Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All. My name is Ted. I'm an Eagle Scout that grew up tent camping. Have camped with my Son for the last 11 years on his way to Eagle a year ago. We are moving on to what's next. The Missus loves the woods but doensn't dig sleeping on the ground.
Just bought an Opus OP4 to pull behind our Jeep. Looking forward to new adventures with the whole family.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ted
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 @adventure_is_necessary @T. Stanley
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Iwata77

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hi all, I’m new to this lifestyle so new in fact I’ve not taken a trip yet as I’m waiting for my roof tent to arrive.

I’m based in the U.K. & going to start exploring the place where I live first so I can get a feel for the lifestyle & what I might need etc so I can test my kit out. I’ve done off road driving many times but not for some years so I feel this is the a way to get back out in nature but to a whole new level for a new adventure.

So I have my vehicle, I have my basic kit & I have my sense of adventure & I can’t wait to get out & about!

Best regards

Paul
Hi Paul!

Whereabouts are you?

We are in Surrey. As the pandemic eases we are starting to plan trips. We were actually away this weekend ourselves!

There are a couple of “rally points” already in the diary plus a couple more just awaiting legislation changes.

Hope to meet soon!

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello, I'm Shae!
Longtime YouTube lurker who has finally decided to take the plunge.
I grew up a girl scout and tent camped from my childhood through college. Unfortunately, I got caught up in my career after college and haven't connected with nature much since.
I'm in the Colorado Springs area and I'm new to overlanding, but can't wait to hit the trails this summer!

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Welcome to Overland Bound Shae
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks for the resources!

Reactions: Kent R

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello, I'm Shae!
Longtime YouTube lurker who has finally decided to take the plunge.
I grew up a girl scout and tent camped from my childhood through college. Unfortunately, I got caught up in my career after college and haven't connected with nature much since.
I'm in the Colorado Springs area and I'm new to overlanding, but can't wait to hit the trails this summer!

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Welcome Shae! Glad you joined us, see you out there!

Nav Si

Rank 0

Contributor I

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Nav
Last Name
Singh
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Nav. I'm new to OB and overlanding in general. I don't have vehicle yet (in search of LX460's). I'm on Auto-Trader and Car Gurus daily.

Rig: In search of my partner
Experience: Non-Existant; I do however go downhill mountain biking in New Hampshire from time to time and trail biking out in Long Island. I do love to be outside. I'm hoping that Overlanding can provide more time with nature and being outside in-general.

Helias86

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Maine, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
tyler
Member #

Pictures!!!! lol

My name is Brent, and I am loosely located in Maine. I also travel a lot between California, where I was born and raised ( I hate that place a lot lol) Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Maine. I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, pretty lightly modified. 3" lift and 33s. Removed the rear seats, built some super ghetto drawers, tossed the fridge in, and ran away from California haha. I have been overlanding and doing off road stuff now for about 2 years, so I think I am pretty novice. But I have been out nearly every weekend since I got hooked, and did travel the entire country in my Rover lol. So I wouldn't say I am without experience. I am really looking forward to meeting some new folks here, and going on adventures!!

received_326753488614520.jpegreceived_2438052809826743.jpegIMG_20200507_202302_696.jpgIMG_20200907_004847_153.jpg20200629_171657.jpg20200702_175150.jpg20210328_140903.jpg20210313_085950.jpg20200906_165200.jpg20200928_222328.jpg20201003_150006.jpgFB_IMG_1599447511099.jpgFB_IMG_1599447555402.jpgFB_IMG_1599448328391.jpgFB_IMG_1603748327557.jpg20200712_113738-01.jpeg20200712_150947-01.jpegIMG_20210414_232948_402-01.jpeg20210403_181957.jpg

