Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
This is my travel companion and daily driver...
A simple video to show my modifications.
I'm located in Herenthout, Belgium. Due to the very strict regulations in Belgium concerning vehicle modifications, everything suspension and drivetrain must remain stock.
The vehicle is a 2002 Mitsubishi L200 (Triton in other parts of the world...)Just added mud terrain tires and better shocks for off road performance. It has a factory LSD in the rear, no lockers.
A little bit about myself...
I have been offroading for +30 years, did some winch competitions, extreme challenge and offroad rallies all over Europe and Africa. I was a marshall at winch competitions and at the Morocco desert challenge for several years. Currently building a Landrover Discovery for cross country rally.
But also enjoying the solitude of travelling alone...

Hi Peter,

Welcome to OB!

Nice offroad career! Maybe we'll see each other at one or the other race. For example, I'll be at the 24h race of the german offroad masters in Poland again this year.

We have a virtual OB Europe campfire which takes place on Friday every 2nd week. Next one will be on 12th March 2021 at 8 PM CET. You are welcome to join for some good talks. You will find all details in the Rally Point:

Enjoy!

Cheers, Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone!! We are John & Kelli from Michigan. We are new to this so I guess that makes puts us on the novice level. We drive a 2005 Lexus GX470 w/KDSS. We are slowly getting things together and can't wait to get out there (especially since Covid-19).
Well thanks and we hope to meet some of y'all out on the trails!
Hello John and Kelli, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!! We are John & Kelli from Michigan. We are new to this so I guess that makes puts us on the novice level. We drive a 2005 Lexus GX470 w/KDSS. We are slowly getting things together and can't wait to get out there (especially since Covid-19).
Well thanks and we hope to meet some of y'all out on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound John and Kelli
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone..... New to overloading, not new to Jeeps. In the process of building my perfect Overlanding rig based on a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon on 37" Tires. Im up in the Pacific Northwest area, just west of Seattle, in Poulsbo. Have the Rebel Off road bed rack with a Tough Stuff Alpha II roof tent on order. Cant wait for the start of the build.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Great looking rig. Used to be when people said my rig is on 37" tires they just shook their heads, now its the norm especially with the Gladiator to get a decent breakover angle. Nice job with the build!
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone..... New to overloading, not new to Jeeps. In the process of building my perfect Overlanding rig based on a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon on 37" Tires. Im up in the Pacific Northwest area, just west of Seattle, in Poulsbo. Have the Rebel Off road bed rack with a Tough Stuff Alpha II roof tent on order. Cant wait for the start of the build.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

donnf

Rank 0

Traveler I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
donn
Last Name
friedman
Donn, Rebeca, Sami and Ora and often our granddog Padfoot are not true 4-wheeling, Overlanders, just campers that travel the Southwest looking for dispersed camping to run free. Donn and Rebeca started adventuring together in 1984 with a Ford 150 and a camper shell for a year-long trip across the USA. After a 30-year break for life, we are at it again.

This time we rock a NV200 Recon Weekender Camper Van or a Sportsmobile Promaster 2500 (depending on which vehicle our rock-climbing kids take off with).

We often spend weeknights watching Youtube adventure videos, but try to escape to the places within a couple hours of Albuquerque, New Mexico, on weekends.

Just starting to understand MVUMs and using Gaia and Avenza maps (when we can find our glasses).

Attachments

UnlostOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Windsor Heights, IA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norton
Member #

Unlost Overland checking-in from Iowa. Newish to Overlanding but not adventure. Starting on two wheels years ago I found a passion for exploring. Riding down Baja for 2 weeks with my brother started it all. Coming from a manual Jeep Gladiator into the current rig, Launch Edition Gladiator. My co-pilot couldn’t drive analog so moved into an automatic. After last year, getting 35 days in a tent I’ve decided to go with a more dedicated built out rig. Excited to meet new people and share my rig build and our future adventures.

-Unlost Overland

Attachments

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Donn, Rebeca, Sami and Ora and often our granddog Padfoot are not true 4-wheeling, Overlanders, just campers that travel the Southwest looking for dispersed camping to run free. Donn and Rebeca started adventuring together in 1984 with a Ford 150 and a camper shell for a year-long trip across the USA. After a 30-year break for life, we are at it again.

This time we rock a NV200 Recon Weekender Camper Van or a Sportsmobile Promaster 2500 (depending on which vehicle our rock-climbing kids take off with).

We often spend weeknights watching Youtube adventure videos, but try to escape to the places within a couple hours of Albuquerque, New Mexico, on weekends.

Just starting to understand MVUMs and using Gaia and Avenza maps (when we can find our glasses).
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing of your adventures in NM. That's home for me, but in Maryland now. I miss the horizon...

Reactions: Kent R and donnf

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Donn (@donnf), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chad (@CBS-TX-27432 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had meet ups in the DFW area so keep an eye out for that.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Northman555

Rank 0

Traveler I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Rutland
Great forum you all have here! I'm an avid outdoor enthusiast with an 11 year old son that's been car camping with me since he was 3. We often find ourselves up on hwy. 108 in developed campgrounds. When there we spend our days swimming and fishing in Pinecrest Lake.

