Cybersmitty

Rank I

Contributor III

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Smith
Hi Everbody! I just found this forum and I am looking forward to hearing more about where to go and how to get there. I am new to overlanding but excited fo the adventure. My ride is a F150 but interested in learning more. I lived in Phoenix Arizona for a long time but haven’t explored as much of the state as I would have liked. I am looking forward to changing all of that and learning from all of you.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everbody! I just found this forum and I am looking forward to hearing more about where to go and how to get there. I am new to overlanding but excited fo the adventure. My ride is a F150 but interested in learning more. I lived in Phoenix Arizona for a long time but haven’t explored as much of the state as I would have liked. I am looking forward to changing all of that and learning from all of you.
Hello Brent
Welcome to Overland Bound
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
For finding trials I like trailsoffroad.com their rating system is spot on as far as difficulty of a specific trail.
Gaia.com for most navigation maps.
The best part about this community is we learn from each other.

Raven1Actual

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Coming soon!
hey everybody!!! new to overland bound and a novice in regards to overlanding. my rig is a 2013 Toyota Tundra limited 4wd. not much has been done to it yet. its leveled with 35" ko2's. I only have trd off road suspension right now. I'm waiting to upgrade suspension until its deemed needed. Have the warn zeon platinum 12-s winch ordered and going to be doing the hidden mount behind the bumper. I installed full skid plates from RCI. Im trying to decide if I want to do the arb compressor or power tank. I built an off road trailer with an extendable rack with gas struts for my rooftop tent. Im about to build/install a 12v system for the trailer in the near future as well. I, along with my wife and son, are really excited to get more into overlanding, camping, hiking, fishing, and just spending time outdoors in general as a family. we live in Huntington Beach California and look forward to finding places to explore along the west coast
Welcome!!

Blaino16

Rank I

Contributor I

Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Holt
Member #

Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

We are split based between Seattle and Coeur D’Alene.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Ham Callsign: KJ7PIL

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt
Welcome to Overland Bound Blaine and Jeana
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a page that might be interesting to you;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Since you are a ham already you might want to check out the Friday Ham Net;
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A page you might be interested is all about full size rigs;
Full Sized Rigs
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 194750View attachment 194751

This is an old picture of my 1982 Jeep CJ7 and the current state of the tear down for rebuild. When finished it will be an LS1 V8 but still with a five speed (Ax15).

My name is Rick and I’m located in Raleigh, NC. Part of the rebuild is to make the CJ more capable for over landing and capable enough tow an off-road trailer. The objective is not to test the limits of mechanical engineering and be rock crawling or purposefully putting the rig in situations it might invert itself. Will be evaluating brakes and locker options with the new driveline. Would prefer the CJ was driven where it’s going not trailered.

Experience camping, but not over landing. I also am into drone photography so getting places worth taking aerial shots is a hope. I also like camping but prefer cooler temperatures for that. My current trailer target (after getting the CJ is restored) is currently focused on the Off Grid Trailers Expedition 2.0 out of Canada. Would be interested in opinions on the CJ7 as the rig with E-brakes, 350HP and some other upgrades to make it more capable for towing.

NOTE My user name somehow got a typo. It should be WarEagleCJ. Trying to change it.
Welcome To Overland Bound Rick
Thats one heck of a project you have going there. And I would agree the Off Grid Trailer is a good choice in my opinion, the LS will certainly handle it with no problem. The biggest thing I ever did to my first CJ was put injection on it, you have kicked up bar a bit. ;-)
This page might help you with your trailer decision;
Overland Trailers
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here's the rig - A 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU

View attachment 194745

Name is Michael and I live in Arizona, formerly Oregon.

Total novice with respects to overlanding but I'm learning a lot by watching some of the great YT videos out there including Kevin's Lifestyle Overland series and Brad's Trail Recon series.

One thing I've learned in my search for accessories is that Jeep's acronym means, "Just Empty Every Pocket". Funny thing is my Ram pickups did the same thing to me.

