Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, thanks for the add.
im located in the Tampa Bay Area and a new entrant to over landing but have camped all my life, backpacked sections of the AT and even bikepcked.(mountain bike). I have a 07FJ cruiser.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everybody! Stoked to be part of the OB team! Living in the Easter Sierras near Yosemite National Park and loving it. Sadly I'm in-between rigs right now, but hopefully that'll be changing soon! Big fan of the outdoors, backpacking, fishing, hunting, riding my motorcycle, and everything else these beautiful places have to offer! Can't wait to meet you guys out on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound
You live in a great location, any direction you go you have some of the best off road adventures in the US.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! Excited to join and get some good tips, instruction, camaraderie, and ideas on how to find adventure through Overlanding. I'm a novice when it comes to off-roading, but learning to pick it up. Just waiting in line to get my first mods done, then I can start tackling some more difficult (relative to my experience at least) terrain. Just taking things slowly for now so I can enjoy it for a long time to come. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, having through camped/hiked all over the country. Backpacking is fun, but I really like the idea of Overlanding.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: MrChaucer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! My name's Jarrett and I live in Northern Utah, an hour south-southwest of Salt Lake City. I just bought my first 4x4 as a family adventure vehicle and we (wife, 4 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and dog) are beyond excited to start this adventure. The rig is a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1. The engine, cooling system, and clutch have all been rebuilt but it needs some cosmetic and interior work. While we're avid campers, we are completely new to overlanding. I'm so excited to learn from and be a part of this community!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all,
I'm Mark, my co-pilot is Jill, and we are in SW Idaho. We have a 2006 Lexus GX470 that I just purchased for the express purpose of Overlanding but will also drive very frequently in town as well. I am planning a fairly mild build but we all know how that goes. It's been a long time since I Overlanded - we used to call it 'wheelin.' I'm very much looking forward to hitting some trails with like-minded folks and have really enjoyed the OB videos on YouTube.
Cheers!

I tried including a photo of our rig but it was rejected.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I'm Dan, my wife Jeanne and I are from Upstate New York, I have been off roading sense I could drive but I am new to Overlanding. We owned a F250 Super Duty and decided to start with fixing that up to see how we like camping in the out back. Nice to be here and look forward to learning.

View attachment 191624View attachment 191625
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!

I'm Bryan and I'm in Yukon, Ok. I have been an avid rock crawler forever. We've traveled all over N.A. with our crawler. A few years ago I started taking my family camping 1-2 times a month instead of the off-road park type trips. Then we realized how much more we enjoyed the trips out overlanding.
We have sold the trailer in the pic and are currently building the Ranger (Trigger) to be our primary adventure mobile. I'll start a build thread once I can per forum rules. The parts are piling up as I type this. Looking forward to sharing experiences here!
Welcome to Overland Bound Bryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y'all!

I'm Chip and I'm in Charleston SC. I do a lot of fly fishing, camping and exploring. I have a wife, Abbey and a 10 Year old son, Robinson. I have made several cross country trips in my life that have left me wanting for more. I am currently planning another trip for next summer 2022, with my son, before he reaches an age where I am no longer the coolest person he knows, and wife (if she is so inclined!). In the midst of my research I found Overland Bound on You tube and now here! I am so new to forums! I have owned a few different rigs over the years and put them through their paces along the way. I can say that I have good bit off road experience; however, nothing like some of the western trails. I have never been "rock crawling"! Not set up for it either. We have lots of mud! I'm also not a huge fan of mudding WAY TOO MUCH TIME CLEANING UP AFTER!! I don't mind getting dirty just.... well I have better things to do that wash a truck after every weekend! Nor am I interested in destroying it! My current truck is my favorite so far and it is a 2006 Land Cruiser, light mods, it is my daily as well. LOVE it! Probably be buried in it! I'll post some pics later.
So I hope to maybe meet up with other members along the way or get some advise about must sees! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!! Thanks for listening!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

TSKWOLFE

Rank I

Traveler I

Lee Vining, Mono County, California, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Sigmen
Member #

What's up everybody! Stoked to be part of the OB team! Living in the Easter Sierras near Yosemite National Park and loving it. Sadly I'm in-between rigs right now, but hopefully that'll be changing soon! Big fan of the outdoors, backpacking, fishing, hunting, riding my motorcycle, and everything else these beautiful places have to offer! Can't wait to meet you guys out on the trails!
Welcome Taylor from Reno! What a great sounding place to live.....

Please remove your full address from your profile, nobody needs to know your exact location, jut put City and State.

Jim
Thanks for the welcome Jim! That's just the address that automatically came up when I dropped the pin on the map around my general location, but I've since edited it to just the city. Much appreciated! Hopefully one day we can meet up on the trails sometime! Reno isn't too far away and we usually have to go to Carson City for groceries every so often.

Reactions: Kent R

TSKWOLFE

Rank I

Traveler I

Lee Vining, Mono County, California, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Sigmen
Member #

You live in a great location, any direction you go you have some of the best off road adventures in the US.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks Kent! I'm definitely blessed to have been able to be raised in such a beautiful area! Also, excited to be a part of Overland Bound after watching so many videos! I've even met another member already totally by chance! Looking forward to hitting the trails, meeting some cool people, and seeing where the adventure takes me!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bryan (@slightNine ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Hated to see Stomper go but glad you made your way over to OB.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings all,
I'm Mark, my co-pilot is Jill, and we are in SW Idaho. We have a 2006 Lexus GX470 that I just purchased for the express purpose of Overlanding but will also drive very frequently in town as well. I am planning a fairly mild build but we all know how that goes. It's been a long time since I Overlanded - we used to call it 'wheelin.' I'm very much looking forward to hitting some trails with like-minded folks and have really enjoyed the OB videos on YouTube.
Cheers!

I tried including a photo of our rig but it was rejected.
Hello Mark, welcome from Phoenix

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all! My name's Jarrett and I live in Northern Utah, an hour south-southwest of Salt Lake City. I just bought my first 4x4 as a family adventure vehicle and we (wife, 4 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and dog) are beyond excited to start this adventure. The rig is a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1. The engine, cooling system, and clutch have all been rebuilt but it needs some cosmetic and interior work. While we're avid campers, we are completely new to overlanding. I'm so excited to learn from and be a part of this community!
Hello Jarrett, welcome from Phoenix.

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

Hello Bryan (@slightNine ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Hated to see Stomper go but glad you made your way over to OB.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
We tried making Stomper work for our overland adventures. Sadly he was sitting at home more and more while we were out. He ended up with a good friend and will still be there on many trips out.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! Excited to join and get some good tips, instruction, camaraderie, and ideas on how to find adventure through Overlanding. I'm a novice when it comes to off-roading, but learning to pick it up. Just waiting in line to get my first mods done, then I can start tackling some more difficult (relative to my experience at least) terrain. Just taking things slowly for now so I can enjoy it for a long time to come. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, having through camped/hiked all over the country. Backpacking is fun, but I really like the idea of Overlanding.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. When you get your next rig, be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build, or start early and check them out now, it might help you decide on a new vehicle.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

New member here, thanks for the add.
im located in the Tampa Bay Area and a new entrant to over landing but have camped all my life, backpacked sections of the AT and even bikepcked.(mountain bike). I have a 07FJ cruiser.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

DavidH77

Rank 0

Contributor I

Meridian, Lauderdale County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Hey everyone! I’m David from Mississippi and this is my 2003 TJ with a ‘67 M416 trailer. I’m really new at this and my set up now is more of a camping rig. But, I’m wanting to slowly get into more actual overlanding. I look forward to learning from y’all.

Attachments