Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Warren here, most just call me “Dean-o”
Just getting started in overlanding adventures, many many years of camping in the military and my life before that. Life got busy and have not been out exploring in several years. Earlier this year, did a quick trip to south Texas with a good friend and realized how much I missed it. Now I want to get back into exploration and camping, overlanding is the next best thing! Location: Central Texas -Alamo area. Rig: 2020 Toyota Tundra Platinum
Experience: just a beginner
Hello Dean-o, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy!
New to overlanding but super excited to get involved with some adventures with my 2 dogs. My wheels are a 2008 Tacoma. Built a bed with drawers in the canopy last summer. Slowly stocking my camping gear and tricking out my stealth camping bedroom as I learn what is relevant and what is not. Located in beautiful British Columbia Canada
Hello Joan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

TrailAddict76

Rank II

Contributor III

Eastvale, CA, USA
First Name
Wyatt
Last Name
Zollinger
Member #

Hi Im Wyatt and Im from Southern California from a city called Eastvale next to Corona. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 4x4 with TRD Skid Plate, Bilstien Shocks, Method 305 wheels with 0 offset wrapped with 35inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I have a KB VooDoo Max Modular bed rack with Black Rock Equipment Roof Top Tent, Tred recover boards, Rotopax 5g fuel and 2.5g water mounted with rotopax mounts, Baja Designs Amber rear chase lights and an ARB 6x8 Awning. Will be adding new rockslides and full undercarriage skid plates in time. Rig is new and want to keep it as new as possible for the first year or two:tearsofjoy: Had a older 4runner before but still consider my self beginner in overlanding. Im 45 and seeking adventure in my life right now so hope to meet you guys and explore more!
tempImagefPuNgH.png

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Hi Im Wyatt and Im from Southern California from a city called Eastvale next to Corona. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 4x4 with TRD Skid Plate, Bilstien Shocks, Method 305 wheels with 0 offset wrapped with 35inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I have a KB VooDoo Max Modular bed rack with Black Rock Equipment Roof Top Tent, Tred recover boards, Rotopax 5g fuel and 2.5g water mounted with rotopax mounts, Baja Designs Amber rear chase lights and an ARB 6x8 Awning. Will be adding new rockslides and full undercarriage skid plates in time. Rig is new and want to keep it as new as possible for the first year or two:tearsofjoy: Had a older 4runner before but still consider my self beginner in overlanding. Im 45 and seeking adventure in my life right now so hope to meet you guys and explore more!
View attachment 194960
Welcome to OB my friend!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,

This is Teja.

1. Fremont,CA
2. 1999 Lexus LX470 - bought it back in Feb which came with some modifications already done to it and added little touches to call it my own.
3. Experience - I’ve driven on some trails solo but nothing serious off-roading. I’m a beginner and new to overlanding.

Thanks and be safe!

Teja
Hello Teja, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Teja and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Overlanders!

My Name is Adam, KC3MYO and yep, I’m also into amateur radio. I’m located PA and I drive a 2013 Honda Pilot which is just getting broken in with 135,000 miles of fun! The All terrain tires and my VHF/UHF radio have gotten me in too.. and out off just about as much trouble as I can create!

I’m new to the OB world so I’d consider my self a novice. Currently, when I’m not playing radio, my newly formed family and I are shifting the focus of our travelers from destination based, to journey centered. Which means I’ll probably sell the tent I currently have in exchange for something more... mobile.. .

Until we meet on the trail, free to reach out and 73s!

Adam
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB community. That's quite the tent.

Reactions: Kent R and KC3MYO

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello. Found this site on YouTube.
Location Eugene Oregon
Vehicle 1986 Ford F250 Extra Cab 4X4 Diesel (WIP) The pic is when my son borrowed it and it broke down. Doing lots of work to it.
After getting my license I would drive around a lot. Once I got my Toyota 4X4 I would get the old Forestry Maps go a ways up a highway find a road, look for the next one and try to find the longest way to get to it. Sometimes I would drive 30 or 40 miles to travel a mile up the road. Miss it so much.
View attachment 194841
Hello David, welcome to the OB community. I am the Southern Oregon Members Rep so if I can be of any help to you just let me know.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from IA!
Joined to help my research of Overlanding out west. I have spent some time nearly everywhere but really enjoy being between anywhere near the Rockies. Unfortunately I have always done so from the pavement. Hoping to change that.
Hello Chuck, welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 194960
Welcome to Overland Bound Wyatt
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: TrailAddict76

