Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland bound community.... My name is Harold and my wife is Katrina.
We are in Texas near Houston. Our rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU and the trailer is a modified 2014 Okie Trailer
We are fairly new to overlanding. Love to camp and love off road travels, so figure its a good mix to get started.

We View attachment 194638
Welcome to Overland Bound Harold & Katrina
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Folks, just registered for the site today. Located in Hartland, CT, just to the left of the notch on the northern border with MA. Looking to learn about the Overland hobby and meet some folks. I'm an advanced amateur photographer interested in some beginner, tent camping, excursions here in the northeast to start off.

Have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, mostly stock at this point. But I do like to venture off the beaten path without really abusing it (still my daily driver).
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
Tim & Suz here from Saskatoon Canada! Glad to be a part of this community. We’ve been “overlanding” for two year but have been avid outdoors people forever... We love the life, the freedom and the new friendships that are forged from meeting like minded people.
We’re currently working on our rig, I don’t think this will ever stop!!! But so much fun.
Our platform is a Gen 5 4Runner currently in mod mode. Just waiting for the suspension and rear bumper to show up. I’m sooooo impatient...
So far we’ve put on a full roof rack, front winch bumper and winch, also rock sliders. Over the last few weeks we’ve built and installed a drawer system and fridge slide.
Looking forward to the Can/US boarder opening again. We hand to cancel our trip last year down to Utah and Arizona due to the “Vid”.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I am Ray. I am a new member. I just found out about overlanding and would like to get into it. I am in Brooklyn ny. I own a stock 2011 Jeep liberty.Can this be used for overlanding? Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Ray
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
As for you question about your rig, here is a good place to start;

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, it's my first day here and my name's Jeff. Looking forward to meeting members and having fun.

Rig: 2007 Tacoma
Experience: Experienced but still learning

I love being out there enjoying nature and its challenges.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeff
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: TacoWheeler

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, glad be here. New to overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting outdoors.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all Wonderland_Recon here, aka Chad & Keri from Magnolia, Texas. We are new to Overlanding and we recently picked up a new 2021 Jeep JLUR Eco Diesel as the foundation for our Overland build. We are hoping to connect with other Overlanding folks that we can learn from and enjoy exploring the greater USA with.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chad and Keri
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Long time wheeler here from BC Canada. New to the whole overlanding concept, but have spent my entire life in the woods and mountains exploring, camping, and just enjoying being outdoors.

My current rig is a 1998 Durango (5.9L) with too many mods to list, but it's locked, lifted, and gets me pretty much anywhere I point it.

My plan is to retire in 7 years and spend the last of my healthy time doing the full-time overlanding thing. I look forward to learning from you all, and maybe contributing a nugget here and there myself.

View attachment 194564
The closest Regional Director to you is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Hello Overland bound community.... My name is Harold and my wife is Katrina.
We are in Texas near Houston. Our rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU and the trailer is a modified 2014 Okie Trailer
We are fairly new to overlanding. Love to camp and love off road travels, so figure its a good mix to get started.

W
Hey Harold & Katrina! Nice setup. Glad to see more local folks joining. Will be great to meet up some time and talk shop.

Reactions: Kent R

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Chad and Keri
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Thanks for the insight Kent! You guys have an awesome setup here and I love the Tread Lightly course you guys have. Our 11 year old will love this too. At this point we are not sure who is more excited about the Overlanding adventures to come.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Long time wheeler here from BC Canada. New to the whole overlanding concept, but have spent my entire life in the woods and mountains exploring, camping, and just enjoying being outdoors.

My current rig is a 1998 Durango (5.9L) with too many mods to list, but it's locked, lifted, and gets me pretty much anywhere I point it.

My plan is to retire in 7 years and spend the last of my healthy time doing the full-time overlanding thing. I look forward to learning from you all, and maybe contributing a nugget here and there myself.

View attachment 194564

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

tcar

Rank I

Member I

Utah, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kf7ebx
New to overland by concept but not new to adventure seeking. In my teen years I drove a mini-van many places an overlanding rig has never gone. Now i have grown up and been responsible im looking to get back into adventure and explore many parts of the land. just here in Utah are thousands of miles to explore. I hope to make new friends, that are family friendly explorers to explore with.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Experience: Back Country Driving, River Running, Backpacking, Scouting.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Howdy y'all,
I'm AJ and I've got a 18' tacoma trdor with a few goodies and is my daily driver. I will be rocking a 23zero roof top tent and building the shell out as we go on what we need.
Build out:
18' Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Nitro Gears 5.29
33x12.5 General X3
Icon RXT full leaf pack
Bilstein 5100s all around
OME HD springs up front
SSO slim bumper (putting together "stage 2" on the front bumper)
Barx built fabrication sliders (central ohio small fab shop that custom made the sliders, pending coating and install)
At the Helm high clearance rear bumper w/tire carrier
Leer bed shell
OEM+ Audio upgrade (highly recommend!)
And lastly OVtuned (or VFtune as they go by now)

Getting setup to explore more as tent camping has gotten more hassle. Hoping to stay dry now as with tent camping on the ground I couldn't keep dry for the life of me... and the light suppression tech on the 23zero setups is highly appealing!
Nice whip!...I have a 2016 TRD Offroad in Quicksand too....mines a manual....

Flix

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Felix
Last Name
Yuen
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.
Hello Felix, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New to overland by concept but not new to adventure seeking. In my teen years I drove a mini-van many places an overlanding rig has never gone. Now i have grown up and been responsible im looking to get back into adventure and explore many parts of the land. just here in Utah are thousands of miles to explore. I hope to make new friends, that are family friendly explorers to explore with.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Experience: Back Country Driving, River Running, Backpacking, Scouting.
Hello Thomas, welcome to the OB community.

Back country overlanding

Rank VI

Advocate III

Harrodsburg, Mercer County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Albert
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Thanks for the welcome!

Based in Kentucky
Our rig is a '14 Jeep JKU Rubicon on 37's
Experienced. I have several years of overlanding and previous rock crawling experience, medical treatment and survival training (military)

Looking forward to meeting many of you and having adventures.

Attachments

TaskerJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Neosho, Missouri, United States
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Tasker
Member #

Hey all, Just joined the group. Name is Jordan, currently have no rig, but plan to right that soon. I grew up driving the fire trail in NSW, Australia around the Blue Mountains in a small group made up of Nissan Patrols, and Suzuki Sierras which made for an interesting bunch of weekend. Now I live in Missouri and plan on exploring the Ozarks.

Haven't been out on the trails in over a decade, and am looking at building up a 4Runner over the new few years. All my buddies drive jeeps, so I figured id change it up a little; and they will need someone to pull them out ;)

Anyways, hopefully will be showing up at some meet ups next year, and get my feet wet again.

Cheers.