sits today;
- Bilstein 6112/5160 suspension
- 34.8” Ridge Grapplers
- basic recovery gear, comms, & goodies

On order
- CBI overland bars
- Smittybuilt Overlander RTT

Future plans
- 18” Method or Fuel wheels
- 35x12.5’s
- Steel bumper & winch
- sliders & armor
- a whole bunch of cool stuff I’ll find here..

I got into overlanding because I spent a lot of time backpacking and always enjoyed going “a little farther out” and have always admired old land cruisers. Two summers ago, I rented a fully kitted out 4Runner and spent 5 days in the Colorado backcountry with my oldest son and immediately started shopping for a platform to build on. Since then we’ve done more camping than overlanding but have a few cool adventures on the horizon.
Just got back from a few days on the Georgia traverse and we’re doing a 2-week trek up through Tennessee & Kentucky with Drummond Island Michigan as the final destination. Hoping to get to cape lookout national seashore in the early fall as well.
I hope to learn a bunch and contribute what I can to this great community. Thanks all!
T

Attachments

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I’m constantly evolving my rig (2016 Tundra) to meet the needs of our family.
As she sits today;
- Bilstein 6112/5160 suspension
- 34.8” Ridge Grapplers
- basic recovery gear, comms, & goodies
welcome, tony

gotta love the tundra! my wife has a jeep sahara and i have a tundra...we always go in the tundra
not sure how it is in florida, but not much here in louisiana so we go to georgia a lot. how was your trip on the traverse? we hadn't tried that yet, but we have camped and hiked all around the helen area and loved it

Cheyenne.JKU

Rank II

Contributor III

Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Stafford
Member #

Michael,

Member 26927

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

So far she has steel front and rear bumpers. On order now is a roof rack for my tent I have.

Novice to Overlanding, but eager to learn and explore.

Attachments

Scubaferber

Rank II

Contributor III

Winter Garden, FL, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Ferber
Member #

Hey all Frank here. Along with my wife Eileen and son Declan. I am new to the overlanding but fairly experienced in off-roading owning multiple Jeeps in the past. Love getting the family outdoors and going camping. We currently have a 2020 Subaru Outback and plan on starting to outfit it. We live in the Orlando Florida area. Look forward to meeting new friends in this exciting community.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Hey all Frank here. Along with my wife Eileen and son Declan. I am new to the overlanding but fairly experienced in off-roading owning multiple Jeeps in the past. Love getting the family outdoors and going camping. We currently have a 2020 Subaru Outback and plan on starting to outfit it. We live in the Orlando Florida area. Look forward to meeting new friends in this exciting community.
welcome, frank...glad to have you as a member!
there is a thread on here for subaru owners so definitely post your mods