freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone! Steve here, I originate from Western Pennsylvania, drive a Chevy Colorado and am new to off-roading and overlanding. I will be moving the country around quite a bit due to work (I work for the government) and am looking forward to reading about your stories and advice.
Hello Stephen, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey All!

My names Ryan, and I bounce around WA State mostly and dabble into Oregon. I also am the Regional Sales Manager for REDARC Electronics for the West! I’m here to get to know the community especially in the NW, and help out with any questions I can answer about our products. Looking forward to getting out to local events or meeting up with y’all when it’s safe.
Hello Ryan, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! , glad to see so many people part of this community and I’m happy to join you all. Absolutely nothing better than getting out in the Wild!

Current Vehicle: 2021 Toyota Tacoma
Previous Vehicle: 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma
Hello Ali, welcome from Phoenix, very nice Taco.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all, my name is Chris. I live in Arlington, VA, but originally from Santa Cruz, CA. I’m building out an overland rig, the ‘19 Ram Rebel pictured. I’m new to overlanding, I guess, but have been an avid backpacker and camper my whole life. This community seems pretty awesome, so I’m hoping to engage with folks and possibly meet some overlanders in my neck of the woods.
Hello Chris, welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good day everyone! I’m Rafael, but also go by Ralphy. I just received my emblem today, and got back last night from Big Bend, my first trip.
1) Picture: Added a pic of my rig.
2) Location: I’m a little north of Austin, TX but not scared to drive.
3) Rig: 2016 Ford F-350. Bought the camper shell used and haven’t gotten it painted yet, but I wanted to get out there and wasn’t worried about looking pretty.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice/Amateur that feels like a pro after his first trip. (Light joke)

I’m excited to be here, and look forward to meeting some of y’all, either at events or out on the trails.
Hello Ralphy, welcome from Phoenix.

Jyoung992

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Young
Justin here from Pittsburgh, PA

Recently sold my very well built Nissan Xterra that was more of a rock crawler / off-road toy.

I now have a 2018 Toyota Tundra I plan to overland and explore with. Always looking to meet new friends to get on the trails and share some campfire stories with. See yinz out there!

Before and After’s:

170D2045-FF41-4CF6-B6CC-C475A6C32806.jpegB0C3161B-BDDA-44F7-902E-4F6A0680BD31.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Recently sold my very well built Nissan Xterra that was more of a rock crawler / off-road toy.

I now have a 2018 Toyota Tundra I plan to overland and explore with. Always looking to meet new friends to get on the trails and share some campfire stories with. See yinz out there!

Before and After’s:

View attachment 190507View attachment 190508
Welcome to Overland Bound Justin
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day everyone! I’m Rafael, but also go by Ralphy. I just received my emblem today, and got back last night from Big Bend, my first trip.
1) Picture: Added a pic of my rig.
2) Location: I’m a little north of Austin, TX but not scared to drive.
3) Rig: 2016 Ford F-350. Bought the camper shell used and haven’t gotten it painted yet, but I wanted to get out there and wasn’t worried about looking pretty.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice/Amateur that feels like a pro after his first trip. (Light joke)

I’m excited to be here, and look forward to meeting some of y’all, either at events or out on the trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ralphy
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982, he can get you in touch with the local meet up if your interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, my name is Chris. I live in Arlington, VA, but originally from Santa Cruz, CA. I’m building out an overland rig, the ‘19 Ram Rebel pictured. I’m new to overlanding, I guess, but have been an avid backpacker and camper my whole life. This community seems pretty awesome, so I’m hoping to engage with folks and possibly meet some overlanders in my neck of the woods.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All!

My names Ryan, and I bounce around WA State mostly and dabble into Oregon. I also am the Regional Sales Manager for REDARC Electronics for the West! I’m here to get to know the community especially in the NW, and help out with any questions I can answer about our products. Looking forward to getting out to local events or meeting up with y’all when it’s safe.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: REDARC_Ryan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! , glad to see so many people part of this community and I’m happy to join you all. Absolutely nothing better than getting out in the Wild!

Current Vehicle: 2021 Toyota Tacoma
Previous Vehicle: 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma
Welcome to Overland Bound
Good looking rig
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I am a beginner to overlanding. Graduating college in a couple months and then really looking forward to getting out there.

Rig: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x
Experience: A lot of youtube and camping/outdoors life
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Steve here, I originate from Western Pennsylvania, drive a Chevy Colorado and am new to off-roading and overlanding. I will be moving the country around quite a bit due to work (I work for the government) and am looking forward to reading about your stories and advice.
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
As you travel the country we have Regional Directors and Member Representatives to help you out.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region, so wherever you our in our community you can get local information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Rafael (@OverlandingDev ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Kent already hit the high points, but I will add that there is a meet up in the Round Rock area: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet - Overland Bound

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Lonely_Huntsman

Rank II

Contributor III

Holladay, UT, USA
First Name
Mckade
Last Name
Huntsman
Member #

Hello overlanders! I'm McKade Huntsman, currently in San Antonio, TX for my last assignment in the Navy before I get out and move back to Utah this summer. I'm excited to get back to all my favorite spots from my teenage years in Utah, and would love to make some friends and get some advice for trips up there. I look forward to talking with you all.
Current ride: 2017 Tacoma sport (with a lift and some wheels/tires and a roof rack and whatnot)

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Before and After’s:

View attachment 190507View attachment 190508
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. You look like you have done several nice rigs, but if you want some inspiration for your Tundra build, check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your new rig.