Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this and want to say "Hey!!" I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Howdy neighbor! It's great to have you. Pueblo West here.

I've been wanting a van and was just watching videos again last night on the Astro AWD to 4WD conversion.

Hope to meet you soon!

Reactions: Kent R

BCoffroad

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Kootenays
First Name
Lorne
Last Name
Smith
Long time wheeler here from BC Canada. New to the whole overlanding concept, but have spent my entire life in the woods and mountains exploring, camping, and just enjoying being outdoors.

My current rig is a 1998 Durango (5.9L) with too many mods to list, but it's locked, lifted, and gets me pretty much anywhere I point it.

My plan is to retire in 7 years and spend the last of my healthy time doing the full-time overlanding thing. I look forward to learning from you all, and maybe contributing a nugget here and there myself.

columbia-coffee-3.jpg

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

Current location: Joshua Tree, California
Former: San Luis Obispo, California & Madera, California
Current vehicle: 2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Former: 1985 Toyota Hilux & 1988 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: I’m just okay
Why Overlanding? I’ve always been a person of curiosity and traveling and seeing other people and places have been a big part of me. Been a huge people person and learning how people live and grow and where they come from have always been a huge interest of mine. Growing up in the Central Valley, two hours travel in any direction can give you quite the different change of scenery from each other. With the Sierra Nevada’s in my backyard, been an outdoors person has always been a huge part of where i love to be. I’ve been one that also loves “tinkering” with things, and getting into automobiles and understanding how they tick, was a great way of understanding and controlling your machine.

Overlanding is a great chance to connect all those favorite things with others in the community from many diverse areas with the same outdoor attraction!

Come by and say Hi!
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community, thanks for the pics.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, new member here. My name is Kyle and I'm brand new to overlanding. Watched too many overlanding YouTube videos this past year and now it is time to get out and try it out. Bringing my wife Barbara and my Daughter Evie along for the ride.

Currently own a 2006 Nissan Titan, but have a Bronco on order if Ford ever actually builds it.

In the meantime we have started "camping training" and gear shakedown trips. Our first was to Roosevelt State Park for a quick overnight trip to test how the 4 year old did. That went well so at the end of the month we are headed to Tishomingo State Park for a weekend trip. When we work out the kinks of our camping setup and gear, we plan on taking off the training wheels of the powered and water hookup camp sites to explore and hit trails and do the more traditional / primitive / dispersed camping.

I am looking forward to learning from the community here and hopefully find some members to join on some trips in the future so we can learn by example.
Hello Kyle, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone. Brand new member here. Complete novice overlander trying to get started. I am an experienced dirtbike rider but very little off-road truck experience. I have a new 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 OR and want to try a few day trips to get used to off-roading before we start overlanding. I live in San Clemente in Organge County California. Would love to hear tips and advice and if there are any meetups. I am originally from the UK so have a funny accent LOL.
Hello Graham, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Long time wheeler here from BC Canada. New to the whole overlanding concept, but have spent my entire life in the woods and mountains exploring, camping, and just enjoying being outdoors.

My current rig is a 1998 Durango (5.9L) with too many mods to list, but it's locked, lifted, and gets me pretty much anywhere I point it.

My plan is to retire in 7 years and spend the last of my healthy time doing the full-time overlanding thing. I look forward to learning from you all, and maybe contributing a nugget here and there myself.

View attachment 194564
Hello Lorne, welcome to the OB community.

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Hey all Wonderland_Recon here, aka Chad & Keri from Magnolia, Texas. We are new to Overlanding and we recently picked up a new 2021 Jeep JLUR Eco Diesel as the foundation for our Overland build. We are hoping to connect with other Overlanding folks that we can learn from and enjoy exploring the greater USA with.

From 2021 to 2023 we've come along way and have explored a lot... Much more to go! Even had the pleasure of joining the Jeep Motor Trend 2022 Overland Adventure with FourWheeler Magazine.. What an experience Overlanding has been for us thus far.

Attachments

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chad (@Wonderland_Recon ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all Wonderland_Recon here, aka Chad & Keri from Magnolia, Texas. We are new to Overlanding and we recently picked up a new 2021 Jeep JLUR Eco Diesel as the foundation for our Overland build. We are hoping to connect with other Overlanding folks that we can learn from and enjoy exploring the greater USA with.
Hello Chad, welcome to the OB community.

TacoWheeler

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Porter
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi everyone, it's my first day here and my name's Jeff. Looking forward to meeting members and having fun.

Rig: 2007 Tacoma
Experience: Experienced but still learning

I love being out there enjoying nature and its challenges.

Attachments

4Adventurefun

Rank I

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Darke
Member #

Hi all,
Tim & Suz here from Saskatoon Canada! Glad to be a part of this community. We’ve been “overlanding” for two year but have been avid outdoors people forever... We love the life, the freedom and the new friendships that are forged from meeting like minded people.
We’re currently working on our rig, I don’t think this will ever stop!!! But so much fun.
Our platform is a Gen 5 4Runner currently in mod mode. Just waiting for the suspension and rear bumper to show up. I’m sooooo impatient...
So far we’ve put on a full roof rack, front winch bumper and winch, also rock sliders. Over the last few weeks we’ve built and installed a drawer system and fridge slide.
Looking forward to the Can/US boarder opening again. We hand to cancel our trip last year down to Utah and Arizona due to the “Vid”.

TSKWOLFE

Rank I

Traveler I

Lee Vining, Mono County, California, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Sigmen
Member #

Hi I am Ray. I am a new member. I just found out about overlanding and would like to get into it. I am in Brooklyn ny. I own a stock 2011 Jeep liberty.Can this be used for overlanding? Thanks
Welcome to the community Ray! Your liberty can absolutely be used for overlanding, it doesn't matter what you drive! It's all about getting outdoors and adventuring. You don't have to have some crazy expensive rock crawler or expedition rig to get out and enjoy the wonders of nature! Check out some of the info in the new member section of the forums. Lots of great info in there! Have fun adventuring!

4Adventurefun

Rank I

Contributor I

Canada
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Darke
Member #

Hi all,
Tim & Suz here from Saskatoon Canada! Glad to be a part of this community. We’ve been “overlanding” for two year but have been avid outdoors people forever... We love the life, the freedom and the new friendships that are forged from meeting like minded people.
We’re currently working on our rig, I don’t think this will ever stop!!! But so much fun.
Our platform is a Gen 5 4Runner currently in mod mode. Just waiting for the suspension and rear bumper to show up. I’m sooooo impatient...
So far we’ve put on a full roof rack, front winch bumper and winch, also rock sliders. Over the last few weeks we’ve built and installed a drawer system and fridge slide.
Looking forward to the Can/US boarder opening again. We hand to cancel our trip last year down to Utah and Arizona due to the “Vid”.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R