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I am from Morgantown, WV and I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee named Mongo. View attachment 193474
This pic is from a couple years ago at the local Boy Scout camp (Camp Mountaineer). I'm the Scoutmaster for Troop 64. Most of my camping for the past few years have been with the scouts and some local trips with the family. Last year I bought a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado for a daily driver and am slowly converting my Jeep to an overlander. My son is almost 13 and I want to go on some adventures with him. I also have plans to build a camping trailer to go with Mongo.
View attachment 193477 View attachment 193475View attachment 193476More pics to come.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello! I’m Mark and that’s my pup Scout in my pic. We’re located in Central Ohio. We’re just getting started in some overlanding. I’ve got a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn that I’m hoping to start accessorizing more soon. We look forward to learning and maybe meeting some local people too
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Daniel, I am located in the Sacramento area and a newbie to overlanding. I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and just starting my overland setup.I have a trip planned to Zion,Bryce,Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon. I would appreciate any suggestions on places to overland camp in those areas. thanks

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello, I'm Nic and I have a slightly modified 1st gen Tundra

View attachment 193586

I'm from western Canada, but I'm currently in Ontario for the next year. So if you have any trip suggestions for southern Ontario let me know.

For a more verbose intro you can read my poorly written truck intro

Are those weasels in your user pic?

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello, I’m Rick with my wife Sherry-Kay.

We have a new two door JL Jeep Willy’s. And a 2019 Tundra just getting started with the overland experience.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Nav. I'm new to OB and overlanding in general. I don't have vehicle yet (in search of LX460's). I'm on Auto-Trader and Car Gurus daily.

Rig: In search of my partner
Experience: Non-Existant; I do however go downhill mountain biking in New Hampshire from time to time and trail biking out in Long Island. I do love to be outside. I'm hoping that Overlanding can provide more time with nature and being outside in-general.

Reactions: Nav Si and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Pictures!!!! lol

My name is Brent, and I am loosely located in Maine. I also travel a lot between California, where I was born and raised ( I hate that place a lot lol) Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Maine. I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, pretty lightly modified. 3" lift and 33s. Removed the rear seats, built some super ghetto drawers, tossed the fridge in, and ran away from California haha. I have been overlanding and doing off road stuff now for about 2 years, so I think I am pretty novice. But I have been out nearly every weekend since I got hooked, and did travel the entire country in my Rover lol. So I wouldn't say I am without experience. I am really looking forward to meeting some new folks here, and going on adventures!!

View attachment 195499View attachment 195500View attachment 195501View attachment 195502View attachment 195503View attachment 195504View attachment 195505View attachment 195506View attachment 195507View attachment 195508View attachment 195509View attachment 195510View attachment 195511View attachment 195512View attachment 195513View attachment 195514View attachment 195515View attachment 195516View attachment 195517
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello Everyone. I'm Mike and I just stumbled into overlanding about a year ago when Covid hit. It started as entertainment, checking out YouTube videos, and the idea of overlanding sounded interesting the more I learned about it. I'm not sure my wife agrees, but time will tell.

Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU (pretty much stock)
Overlanding Experience: Novice

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello Outlanders, glad to be here ..I just picked up a 2004 Lexus GX 470.. Hoping to find some help with spots to go in Northeast Pa..

FjFlores2481

Rank II

Contributor III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Flores
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders,

My name is Matthew Flores, I live in Pasadena California, and drive a 2010 Toyota Fj Cruiser. I run 33in wild peaks on 17in MT, with icons 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the rear. A little about myself, I work for the Forest Service out in Wyoming during the spring, through Fall, love the outdoors, and love driving to new places in the middle of nowhere. Experience-wise, I still like to think of myself as we traveled, but no expert since I'm always learning new things. I've been on Overland Bound Forums for a few years but have never posted so I figured it was time to jump on and introduce myself to the group and see where it leads. anyways thanks for reading this far and happy/safe travels.
IMG_6072.jpg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hola overlanders! Looking to make some treks out of our home base in Portland, OR. I've got a 98 4Runner with a Smittybilt on top. Bit of a novice to overlanding. Lots of backwoods camping, but looking forward to sleeping off the ground.

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

1618859407070.jpeg