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!
New to overlanding but super excited to get involved with some adventures with my 2 dogs. My wheels are a 2008 Tacoma. Built a bed with drawers in the canopy last summer. Slowly stocking my camping gear and tricking out my stealth camping bedroom as I learn what is relevant and what is not. Located in beautiful British Columbia Canada
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

Warren here, most just call me “Dean-o”
Just getting started in overlanding adventures, many many years of camping in the military and my life before that. Life got busy and have not been out exploring in several years. Earlier this year, did a quick trip to south Texas with a good friend and realized how much I missed it. Now I want to get back into exploration and camping, overlanding is the next best thing! Location: Central Texas -Alamo area. Rig: 2020 Toyota Tundra Platinum
Experience: just a beginner
Welcome to Overland Bound Warren
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
Name is Jose.
I live in HB, Orange County, California.
I've been an avid camper and backpacker for more than 10 years now,. I used to off road a lot in Baja, so when I found overlanding was the combination of 2 of my favorite things I had to get into it! Recently got a Tacoma and decided to get back into off-roading, Since I don't know many people that like doing this, here I am, and exited to be part of the group and go on some adventures.

View attachment 194938
Welcome to Overland Bound Jose
Great to have your copilote and navigator in the picture. Good looking set up.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,
Name is Jason
I’m in SE GA
Currently drive a ‘19 Compass Alttitude 2WD so haven’t done much, if any exploring with it. planning to get into a ‘21/‘22 Chevy Silverado 6.2L Trail Boss in the next 6 months or so.
View attachment 194936
Welcome To Overland Bound Jason
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Reactions: Army446909

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone. I'm Ryan. My wife and I recently purchased a GX470 to dip our toes into overloading. We are just getting started. We both like photography and video production on a hobby level and look forward to combining these hobbies with overloading in the great outdoors. We are in the northern Utah area near Salt Lake City.

View attachment 194920
The GX. Still stock for now...

We also have a Ford Bronco on order and are excited for that to come.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
The 470 is a very capable platform that can be modded very easily to get further off road. And thee Bronco, well I can only think that it will be great.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
My name is Craig and I am from Anchorage Alaska. Been into overlanding for around 5 years now as a way to get out and explore the state with my family (now 13 and twin 10year olds) started with my personal rig a 2000 landcruiser and now starting up a side gig renting overland vehicles in Alaska as Alaska Overlander with two new 4runners fully kitted out with everything you need and an Valiant expedition trailer. Check us out at www.alaskaoverlander.com

Love this activity and our family has so many memories that we will keep with us.

Level? Constantly learning and exploring.

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail
Welcome to Overland Bound Craig
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Zombie response
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Alaska Overlander

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 194960
Hello Wyatt, welcome to Overland Bound. Nice setup thanks for the pic.

Alaska Overlander

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Pester
Member #

Hi everyone,
My name is Craig and I am from Anchorage Alaska. Been into overlanding for around 5 years now as a way to get out and explore the state with my family (now 13 and twin 10year olds) started with my personal rig a 2000 landcruiser and now starting up a side gig renting overland vehicles in Alaska as Alaska Overlander with two new 4runners fully kitted out with everything you need and an Valiant expedition trailer. Check us out at www.alaskaoverlander.com

Love this activity and our family has so many memories that we will keep with us.

Level? Constantly learning and exploring.

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail
Welcome to Overland Bound Craig
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Zombie response
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
my

Thank you

Kpasa9

Rank 0

Contributor I

Newport, PA, USA
First Name
Kelli
Last Name
Kinzer
Hi!
My name is Kelli and I’m from Central Pennsylvania (between Harrisburg/State College).
I drive a 2014 VW Touareg.
We’re campers and backpackers but brand spanking new to over landing - I hadn’t even heard over that word until 2 weeks ago when we binge watched Lifestyle Overland.