Anyway, glad to be hear and I am really enjoying the content on Overland Bound!
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks. My name is Rick and my membership here is about 10 minutes old. I was raised among campers and deep woods backpackers, so I'm reasonably capable in the wilderness - but I am a definite beginner when it comes to overlanding. The current ride is a '21 Tacoma TRD OR...and I am doing my best to restrain the incessant over-the-top modification urges. We live in a 'burb southwest of Portland, OR (however, we are likely moving out of state in about a year or so). Look forward to getting to know folks and shamelessly stealing all of your overlanding secrets and BKMs. Thanks for the membership.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are currently in our North West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region” this will be helpful if you do move out of the area.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: RBinOR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, y'all!
Daniel from West Texas. Avid camper and explorer. Novice Overlander.
New Rig is a 2021 Jeep Desert Rated "Mojave" Gladiator (because I live in a desert haha).

Some cool upgrades I have coming for this truck:
-JCR offroad mid-height bed rack
-23Zero Walkabout 62 Rooftop (bed rack) Tent
-Some Rescue Boards
-RotoPax Gas Cans
-ARB Twin Motor Compressor Kit

Fortunately, the Jeep comes from the factory with some excellent upgrades:
-Fox 2.5 series shocks with external reservoirs, hydraulic bump stops, Offroad Plus+ Package, skid plates (aluminum), reinforced frame & axles, rock slides, 33" Falken Widlpeak M/T, as well as front and rear trail cameras.

For me and what we plan to use the truck for the only other upgrades needed may be bumpers and a Warn Winch along with some more rescue equipment.

View attachment 194732
Welcome to Overland Bound Daniel
The Mojave is a good choice in my opinion for Motorized Adventure Travel. Sounds like you have a good plan, have fun with it.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: BrownTX

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
H E L L O A L L !

Thank You for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting others who love discovering the backcountry. This is my baby, a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. Never thought I would ever own a Jeep! or ever
get an emotional attachment to a vehicle, but here we are and yes its is ❤. lol. She is my basecamp for traversing and backpacking and what a welcome site she is after a long day Be well everyone, hope to see you on trail soon!
View attachment 194731
View attachment 194730
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, Just joined the group. Name is Jordan, currently have no rig, but plan to right that soon. I grew up driving the fire trail in NSW, Australia around the Blue Mountains in a small group made up of Nissan Patrols, and Suzuki Sierras which made for an interesting bunch of weekend. Now I live in Missouri and plan on exploring the Ozarks.

Haven't been out on the trails in over a decade, and am looking at building up a 4Runner over the new few years. All my buddies drive jeeps, so I figured id change it up a little; and they will need someone to pull them out ;)

Anyways, hopefully will be showing up at some meet ups next year, and get my feet wet again.

Cheers.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jordan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 in MO and @BlueLineOverland in AR for the Ozarks.

Reactions: TaskerJC

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the welcome!

Based in Kentucky
Our rig is a '14 Jeep JKU Rubicon on 37's
Experienced. I have several years of overlanding and previous rock crawling experience, medical treatment and survival training (military)

Looking forward to meeting many of you and having adventures.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors in TN, Hank is a great resource for meet-ups and trips.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!
I'm Jess, my husband Mike and I have a Overland and a Wrangler. We live in Eastern WA and are novice overlanders. Looking forward to learningView attachment 194721 from everyone!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.
The closest Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to overland by concept but not new to adventure seeking. In my teen years I drove a mini-van many places an overlanding rig has never gone. Now i have grown up and been responsible im looking to get back into adventure and explore many parts of the land. just here in Utah are thousands of miles to explore. I hope to make new friends, that are family friendly explorers to explore with.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Experience: Back Country Driving, River Running, Backpacking, Scouting.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Cybersmitty

Rank I

Contributor III

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Smith
Hello Brent
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
For finding trials I like trailsoffroad.com their rating system is spot on as far as difficulty of a specific trail.
Gaia.com for most navigation maps.
The best part about this community is we learn from each other.
Hi Rich, thanks fore the welcome. I look forward to leaning more.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Conferance Call Banner Rally Points.jpg
It's that time again. Join in on the monthly Inland Northwest conference call every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Everyone is invited. This month we will be sharing trip plans and making Rally Points. This is the best way to meet new people and to not go out on the trail alone. Details on how to call and log in are here in this Rally Point. This is both a call and online event.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt
Hello Blaine and Jeana, welcome to Overland Bound. Very nice setup and thanks for the pics.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all!

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt

Hello Holts , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is the Seattle Area Member Representative and @Sandpoint Steve is closest member representative to Coeur D’Alene.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound