Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Location: Richland, WA (southeast, where the Yakima and Snake Rivers converge with the Columbia)
Rig: 2018 4Runner Off-Road premium, metallic gray
Been car camping since before I got my drivers license (30 years?). Love off-roading. Super love mountain biking. Dirty is flirty.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. I love your last line!

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone!

After getting constant shade thrown my way on other platforms I hope to have a better experience here with Overland Bound. From what I’ve read and heard this is the place to be for all things overland. Always been into traveling and exploring and looking forward to what this forum has to offer!

Rig: 2005 Honda Pilot EXL
Experience: Newish

View attachment 190781
Welcome to the OB crew, if you want any refreshers on any aspect of your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on every catagory of overlanding, be sure to ask questions if you have any , our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. I am glad you found us too, a group of us were chatting yesterday and that very topic was touched on, there are many forums out there with egotistical members and moderators who love to throw shade or worse. Here you will find none of that only members who are willing to help any and all who need it. So welcome!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

In Tucson, AZ
new to overlanding but not offroad. I surf, fish and camp. Looking forward to meeting and learning from everybody.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: GlennP and Kent R

pa10spro

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

PA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

A robust off road history of Motocrosss racing in my youth and later in life Off Road racing became a hobby and passion landing me frequently in the US and Mexico (Baja 100, 500 and V2R to name a few ). My off road experiences have given me a solid understanding of various terrains in the wilderness. Following my adventurous path when I got to my retirement I discovered overlanding. My Overnlanding journey began with a trip on the TAT in 2019. My custom built Jeep JK was tight on space but very worthy of any terrain we ran across as well as capable for weeks off grid. My JK build was assisted by ExtremTerrain, Thanks ET! I am now looking into an off road trailer for my less harsh trips ( not to mention my wife will join me as long as a hot shower is available ). Oh and I don't do a single trip without my best friend, Forrest the Golden Retriever. Hope to see you on the road less traveled.IMG_8900.jpeg

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

A robust off road history of Motocrosss racing in my youth and later in life Off Road racing became a hobby and passion landing me frequently in the US and Mexico (Baja 100, 500 and V2R to name a few ). My off road experiences have given me a solid understanding of various terrains in the wilderness. Following my adventurous path when I got to my retirement I discovered overlanding. My Overnlanding journey began with a trip on the TAT in 2019. My custom built Jeep JK was tight on space but very worthy of any terrain we ran across as well as capable for weeks off grid. My JK build was assisted by ExtremTerrain, Thanks ET! I am now looking into an off road trailer for my less harsh trips ( not to mention my wife will join me as long as a hot shower is available ). Oh and I don't do a single trip without my best friend, Forrest the Golden Retriever. Hope to see you on the road less traveled.View attachment 190831
Welcome to the OB crew, looks like you have a nice setup there, maybe post a few pictures in the vehicle build threads, might be an inspiration to someone building a similar rig

drexotic

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Jenkins
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks !

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi My name is alex
2000 toyota 4runner
I am a novice, yet I do have experience in camping and basic training when I was in pathfinders club as a kid and teenager. Now when I get a chance I take out my daughter for mini weekend trips locally.View attachment 190857
to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

moz75

Rank IV

Advocate III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Amaya
Member #

Hi My name is alex
2000 toyota 4runner
I am a novice, yet I do have experience in camping and basic training when I was in pathfinders club as a kid and teenager. Now when I get a chance I take out my daughter for mini weekend trips locally.View attachment 190857
to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.
Thanks I appreciate it

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
A robust off road history of Motocrosss racing in my youth and later in life Off Road racing became a hobby and passion landing me frequently in the US and Mexico (Baja 100, 500 and V2R to name a few ). My off road experiences have given me a solid understanding of various terrains in the wilderness. Following my adventurous path when I got to my retirement I discovered overlanding. My Overnlanding journey began with a trip on the TAT in 2019. My custom built Jeep JK was tight on space but very worthy of any terrain we ran across as well as capable for weeks off grid. My JK build was assisted by ExtremTerrain, Thanks ET! I am now looking into an off road trailer for my less harsh trips ( not to mention my wife will join me as long as a hot shower is available ). Oh and I don't do a single trip without my best friend, Forrest the Golden Retriever. Hope to see you on the road less traveled.View attachment 190831
Hello Mark, welcome from Phoenix, where is Forrest in this pic?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 190884
CJ Aggy
2007 Dodge Ram 2500
Pleasant Hill, Ca.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a page you might be interested in;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly

Reactions: moz75

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi My name is alex
2000 toyota 4runner
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
In Tucson, AZ
new to overlanding but not offroad. I surf, fish and camp. Looking forward to meeting and learning from everybody.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information. Brien happens to be in Tucson also
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

pa10spro

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

PA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Lol I posted one image of Forrest then though who wants to look at Forest vs check mg my ride, the Jeep. To that point here is a pic. Love Phoenix and the entire western states.( Santa Barbara raised ) hitting the shadow of the Rockies this summer.

Attachments