Pleasant Hill, CA and Wellington, NV
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Aguilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JCV
Welcome to the OB crew, tell us about your rig, looks like you have quite a bit of work into it
2500 Cummins diesel
48 gallon auxiliary tank
Smittybilt 12.5 winch
Smittybilt roof rack
Smittybilt RTT with annex
35” open range tires
6” skyjacker lift
Yaesu 2980 Ham radio
Cobra SW75 CB
Two spares
Onboard air compressor and horn lol
And more I’m sure

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
View attachment 190884
CJ Aggy
2007 Dodge Ram 2500
Pleasant Hill, Ca.
Hey CJ

Nice truck!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and have 2021 all planned out!

We’ve got a day run tomorrow to the snow.
Our next meet up will be March 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

JeepRushRick

Rank I

Contributor I

Aurora, IL, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Long story, but I am on here 2x's... I'll be using this account, so I cut and pasted from my introduction a few days ago.
Hey everyone! Been watching on YouTube, didn’t realize how in depth this site was, but impressed and glad I’m here now! I am a noob to “overlanding” but not to basic vehicle camping. I am here to try to learn as much as I can especially about navigation off road. I have a month off (first time ever) and will be in Colorado, and Utah at end of May/most of June to try this in more remote areas. I have a completely stock 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I have quality camping gear too. What I lack other than remote off road driving/navigation is proper storage and organization for my gear. I wish I had a rack, but I don’t! Whatever. I have a mattress and can sleep in Jeep and also have a 1 man ultra lite tent that I’ve used bikepacking (and at some music festival ⚡). Looking forward to learning from you and hopefully meeting up with like minded souls! WALSTIB ✌

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Long story, but I am on here 2x's... I'll be using this account, so I cut and pasted from my introduction a few days ago.
Hey everyone! Been watching on YouTube, didn’t realize how in depth this site was, but impressed and glad I’m here now! I am a noob to “overlanding” but not to basic vehicle camping. I am here to try to learn as much as I can especially about navigation off road. I have a month off (first time ever) and will be in Colorado, and Utah at end of May/most of June to try this in more remote areas. I have a completely stock 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I have quality camping gear too. What I lack other than remote off road driving/navigation is proper storage and organization for my gear. I wish I had a rack, but I don’t! Whatever. I have a mattress and can sleep in Jeep and also have a 1 man ultra lite tent that I’ve used bikepacking (and at some music festival ⚡). Looking forward to learning from you and hopefully meeting up with like minded souls! WALSTIB ✌
Hello Rick, welcome from Phoenix, maybe again. :)

Gaia for navagation

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Lol I posted one image of Forrest then though who wants to look at Forest vs check mg my ride, the Jeep. To that point here is a pic. Love Phoenix and the entire western states.( Santa Barbara raised ) hitting the shadow of the Rockies this summer.
I am a dog person, he is great looking, goldens are a fantastic breed.

Reactions: pa10spro and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!!
My name is Mike and I am very excited to be part of an amazing community.

Rig: 2020 Jeep Renegade
Experience: Novice

My wife and I are all over Oregon with the Jeep be it camping, hiking, crabbing or just out on an adventure, so I thought what the hell lets set the Jeep up to better enjoy our time outdoors. I am new to overloading and so is my Jeep.
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community. As Mike Rose told you I am the Northwest Regional Members Representative for Southern Oregon, and I live in the Grants Pass area. Its great to have you as part of our region. I became Regional Rep about a year ago and we have had a few meet ups and trips but as you can imagine Covid slowed things way down. It is my desire to have a meet up soon and will notify you with a Rally Point invite as soon as it gets put together. If you have any questions you can contact me @Big G and I'll be glad to help any way I can. Hope to meet you soon.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!!
My name is Mike and I am very excited to be part of an amazing community.

Rig: 2020 Jeep Renegade

My wife and I are all over Oregon with the Jeep be it camping, hiking, crabbing or just out on an adventure, so I thought what the hell lets set the Jeep up to better enjoy our time outdoors. I am new to overloading and so is my Jeep.
Hello again Mike I just checked on where Happy Valley is and I see you are near Portland so please forgive me for responding as your Rep. I saw that Mike Rose mentioned me and I didn't check it out first. I believe your Member Rep is @jcgraves3. Sorry about the confusion.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome for the second time Rick.
Here is some recent info just in case you missed it from your last act.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Waaazooo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Middle River, MD, USA
First Name
Waz
Last Name
Zoo
Member #

Hello friends.

I’m currently in Maryland. Its home, I’m from the intermountain west region.
I’m using a 2017 Chevy Silverado. It’s leveled with blocks in the rear and level keys and UCA/s. I didn’t buy it to get into this adventuring; however, it’s the next step. I do mostly TT camping with the family but am planning a few trips for either late this summer or next spring in Wyoming, Utah and Nevada.713F482D-85EA-4FEC-B2C5-86C6E525A679.jpeg

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello friends.

I’m using a 2017 Chevy Silverado. It’s leveled with blocks in the rear and level keys and UCA/s. I didn’t buy it to get into this adventuring; however, it’s the next step. I do mostly TT camping with the family but am planning a few trips for either late this summer or next spring in Wyoming, Utah and Nevada.View attachment 191034
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Waaazooo and Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Heyyo! Name is Tommy and I'm in the LA Area! I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR.
I'm a complete novice to Overlanding, but I'm ready to take that first step! Excited to meet some of y'all someday!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. The first step is just go! You have a place to sleep already, a lot of guys sleep in their rigs at first or they get an inexpensive ground tent, the idea behind overlanding is not the gear, it is about the exploration and the adventure. You don’t have to spend your Last Dollar to go overlanding.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all, I'm new to the overlanding scene but enjoy the great outdoors much as possible

Rig: 19 Frontier
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Heyyo! Name is Tommy and I'm in the LA Area! I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR.
I'm a complete novice to Overlanding, but I'm ready to take that first step! Excited to meet some of y'all someday!
Welcome to Overland Bound Tommy
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello friends.

I’m using a 2017 Chevy Silverado. It’s leveled with blocks in the rear and level keys and UCA/s. I didn’t buy it to get into this adventuring; however, it’s the next step. I do mostly TT camping with the family but am planning a few trips for either late this summer or next spring in Wyoming, Utah and Nevada.View attachment 191034
Welcome to Overland Bound
The TT makes a great base camp and the full size is a capable platform off road.
This page might help you out;
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova