Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey All!

My names Ryan, and I bounce around WA State mostly and dabble into Oregon. I also am the Regional Sales Manager for REDARC Electronics for the West! I’m here to get to know the community especially in the NW, and help out with any questions I can answer about our products. Looking forward to getting out to local events or meeting up with y’all when it’s safe.
Hello Ryan,
I am the Northwest Regional Director, @Ubiety is your closest member representative. Please
take a minute to read ***NEW MEMBERS START HERE*** along with the community guide lines and Terms of Service.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

OverlandingDev

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Round Rock, Texas, United States
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Q
Member #

Good day everyone! I’m Rafael, but also go by Ralphy. I just received my emblem today, and got back last night from Big Bend, my first trip.
1) Picture: Added a pic of my rig.
2) Location: I’m a little north of Austin, TX but not scared to drive.
3) Rig: 2016 Ford F-350. Bought the camper shell used and haven’t gotten it painted yet, but I wanted to get out there and wasn’t worried about looking pretty.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice/Amateur that feels like a pro after his first trip. (Light joke)

I’m excited to be here, and look forward to meeting some of y’all, either at events or out on the trails.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hey All!

My names Ryan, and I bounce around WA State mostly and dabble into Oregon. I also am the Regional Sales Manager for REDARC Electronics for the West! I’m here to get to know the community especially in the NW, and help out with any questions I can answer about our products. Looking forward to getting out to local events or meeting up with y’all when it’s safe.
Welcome to OB Ryan! Let me know if you have any questions, etc.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Experience: none (yet)
View attachment 190269
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all! Excited to join the community! Not yet full hardcore overlander, rocking a Ram 1500, but just paid for and am awaiting my military surplus m1102 trailer to fill my and my sons off grid camping and fishing machine! We have a lot of great public lands here in AZ and 33" tires get my Ram everywhere we need to go. Moving forward our trailer or cargo space will not be the limiting factor. I have masive delusions of grandure when it comes to what this trailer will be. but reality will hopefully be a safe, sound and agile mobile campsite by summer. Excited to learn from you vet overlanders!~
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good day everyone! I’m Rafael, but also go by Ralphy. I just received my emblem today, and got back last night from Big Bend, my first trip.
1) Picture: Added a pic of my rig.
2) Location: I’m a little north of Austin, TX but not scared to drive.
3) Rig: 2016 Ford F-350. Bought the camper shell used and haven’t gotten it painted yet, but I wanted to get out there and wasn’t worried about looking pretty.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice/Amateur that feels like a pro after his first trip. (Light joke)

I’m excited to be here, and look forward to meeting some of y’all, either at events or out on the trails.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Dave here! Located in the Raleigh NC area. Brand new to Overlanding. I have been wanting to get into it for years. Just picked up a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Let the mods begin.

I am a fabricator of sorts and I'd like to think I am pretty inventive too. I am looking forward to designing some of my own mods and gear.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Bryan & Susan here: We live in southern Arizona, just south of Tucson. While in years past we had a highly modified 4Runner and did a lot of off-road and SAR in the Mojave, age & health have slowed me down some. We've got a Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 with a Lance camper that, so far, has handled everything we've asked it to do. Love exploring still and very much into photography/videography. We may be too tame for most on this forum but we're still game!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. As long as you still go out to adventure is all that matters, keep at it.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Name: John
Location: Eagle Idaho, the Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho, O.K. I’ll stop trying to “church it up” Boise
Rig: 2013 Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser
Experience: I’m a longtime jeeper. My first was a 1980 CJ 5 and my last was a 2019 JL with 37’s new gears, axles, driveshafts....etc. I’m also a lifelong outdoor enthusias, hunting, fly fishin‘, rafting, backpacking and falconry. I’ve decided to stop beating a Jeep against big rocks in Favor of vehicle dependent travel because “Adventure is Necessary”.
Thanks Overland Bound

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Jeep Wrangler JLU, in the process of adding a RTT.
Live in DeWitt, Michigan...Lansing is about 5 miles south, (For Reference).
Total Novice!View attachment 190344

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi new overlander here just got a tablet looking for a holder for my jeep any ideas also looking for ideas on cb attenas
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. RAM mounts has many options for tablets and other devices, check them out.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello, my name is Joshua Parker. I live in Riverside, California. Originally from Carlotta ,California. My family and I enjoy camping and traveling as much as possible. Our rig is a heavy/long 2021 Ram 2500 megacab diesel. I can off-road too much, but I can tow just about anything. Will be upgrading suspension as soon as parts are available. Looking forward to meeting new fellow travelers and learning as much as I can.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello.

Found this site while doing some research on a couple of overland trailers I've been investigating, Turtleback Expedition and the OGT Expedition 2.0. I like what I've seen so far so I signed up to continue mining info about those trailers before making a decision.

Thanks to all who've contributed their experiences with each trailer as it's extremely valuable for folks like me when you have limited opportunity to see these trailers in person for a proper inspection.

Reactions: Kent R and hogarita

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good Morning, Just applied for membership. A few things about me. A few things about me, Hmmm, let see what is worth telling. I am retired from the US Navy Submarine Force, and then I retired from the US Forest Service where I worked in Washington, Montana and Oregon. Managed a few fire camps over the years in most of the western states.

I have had a jeep of some sorts since 83. Wheeled in all the western states some place or the other. Every thing from a 56 cj5 to a 05 tj. I am right now working on a deal for a 16 JKU. I prefer jeeps.

Now days my wife and I like to find a secluded spot to camp and for me to do a little flyfishing which I am not very good at but I do catch one once in a while by pure luck or chance. lol. WE have a particular spot that we go to on the Wynoochee River that is right down the kind of camping we really like. We no longer have a M416 trailer with a tent on top. Just a tent camper now but we are looking for something else that will give us a little more comfort in the wilds of the woods and that search continues. Here is a few pictures of our quiet place on the wynoochee.View attachment 190400View attachment 190399
Welcome to the OB crew, beautiful spot there.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone!

Bud here from Bradenton Florida. My wife and I enjoy off-reading in my JKU. I’m new to overlanding, looking forward to learning a lot on here!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone! Steve here, I originate from Western Pennsylvania, drive a Chevy Colorado and am new to off-roading and overlanding. I will be moving the country around quite a bit due to work (I work for the government) and am looking forward to reading about your stories and advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone, I am a beginner to overlanding. Graduating college in a couple months and then really looking forward to getting out there.

Rig: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x
Experience: A lot of youtube and camping/outdoors life

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! , glad to see so many people part of this community and I’m happy to join you all. Absolutely nothing better than getting out in the Wild!

Current Vehicle: 2021 Toyota Tacoma
Previous Vehicle: 2nd Gen Toyota Tacoma
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey All!

Welcome to the OB crew Ryan, hope to catch you out and about soon

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all, my name is Chris. I live in Arlington, VA, but originally from Santa Cruz, CA. I’m building out an overland rig, the ‘19 Ram Rebel pictured. I’m new to overlanding, I guess, but have been an avid backpacker and camper my whole life. This community seems pretty awesome, so I’m hoping to engage with folks and possibly meet some overlanders in my neck of the woods.