Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I'm up in WA state. I have a stock 2018 Rubicon Recon JKU. I'm fairly new to overlanding but did sections 3 thru 6 of the WABDR last summer in a stock Sahara...which lead to a trade in for the Rubi and an insatiable desire for more!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sounds like you are finding out that JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! My name is Don from Southern NH. New to overlanding. Currently building my rig. 2019 Chevrolet Trailboss.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, located in San Diego, 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62
Great looking FJ
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! My name is William and I own a 2014 Toyota 4Runner, that as of the moment is lifted 2.5 inches and with Nitto Terragrapplers 285/75R17s. I am out of Elkton, Virginia and am very much a beginner.
Welcome to Overland Bound William
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Rick with my wife Sherry-Kay.

We have a new two door JL Jeep Willy’s. And a 2019 Tundra just getting started with the overland experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick & Sherry-Key
You live at one of the great access points for great adventure in DV.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @TOMB
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
What’s going on big dawgs?!? Glad to be a part of the gang! Based out of Santa Barbara but try to get our one a month to visit cool places. Mostly frequenting SoCal deserts and the 395 corridor as of late but would like to check out northern CA in the coming months as the weather warms up. Let’s do some cool shit!
Hello Nick, welcome to the OB communinty.

Reactions: Kent R

Contributor I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Desmarais
Member #

Chill

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Lincoln County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Hill
Hi, I’m Caleb, new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors.
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road, 2 inch lift
Experience: I’ve been hitting the trails every other weekend since November 2020. My RRT is a game changer.

Attachments

Sleipnir

Rank II

Contributor III

Akron, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Crock
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
I’m from Ohio, my rig Sleipnir is a 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 door. I have ridden Ophir Pass and the Table Mesa Trail most recently but planning to run plenty more very soon. I would love to meet up with other members and explore, my son would also love to join us, he’s only 2 but already obsessed.

Attachments

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
I’m from Ohio, my rig Sleipnir is a 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 door. I have ridden Ophir Pass and the Table Mesa Trail most recently but planning to run plenty more very soon. I would love to meet up with other members and explore, my son would also love to join us, he’s only 2 but already obsessed.
Always glad to see Ohio people on here. I grew there. Welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R and Sleipnir

WJCampin

Rank I

Contributor III

Walla Walla, WA, USA
First Name
Zac
Last Name
Marangi
Hey everyone! I guess I'm the new guy.
My name is Zac. I'm originally from the central coast of CA (Nipomo to be exact) but moved to Walla Walla, WA about 4 years ago and purchased a house up here.
I grew up camping and wheeling with my dad and his '69 Bronco, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors/wheeling.
I've had many 4wd rigs, but currently I have a 2000 WJ. It's currently on a 4" lift and 35's.
I'm glad to be here and to learn!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My name is Zac. I'm originally from the central coast of CA (Nipomo to be exact) but moved to Walla Walla, WA about 4 years ago and purchased a house up here.
I grew up camping and wheeling with my dad and his '69 Bronco, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors/wheeling.
I've had many 4wd rigs, but currently I have a 2000 WJ. It's currently on a 4" lift and 35's.
Hello Zac, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: WJCampin and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, I’m Caleb, new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors.
Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road, 2 inch lift
Experience: I’ve been hitting the trails every other weekend since November 2020. My RRT is a game changer.
Hello Caleb, welcome to the OB community. I like your choice in vehicles.

sonofabenz

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Binch
Member #

Hello. I'm Steve, and I've recently moved to the Prescott, AZ area, and I look forward to doing some adventuring. A few weeks ago I bought a 2000 Mercedes-Benz ML430. My wife says it looks like a mini-van, so I'll be fixing that soon. Years ago, I had an XJ that I had fun building and exploring the Wasatch Mountains in Utah, but it's been a while.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Simon, welcome to the OB community, you should delete your actual address, not a good idea to have that out there.

Reactions: Kent R and Sleipnir

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone! Long history of camping with Scouts as a kid and adult. I have a stock 2018 4Runner and very little off-road experience. I’m hoping to get advice from those who know and start replacing parts in the near future.....
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB community. lots of options for that ride you have.

Sleipnir

Rank II

Contributor III

Akron, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Crock
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Hello Simon, welcome to the OB community, you should delete your actual address, not a good idea to have that out there.
Good call thanks.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Zac, welcome to the OB community.