First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Hello,

Just introducing myself. My name is David. I am in west Los Angeles. I am new here. Although I camped as a kid with my family, I am now re-getting into it as an adult with about 5 major trips (Carrizo Plains, KOFA National Wildlife Preserve, Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave National Preserve, Saguro National Park) and a few smaller excursions to Ohai and similar areas.)

All of these towing a 27-foot Airstream Globetrotter. It's very nice but limited on where I can drag it. Now I want the best of both worlds, with an option to not be as limited into where I can go.

Now I have a build slot for the Nutzo Tech 2 series for my 2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon which will be modified for a little more spirited adventures down some places the Airstream won't like to go whilst I am trying to decide between an Opus-2, Opus-15, Vorsheer XOC or something else entirely.

I am very much a novice but highly committed to the Overlanding lifestyle. I just love it. I wanted to join a community and soak up information and perhaps grab someone's well-loved trailer as they move up or on until I get some more laps under my belt.

Here are a few photos of my "donor" vehicle. Not very exciting just yet, but it will come together fast.

-David

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

Just introducing myself. My name is David. I am in west Los Angeles. I am new here. Although I camped as a kid with my family, I am now re-getting into it as an adult with about 5 major trips (Carrizo Plains, KOFA National Wildlife Preserve, Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave National Preserve, Saguro National Park) and a few smaller excursions to Ohai and similar areas.)

All of these towing a 27-foot Airstream Globetrotter. It's very nice but limited on where I can drag it. Now I want the best of both worlds, with an option to not be as limited into where I can go.

Now I have a build slot for the Nutzo Tech 2 series for my 2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon which will be modified for a little more spirited adventures down some places the Airstream won't like to go whilst I am trying to decide between an Opus-2, Opus-15, Vorsheer XOC or something else entirely.

I am very much a novice but highly committed to the Overlanding lifestyle. I just love it. I wanted to join a community and soak up information and perhaps grab someone's well-loved trailer as they move up or on until I get some more laps under my belt.

Here are a few photos of my "donor" vehicle. Not very exciting just yet, but it will come together fast.

-David
Hello David, welcome from Phoenix.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello,

-David
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Uplandnomad

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Butz
Hello everyone. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here. I’m a hunting and fishing guide in northern Michigan and have always loved getting out into nature. Over the last year or so I’ve been learning more and more about overlanding and plan to get out with my family more and more this year!

Chris Butz
Traverse City, MI
1983 FJ45 Troopy
Hello Chris, welcome from Phoenix.
Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R

Uplandnomad

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Butz
Hello everyone. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here. I’m a hunting and fishing guide in northern Michigan and have always loved getting out into nature. Over the last year or so I’ve been learning more and more about overlanding and plan to get out with my family more and more this year!

Chris Butz
Traverse City, MI
1983 FJ45 Troopy
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks Kent!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

-David
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is some places to get info to help with your setup;

Reactions: OverDavidLand

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

+ more awesome links edited for brevity
Awesome stater links. Thanks Kent and everyone else for the warm welcome. It looks like my regional director @Narbob is basically my neighbor (next town over)!

Contributor I

Weingarten, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
First Name
Lukas
Last Name
Schweizer
Hi everyone,

I'm Lukas and started "soft" overlanding 2 years ago with my Lada Niva. I life in Germany near Constance Lake. In matter of fact that I crashed my Niva I am currently driving a Santana Anibal (licence build of the Defender) with a simple bed conversion. I want to go to the western and eastern Alpes as soon as possible an my biggest dream is to drive the Pamir highway and through mongolia.

See you around fellas and watch your angles.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

I'm Lukas and started "soft" overlanding 2 years ago with my Lada Niva. I life in Germany near Constance Lake. In matter of fact that I crashed my Niva I am currently driving a Santana Anibal (licence build of the Defender) with a simple bed conversion. I want to go to the western and eastern Alpes as soon as possible an my biggest dream is to drive the Pamir highway and through mongolia.

Welcome to Overland Bound Lucas
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NotGumby @El-Dracho
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Our West Europe Director @Polaris Overland has done your dream trip or at least part of it. You should message him for info.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi everyone,

Hi Lukas! Welcome to the Crew! Sorry to hear about your Lada! Both of those trips sound good. Mongolia is on my list as well. Maybe we’ll see you on an Alps trip. I was just there last year between the lockdowns. Watch our region’s forum for information on virtual gatherings and future trips. We have a pretty active group. I look forward to meeting you on the trail.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all!
My name is Tom, I live in Las Cruces, NM. Finally ordered my rig today - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I'm also into motorcycle travel. Can't wait to start spending more time on the trail!

Cheers!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi everyone,

Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.
Nearest Member Rep is Björn/ @El-Dracho

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi everyone,

Hi Lukas,

welcome to Overland Bound!

I have been in Central Asia, Mongolia, and Russia to the Far East by car and also by motorcycle. It is a dream destination for overlanders! I am sure you will like it. If you have any questions regarding this area feel free to ask or contact me. I am always happy to help, share experiences and give some advises.

Hope to see you on some trails soon. While we could not meet in person due to C19 situation at the moment, we have established a virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes place Friday, every 2nd week at 8PM CET. The next will be on 26th March. Please refer to the Rally Point for details:

Cheers, Björn

Northman555

Rank 0

Traveler I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Rutland
Hey Anthony
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and have 2021 all planned out!

March 13th we are doing a day run up to do some snow driving and our next meet up will be March 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Ok great. I was hoping to find some local folks that get out in the backcountry around here. You guys have any plans for Death Valley before or after summer?

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
1) Don't have any pictures yet. Currently piecing my truck together to sleep off the ground for a change.
2) North Georgia - Foothills of the Appalachian Mountain Range
3) 2021 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
4) Novice here. But have done a lot of hiking/camping over the years. Now just adding a vehicle to the mix!
Hello Tyler, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,

Hello Lukas, welcome from Phoenix.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Ok great. I was hoping to find some local folks that get out in the backcountry around here. You guys have any plans for Death Valley before or after summer?
Hey yes either oct or nov, we haven’t nailed it down. Post #2 lays out our year

LowCountryBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hey Y'all!

I'm Chip and I'm in Charleston SC. I do a lot of fly fishing, camping and exploring. I have a wife, Abbey and a 10 Year old son, Robinson. I have made several cross country trips in my life that have left me wanting for more. I am currently planning another trip for next summer 2022, with my son, before he reaches an age where I am no longer the coolest person he knows, and wife (if she is so inclined!). In the midst of my research I found Overland Bound on You tube and now here! I am so new to forums! I have owned a few different rigs over the years and put them through their paces along the way. I can say that I have good bit off road experience; however, nothing like some of the western trails. I have never been "rock crawling"! Not set up for it either. We have lots of mud! I'm also not a huge fan of mudding WAY TOO MUCH TIME CLEANING UP AFTER!! I don't mind getting dirty just.... well I have better things to do that wash a truck after every weekend! Nor am I interested in destroying it! My current truck is my favorite so far and it is a 2006 Land Cruiser, light mods, it is my daily as well. LOVE it! Probably be buried in it! I'll post some pics later.
So I hope to maybe meet up with other members along the way or get some advise about must sees! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!! Thanks for listening!