Rank II

Contributor I

Bessemer, Jefferson County, Alabama, United States
First Name
THOMAS
Last Name
WHITE
Member #

Hello all. New to this group. Im Tommy, from the southeast. Looking foward to learning from others and hopefully help some as well along the way. Current rig is a 07 H3 in the beginning build phases.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. Keep us posted on the status of your H3 build, they are not a very common choice for an overlanding rig, although if I had one I would build it out to travel.
I appreciate that. True the H3 is uncommon which is why I've chosen it for my next build. I've always used jeeps for my trail rigs, now its time to break away from the everyday norm and see how the hummers do. Lol. Thanks again.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello. Matt from Allentown, PA. Just starting to learn about overlanding. I've had a F150 for a couple of years now, and am hoping to get it out on the trails soon!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello
My name is Roy.

1. Fort Worth, TX
2. '19 Toyota Tundra
3. I’m new to overlanding and excited to make my first trip.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Justin here from Pittsburgh, PA

Recently sold my very well built Nissan Xterra that was more of a rock crawler / off-road toy.

I now have a 2018 Toyota Tundra I plan to overland and explore with. Always looking to meet new friends to get on the trails and share some campfire stories with. See yinz out there!

Before and After’s:

View attachment 190507View attachment 190508
Hello Justin, welcome from Phoenix

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Roy(@Perdurabo ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had meet ups in the DFW area so keep an eye out for that.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @Iwata77 is the other up in Tulsa so if you have any questions let us know.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello
My name is Roy.

1. Fort Worth, TX
2. '19 Toyota Tundra
3. I’m new to overlanding and excited to make my first t
Hello
My name is Roy.

1. Fort Worth, TX
2. '19 Toyota Tundra
Hello Roy, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello overlanders! I'm McKade Huntsman, currently in San Antonio, TX for my last assignment in the Navy before I get out and move back to Utah this summer. I'm excited to get back to all my favorite spots from my teenage years in Utah, and would love to make some friends and get some advice for trips up there. I look forward to talking with you all.
Current ride: 2017 Tacoma sport (with a lift and some wheels/tires and a roof rack and whatnot)
Hello McKade welcome from Phoenix.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Cheers from Beautiful San Diego, California. I'm new to this forum but not to most of the aspects of overlanding: off road travel, camping, truck building / customization, etc. I'm excited to meet the folks here , hear your experiences and learn a few tricks and tips.
Welcome to the OB crew, tell us about your rig and we love pictures

Reactions: drexotic and Kent R

Anazlu

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Texas 77845, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Hello. I am Paul H.
Right now I'm just running a completely stock Rav4. I'm working on getting it set up for its first trip. So photos will come as I get things done to it.
Rig: 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD (stock for now)
Overlanding Experience: None, I'm a novice in overlanding. I do have several years of camping experience and some backpacking experience. This is my entrance into overlanding.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Cheers from Beautiful San Diego, California. I'm new to this forum but not to most of the aspects of overlanding: off road travel, camping, truck building / customization, etc. I'm excited to meet the folks here , hear your experiences and learn a few tricks and tips.
Hello Jeff, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: drexotic and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello. I am Paul H.
Right now I'm just running a completely stock Rav4. I'm working on getting it set up for its first trip. So photos will come as I get things done to it.
Overlanding Experience: None, I'm a novice in overlanding. I do have several years of camping experience and some backpacking experience. This is my entrance into overlanding.
Hello Paul, welcome from Phoenix.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I am Paul H.
Welcome to Overland Bound Paul
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: drexotic

TomPetzPhoto

Rank 0

Traveler I

Washington D.C., DC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Petzwinkler
Hello all! My names Tom and I’m new to the overlanding world. Well mostly. I was a BMW GS rider and did it on motorcycles for a while. Im a photographer and filmmaker living in Washington DC and my rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5. Good to meet all of you!

Tom

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello
My name is Roy.

1. Fort Worth, TX
2. '19 Toyota Tundra
Welcome to Overland Bound Roy
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982