Rank 0

Contributor I

Saltillo, MS, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Pittman
Hey everyone!
I’m Larry. I’ve been an avid outdoorsman for years but started Overlanding about 2 years ago. I have mostly owned first generation broncos but got into jeeps a few years ago. My current build is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ.
I still consider myself a novice and I’m excited about getting to know everyone!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Eastern NC
2008 f150 super crewcab
Novice. In the process of building out my truck.
Hoping to learn alot on here.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
I’m Larry. I’ve been an avid outdoorsman for years but started Overlanding about 2 years ago. I have mostly owned first generation broncos but got into jeeps a few years ago. My current build is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ.
I still consider myself a novice and I’m excited about getting to know everyone!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jon
Rig is a 2017 tacoma
In slc utah
I would say I was novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Jon
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 195675Hello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Location: I am located in Omaha, Arkansas close to the Missouri Border
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK
Overlanding Experience: I would consider myself new to overlanding. I have attended several events in the Midwest but mostly as a Vendor. I am the Owner of Long Creek Overland Apparel Company. I am not new to camping, or off-roading, I am new to combining the two for a whole new adventure.

I look forward to possibly meeting up with like minded adventurers in the area.
Welcome To Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark AR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! New member and super excited.
My name is Raj or RJ whatever is easiest. In my profile bio is my overlanding journey start. Super novice but am eager to learn, grow and get outdoors to have fun. I am fly fishing enthusiast which is what is the motivation for my overlanding start.
I decided to go with what I got right now which is a 2004 Ram 1500. I overhauled it a bit and will be upgrading a whole bunch more soon. Can't wait to get to know more folks! Attached is where I started with the vehicle and where it is today.

Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Raj
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Check out this page for some Full Size motivation;

Reactions: FishLander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Intro time:

My name is Levi (Tulsa, Ok)
Im new to Overlanding but I’ve been an outdoorsman my whole life.

I roll in my ‘06-2500 MEGA Ram.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
Here is a page you might like;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.
Check this page our for build inspiration;
Overland Vehicle Build Threads

Reactions: sweetcbb

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is Ron. I have been in the outdoors most of my life. Like to team up with people hang out camp and work on the rigs. I drive a 2013 Tacoma. With an Alu Cab RTT and awning. View attachment 195642
Welcome to Overland Bound Ron
Great looking rig, I see the dog box do you take them along on trips?
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello everyone!!
View attachment 195616
my location is Spokan,WA.
my rig is a 2015 xterra pro -4 an I have had her only for a month, lol till now, i was a happy co-pilot..1st off road rig for me..all my others have prefer pavement.. I have many things to learn about and with her !
and i have no true overlanding experience, but plenty of fun times exploring by myself and with our family lol love people, animals , local history,life, we have explored many things and ways .. ranging from whitewater kayaking, hiking, backpacking, car camping with our now 5 grown children , i have and still enjoy working road races, ..but miss our outdoor adventures and ready to explore and find new adventures in my trusty xterra-have not named her yet..exited to learn from and meet new friends!
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be on the Forum. Retired mechanical engineer. Using my 2017 Forester as a soft roader, mostly forest roads and fire trails in the Southeast. Have plenty of time now to learn what I need to know to get out into the forest or desert or wherever I can safely go with my mild rig. Baby steps first. Thanks for adding me!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: FloridaRog

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All! New member and super excited.
My name is Raj or RJ whatever is easiest. In my profile bio is my overlanding journey start. Super novice but am eager to learn, grow and get outdoors to have fun. I am fly fishing enthusiast which is what is the motivation for my overlanding start.
I decided to go with what I got right now which is a 2004 Ram 1500. I overhauled it a bit and will be upgrading a whole bunch more soon. Can't wait to get to know more folks! Attached is where I started with the vehicle and where it is today.

Thanks!
Hello Raj, welcome to Overland Bound. Thanks for the pics, nice ride.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 195675Hello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Location: I am located in Omaha, Arkansas close to the Missouri Border
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK
Overlanding Experience: I would consider myself new to overlanding. I have attended several events in the Midwest but mostly as a Vendor. I am the Owner of Long Creek Overland Apparel Company. I am not new to camping, or off-roading, I am new to combining the two for a whole new adventure.

I look forward to possibly meeting up with like minded adventurers in the area.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound, nice Jeep.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!
Hello Larry, welcome to Overland Bound.