Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Matthew Berry here from Victor Idaho with my 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m new to overland. Stoked to be here.
Welcome from central California, this is a fantastic organization with even better people, you will have a blast. We are stoked to have you, Nice rig by the way!!!

tetonshaggy

Rank IV

Traveler III

Mapleton, UT, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Matthew Berry here from Victor Idaho with my 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I’m new to overland. Stoked to be here.
Welcome from central California, this is a fantastic organization with even better people, you will have a blast. We are stoked to have you, Nice rig by the way!!!
Thank you!!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone John b here. I am from Sicamous B.C. I am a novice to overlanding but have a love for the backcountry and believe overlanding is the best way to enjoy it. My rig is a 1991 landcruiser 80
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Matthew
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, just joined from Glendale, Arizona. Brand new to overlanding, looking forward to all the information available here.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Spokane, WA. I'm glad I searched for overloading last night and found you good folks. I've been Jeep camping largely on my own for the last couple years, occasionally taking along my wife (she's slowly embracing the outdoors, yippee!) or a friend. While I really do like the solitude out there on my own, it would be nice to go overloading with some like-minded people now and again. This site looks amazing, and I'm looking forward to learning more and maybe getting out on some trips with some of you.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information. Mike will get you the information about your local area, there is a very active meet-up that meets in person during the warmer season and virtually when it's too cold to get outside. Great group of people.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello Mathew, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @David H is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

BWOverland

Rank II

Builder I

Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware, United States
First Name
Britton
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey y'all, glad to be here! I'm excited to learn new skills and become part of the community!

Some stuff about me:

Rig: 2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4x4

Experience: Just about none, besides a bit of off road driving for work (Geotechnical Engineer).

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@AZKevin ), welcome from Oklahoma. I notice you are a ham as well. Check out the Communications section.
We also have a weekly Friday night Echolink net, hopefully you can join. If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater the Echolink App works just as well and many of us use it.

We have had meet ups in the Phoenix area prior to the pandemic, hopefully they can pick back up in the near future so keep an eye out in the Meet Ups section that Kent linked to earlier.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

AZKevin

Rank II

Contributor III

Glendale, AZ, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7JOX
Hello Kevin (@AZKevin ), welcome from Oklahoma. I notice you are a ham as well. Check out the Communications section.
We also have a weekly Friday night Echolink net, hopefully you can join. If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater the Echolink App works just as well and many of us use it.

We have had meet ups in the Phoenix area prior to the pandemic, hopefully they can pick back up in the near future so keep an eye out in the Meet Ups section that Kent linked to earlier.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Hi Jon, thank you for the welcome and the links to the Southwest Region! I will checkout the communications section. Thanks again! Kevin

GoodSid

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lincoln County, NM, USA
First Name
Sid
Last Name
Goodloe
Member #

Howdy all! Sid Goodloe here. I am located in Lincoln County, New Mexico. I use an '06 Toyota 4Runner for my running about the woods and camping. Born and raised on a ranch here and spent my first trips into the bush growing up as a boy in Kenya, East Africa. We were a safari family for sure. Covered a bunch of NM/Colorado camping and hunting. I've been out of the vehicle trekking game for a while and excited to get back in it. My experience is pretty "western". as we say in the ranching world. In other words... nothing fancy just had to get out in the woods and live in it. Maybe Experienced Novice is a good way to put it! Glad to be a part fo such an interesting, experienced and diverse bunch. Looking forward to some adventures with some of you!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sid (@GoodSid ), welcome from Oklahoma. You are in a great location for overlanding and home of great American wild west history.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

Uplandnomad

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Butz
Hello everyone. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here. I’m a hunting and fishing guide in northern Michigan and have always loved getting out into nature. Over the last year or so I’ve been learning more and more about overlanding and plan to get out with my family more and more this year!

Chris Butz
Traverse City, MI
1983 FJ45 Troopy
I'll be at Sleeping Bear in June...maybe we could hook up and do some overlanding...I'm staying at the Jolly Lodge with he family and we are looking for some kayaking rivers in the area....After that I'll be taking off to tour around the UP and Wisconsin...We are Toyota people too....
Jason "Bearcat" Price
502-724-6435
That would be awesome Jason! Give me a call and hopefully we can get out! 231-944-9946

Noname57

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Reeves
Hi, everyone! First day on the app, been following Overland Bound for a while and love the content. A little about me:

Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Interest: Camping, exploring new trails, all around just love being outdoors enjoying nature and my rig.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, everyone! First day on the app, been following Overland Bound for a while and love the content. A little about me:

Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Interest: Camping, exploring new trails, all around just love being outdoors enjoying nature and my rig.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Las Vegas OB members...A new hangout

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello ! I have been thinking of joining for a while and I am glad I finally did !
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982