First Name
Graham
Last Name
Holmes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MRJ
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®
Thank you Kent

Reactions: Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Je suis également un passionné d'automobile et j'aime modifier les véhicules.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
Hello Paul,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Ezra and welkom hier.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Hopelijk tot gauw ergens op een event of trail.

Greetings from Robert

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Ezra!

Welcome to Overland Bound! Enjoy!

Hopefully, we will meet on some trails soon! For the time we cannot meet in person here due to C19 restrictions, we have a virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes place every 2nd week. Feel free to join if you like. Next one will be this Friday!
You will find all details at the Rally Points page.

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: Nomad81 and Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Hello Frans en welkom hier op het forum,

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Kom zelf ook uit Nederland, dus mocht je wat willen weten kun je gerust mij vragen.

Greetings from Robert

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm new here,
My name is Ezra and I'm from the netherlands (mid. europe)
I'm driving a '95 land rover defender 110 300tdi.
I've travelled most of mid and south Europe with my defender and howling moon rooftop tent.
Hoping to meet new people and share some experiences.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ezra
Your Regional Director @Robert OB 33/48 is a great resource, don't hesitate to contact him.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Nomad81

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: EJ
Rig: Currently a 2018 Jeep Compass. Has a 1.5" lift and much larger tires.
Experience: We've taken a few trips so far. We're limited due to our rig, but we've tallied up 3 Jeep BoH so far.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All, I live in Orange County CA. I just bought a new 2021 4Runner. And I am a complete and total newbie to overlanding. Ive been out a few times with a friend, and absolutely loved it.

I’m hoping to meet new like minded friends and get suggestions and recommendations to make my 4Runner more capable.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all..
-current home base is SW Michigan
-current rig is 2012 Tacoma
-been ‘over landing’ for years if you count hunting, fishing, hiking, boating etc all over Michigan for the past 45 years
-getting close to retirement and this is going to be my ‘way’ forward to enjoy that retirement
Looking forward to getting my latest truck up to the task plus connecting with new friends here in state and out of state as we plan on traveling more and more.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: Gus Guerrero

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Charles, I live in Santee, CA(San Diego area) and explore in my 99 Jeep Cherokee since 2010.

I started out mostly day tripping in Anza Borrego and beyond, but I have learned that I am not a rock crawler and that I prefer to spend more than a few hours in the wild. Though my Jeep is equipped to handle most anything that 33" tires can handle, I rarely choose trails that are technical slogs. Overtime I have been taking more and more multi day trips and honing my gear for overland travel.

My Jeep is my backpack, I try to keep my gear light and compact. This works fine except when I travel with both my Wife and Son(11), then space gets tight.

Some of the overlanding trips I have taken in my Jeep: Picacho Peak(CA), KOFA Wildlife Refuge, Mohave Preserve, Anza Borrego, Monache Meadows
Some of the roadtrips(motels, airbnb , or basecamp): Zion/Bryce/North Rim(Toroweep), Silverton/Telluride, Death Valley

I have led Meetup groups on trips, and I lead my Father and a Friend of mine on trips. I look forward to meeting some like minded individuals in my community and exploring some new places.View attachment 195557
Welcome to Overland Bound Charles
Great looking rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
I’m brand new to overlanding but have been camping for around 30 years.
vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Liberty but looking to upgrade.
Currently in Tampa Bay Florida
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Welcome to Overland Bound Frans.
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 who lives in the Netherlands, he is a great resource for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow overlanders,

My name is Matthew Flores, I live in Pasadena California, and drive a 2010 Toyota Fj Cruiser. I run 33in wild peaks on 17in MT, with icons 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the rear. A little about myself, I work for the Forest Service out in Wyoming during the spring, through Fall, love the outdoors, and love driving to new places in the middle of nowhere. Experience-wise, I still like to think of myself as we traveled, but no expert since I'm always learning new things. I've been on Overland Bound Forums for a few years but have never posted so I figured it was time to jump on and introduce myself to the group and see where it leads. anyways thanks for reading this far and happy/safe travels.
View attachment 195518
Welcome to Overland Bound Matthew
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
If you ever get time off when you are in WY the regional director is @Neal A. Tew and the local Member Representative is @WyOverland
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Overland Expo West
Stay safe this season, its going to be a long one.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pictures!!!! lol

My name is Brent, and I am loosely located in Maine. I also travel a lot between California, where I was born and raised ( I hate that place a lot lol) Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Maine. I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, pretty lightly modified. 3" lift and 33s. Removed the rear seats, built some super ghetto drawers, tossed the fridge in, and ran away from California haha. I have been overlanding and doing off road stuff now for about 2 years, so I think I am pretty novice. But I have been out nearly every weekend since I got hooked, and did travel the entire country in my Rover lol. So I wouldn't say I am without experience. I am really looking forward to meeting some new folks here, and going on adventures!!

View attachment 195499View attachment 195500View attachment 195501View attachment 195502View attachment 195503View attachment 195504View attachment 195505View attachment 195506View attachment 195507View attachment 195508View attachment 195509View attachment 195510View attachment 195511View attachment 195512View attachment 195513View attachment 195514View attachment 195515View attachment 195516View attachment 195517
Welcome to Overland Bound Brent
Great looking setup!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

I'm Nav. I'm new to OB and overlanding in general. I don't have vehicle yet (in search of LX460's). I'm on Auto-Trader and Car Gurus daily.

Rig: In search of my partner
Experience: Non-Existant; I do however go downhill mountain biking in New Hampshire from time to time and trail biking out in Long Island. I do love to be outside. I'm hoping that Overlanding can provide more time with nature and being outside in-general.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nav
The rig for you is out there, you just need to be patient
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomad81

Rank I

Contributor III

Netherlands
First Name
Ezra
Last Name
Scholten
Hello Ezra and welkom hier.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Hopelijk tot gauw ergens op een event of trail.

Greetings from Robert
Hello Robert, thanx for welcoming me on the forum, I've noticed you are also based in the netherlands? Are there more members over here? I'm from Delft, I grew up in the south of limburg.
I also joined the WhatsApp group mid eur.

Greetings, Ezra

Fabio_TRE_JLU

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast I

Colton, CA, USA
First Name
Fabio
Last Name
Sousa
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Been a member for a little bit and forgot to start off my introduction lol...
I’m Located in Colton CA I am the proud owner of the first TrailRecon Edition 2019 JLU Rubicon overland ready out of the box adventure vehicle and I’m loving it!! Had a JKU some years ago when I was enlisted in the USMC, that feeling of driving jeep never left me so I had to get another one i’d say my experience is moderate to high but I can’t wait to connect with some fellow minded people, also I’m about to finally participate in my first OB meet up this weekend with the Inland Empire group can’t wait to meet y’all on the trail!
Hello Fabio, welcome to Overland Bound and thanks for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,

I'm Nav. I'm new to OB and overlanding in general. I don't have vehicle yet (in search of LX460's). I'm on Auto-Trader and Car Gurus daily.

Rig: In search of my partner
Experience: Non-Existant; I do however go downhill mountain biking in New Hampshire from time to time and trail biking out in Long Island. I do love to be outside. I'm hoping that Overlanding can provide more time with nature and being outside in-general.
Hello Nav, welcome to Overland Bound.