I finally was able to afford a truck last year so we can get off the beaten path and away from the crowds. I feel he's old enough now to take him into some majestic spots in the Stainislaus Forest back country. Already have a few places mapped out after speaking with some locals last year while floating on the Clavey River. Looking forward to the process of turning my truck into a self sustained overlander.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Santa Cruz, California.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500. My son named it Twilight. He knows nothing of the movies. I call it Twilight The Black Hole. As it sucks up all my resources. Including gas with the thristy 8.1L. I didn't intend on getting a 2500. Was looking at the 1500's. But the deal was impossible to pass up. Try finding a low mile avalanche for less than 14G's. Not going to happen in my location. Besides the hit on gas I'm very happy I have a full float 14 bolt rear axle and gobs of torque. I'll definitely be investing in Rotopax fuel cans!

2nd owner and 98K miles on it. Rebuilt the transfer case, new water pump, and fresh fluids. Pretty sure the spark plugs were originals from 2003!

Plan is to add 33" MT Baja Boss for now and a 2" key lift with Bilsteins. Change the 3.70's to 4.56's and lockers. Not going to waste my money on a 6" bracket/knuckle lift that provides no increase in wheel travel. Plan is to put in a SAS kit from WFO in Auburn eventually.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
None. Other than 4 wheeling most of my life on well traveled trails. Does that count? Though I was a Boy Scout back in the 80's. Loved it. I've had several rock crawlers over the years but just not into it much anymore.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Unlost Overland checking-in from Iowa. Newish to Overlanding but not adventure. Starting on two wheels years ago I found a passion for exploring. Riding down Baja for 2 weeks with my brother started it all. Coming from a manual Jeep Gladiator into the current rig, Launch Edition Gladiator. My co-pilot couldn’t drive analog so moved into an automatic. After last year, getting 35 days in a tent I’ve decided to go with a more dedicated built out rig. Excited to meet new people and share my rig build and our future adventures.

-Unlost Overland
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

View attachment 189939
I’m Chad and this is my trusty ole 2008 Land Rover LR3 v8 with over 200k on the clock. In North TX, but summer in CO as much as possible! I started off-roading with my first car, an olderJeep Waggoner back in 1991. Been a fan of the dirt and rocks ever since!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. I can’t tell from your picture what gear you have outfitted on your rig so if you are still building on your LR be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Great forum you all have here! I'm an avid outdoor enthusiast with an 11 year old son that's been car camping with me since he was 3. We often find ourselves up on hwy. 108 in developed campgrounds. When there we spend our days swimming and fishing in Pinecrest Lake.

I finally was able to afford a truck last year so we can get off the beaten path and away from the crowds. I feel he's old enough now to take him into some majestic spots in the Stainislaus Forest back country. Already have a few places mapped out after speaking with some locals last year while floating on the Clavey River. Looking forward to the process of turning my truck into a self sustained overlander.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Santa Cruz, California.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500. My son named it Twilight. He knows nothing of the movies. I call it Twilight The Black Hole. As it sucks up all my resources. Including gas with the thristy 8.1L. I didn't intend on getting a 2500. Was looking at the 1500's. But the deal was impossible to pass up. Try finding a low mile avalanche for less than 14G's. Not going to happen in my location. Besides the hit on gas I'm very happy I have a full float 14 bolt rear axle and gobs of torque. I'll definitely be investing in Rotopax fuel cans!

2nd owner and 98K miles on it. Rebuilt the transfer case, new water pump, and fresh fluids. Pretty sure the spark plugs were originals from 2003!

Plan is to add 33" MT Baja Boss for now and a 2" key lift with Bilsteins. Change the 3.70's to 4.56's and lockers. Not going to waste my money on a 6" bracket/knuckle lift that provides no increase in wheel travel. Plan is to put in a SAS kit from WFO in Auburn eventually.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
None. Other than 4 wheeling most of my life on well traveled trails. Does that count? Though I was a Boy Scout back in the 80's. Loved it. I've had several rock crawlers over the years but just not into it much anymore.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Northman555

Rank 0

Traveler I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Rutland
Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely check that out. I have a long list of "wants" already but not in a rush.

donnf

Rank 0

Traveler I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
donn
Last Name
friedman
Hello Chad (@CBS-TX-27432 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had meet ups in the DFW area so keep an eye out for that.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks for the info. I might become a paid member next month -- just spent a bit buying membership in gaia and becoming a patreon for a couple of content creators. For now, seems like plenty to check out as a lurker.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely check that out. I have a long list of "wants" already but not in a rush.
Here is a tip from someone who is knee deep in building a new rig, do not wait until the last minute to order stuff for your build or you will be shocked to find you can’t get it today and depending on what the item is, it could take days, weeks or in some cases months or even a year to receive your items due to the huge influx of new adventure seekers. Things that were once common and stocked on most suppliers shelves are now back ordered and you get put on a waiting list.