Colton, CA, USA
First Name
Fabio
Last Name
Sousa
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!
Hello Fabio, welcome to Overland Bound and thanks for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,

I'm Nav. I'm new to OB and overlanding in general. I don't have vehicle yet (in search of LX460's). I'm on Auto-Trader and Car Gurus daily.

Rig: In search of my partner
Experience: Non-Existant; I do however go downhill mountain biking in New Hampshire from time to time and trail biking out in Long Island. I do love to be outside. I'm hoping that Overlanding can provide more time with nature and being outside in-general.
Hello Nav, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Pictures!!!! lol

My name is Brent, and I am loosely located in Maine. I also travel a lot between California, where I was born and raised ( I hate that place a lot lol) Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Maine. I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, pretty lightly modified. 3" lift and 33s. Removed the rear seats, built some super ghetto drawers, tossed the fridge in, and ran away from California haha. I have been overlanding and doing off road stuff now for about 2 years, so I think I am pretty novice. But I have been out nearly every weekend since I got hooked, and did travel the entire country in my Rover lol. So I wouldn't say I am without experience. I am really looking forward to meeting some new folks here, and going on adventures!!

View attachment 195499View attachment 195500View attachment 195501View attachment 195502View attachment 195503View attachment 195504View attachment 195505View attachment 195506View attachment 195507View attachment 195508View attachment 195509View attachment 195510View attachment 195511View attachment 195512View attachment 195513View attachment 195514View attachment 195515View attachment 195516View attachment 195517
Hello Brent, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Helias86

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow overlanders,

My name is Matthew Flores, I live in Pasadena California, and drive a 2010 Toyota Fj Cruiser. I run 33in wild peaks on 17in MT, with icons 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the rear. A little about myself, I work for the Forest Service out in Wyoming during the spring, through Fall, love the outdoors, and love driving to new places in the middle of nowhere. Experience-wise, I still like to think of myself as we traveled, but no expert since I'm always learning new things. I've been on Overland Bound Forums for a few years but have never posted so I figured it was time to jump on and introduce myself to the group and see where it leads. anyways thanks for reading this far and happy/safe travels.
View attachment 195518
Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound, thanks for the beautiful picture.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Hello Frans, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My name is Charles, I live in Santee, CA(San Diego area) and explore in my 99 Jeep Cherokee since 2010.

I started out mostly day tripping in Anza Borrego and beyond, but I have learned that I am not a rock crawler and that I prefer to spend more than a few hours in the wild. Though my Jeep is equipped to handle most anything that 33" tires can handle, I rarely choose trails that are technical slogs. Overtime I have been taking more and more multi day trips and honing my gear for overland travel.

My Jeep is my backpack, I try to keep my gear light and compact. This works fine except when I travel with both my Wife and Son(11), then space gets tight.

Some of the overlanding trips I have taken in my Jeep: Picacho Peak(CA), KOFA Wildlife Refuge, Mohave Preserve, Anza Borrego, Monache Meadows
Some of the roadtrips(motels, airbnb , or basecamp): Zion/Bryce/North Rim(Toroweep), Silverton/Telluride, Death Valley

I have led Meetup groups on trips, and I lead my Father and a Friend of mine on trips. I look forward to meeting some like minded individuals in my community and exploring some new places.View attachment 195557
Hello Charles, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all..
-current home base is SW Michigan
-current rig is 2012 Tacoma
-been ‘over landing’ for years if you count hunting, fishing, hiking, boating etc all over Michigan for the past 45 years
-getting close to retirement and this is going to be my ‘way’ forward to enjoy that retirement
Looking forward to getting my latest truck up to the task plus connecting with new friends here in state and out of state as we plan on traveling more and more.
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All, I live in Orange County CA. I just bought a new 2021 4Runner. And I am a complete and total newbie to overlanding. Ive been out a few times with a friend, and absolutely loved it.

I’m hoping to meet new like minded friends and get suggestions and recommendations to make my 4Runner more capable.
Hello Gary, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi I'm new here,
My name is Ezra and I'm from the netherlands (mid. europe)
I'm driving a '95 land rover defender 110 300tdi.
I've travelled most of mid and south Europe with my defender and howling moon rooftop tent.
Hoping to meet new people and share some experiences.
Hello Ezra, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Nomad81

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello all..
-been ‘over landing’ for years if you count hunting, fishing, hiking, boating etc all over Michigan for the past 45 years
-getting close to retirement and this is going to be my ‘way’ forward to enjoy that retirement
Looking forward to getting my latest truck up to the task plus connecting with new friends here in state and out of state as we plan on traveling more and more.
I'll be rolling through your area June 18-20...Headed up to Sleeping Bear Dunes and on to the UP. Have you done much overlanding in the Huron-Manistee NF? We are going to be following some route I found shared on GAIA GPS. Any suggestions of what not to miss?

FloridaRog

Rank 0

Contributor I

Apopka, FL, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Collins
Glad to be on the Forum. Retired mechanical engineer. Using my 2017 Forester as a soft roader, mostly forest roads and fire trails in the Southeast. Have plenty of time now to learn what I need to know to get out into the forest or desert or wherever I can safely go with my mild rig. Baby steps first. Thanks for adding me!

Attachments

sunnypath

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Solvejg
Last Name
Rockliffe
hello everyone!!
IMG_6482.JPG
my location is Spokan,WA.
my rig is a 2015 xterra pro -4 an I have had her only for a month, lol till now, i was a happy co-pilot..1st off road rig for me..all my others have prefer pavement.. I have many things to learn about and with her !
and i have no true overlanding experience, but plenty of fun times exploring by myself and with our family lol love people, animals , local history,life, we have explored many things and ways .. ranging from whitewater kayaking, hiking, backpacking, car camping with our now 5 grown children , i have and still enjoy working road races, ..but miss our outdoor adventures and ready to explore and find new adventures in my trusty xterra-have not named her yet..exited to learn from and meet new friends!

mmrhodes06

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Rhodes
Member #

Hello all..
I'll be rolling through your area June 18-20...Headed up to Sleeping Bear Dunes and on to the UP. Have you done much overlanding in the Huron-Manistee NF? We are going to be following some route I found shared on GAIA GPS. Any suggestions of what not to miss?
We’ve been over to Manistee a few times to canoe and tube float the Manistee River... lazy floats with the fam n friends. Good time. As far as trails honestly we’ve only gone down the 2 tracks the DNR has for the various campsites and there are quite a few rental cabins but nothing extreme...now the dunes.. that’s a different story lots of sand and scenery it’s awesome. The UP is great as well can’t complain love the Curtis area and of course Pictured Rocks, Whitefish point, Indian Lake. The ORV trails make sure you get the DNR trail pass - the CO’s up there are more powerful than the State Troopers lol

mmrhodes06

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Rhodes
Member #

Hello all..
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks! Looking forward to all that it has to offer...

sweetcbb

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Caroline
Last Name
Baty-Barr
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Hello Frans,

Welcome to Overland Bound! Enjoy!

Hopefully, we will meet on some trails soon! For the time we cannot meet in person due to the C19 restrictions, we have a virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes place every 2nd week. Feel free to join if you like. Next one will be this Friday at 8PM CET!

You will find all details at the Rally Points page.

Looking forward to see you on Friday!

Cheers, Björn