Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hey,

New member from Belgium...

Driving a 2017 Hilux with a starting setup for camping/overlanding.

Made some drawers in plywood to find out what suits us best, thinking of remaking them in Aluminium..

No mods to the car yet , stock hilux

Looking forward to picking up some nice ideas here .

Greets,

Wouter

View attachment 188881
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey,

New member from Belgium...

Driving a 2017 Hilux with a starting setup for camping/overlanding.

Made some drawers in plywood to find out what suits us best, thinking of remaking them in Aluminium..

No mods to the car yet , stock hilux

Looking forward to picking up some nice ideas here .

Greets,

Wouter

View attachment 188881
Welcome to Overland Bound Wouter
I am curious about the high fence and gate in the picture.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @GeoCampers #4771
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, there! New memeber here from Chandler, AZ. I’ve been backpacking and camping avidly my entire life but I recently started transitioning to backpacking in the car after adding kids and old age to my kit... My mall crawler is a 2010 GX460 we bought just in time for the pandemic. We’ve added a roof platform and KO2’s but that’s about it so far. I’ve been making silly camping videos on Youtube (Wasting Time in the Woods) for a while as well. Just looking to join the community to crowd source some fun spots and contribute with content where I can. Looking forward to seeing what OB is all about!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening! New member out of suburban Chicago looking to enjoy the overlanding experience via my 2016 Ram 2500 and soon-to-be delivered X1. COVID delayed the build but figured the plates were a good place to start. Recently added the KO II wrapped Zephyr’s and the DiamondBack. Hope that the AEV Prospector front bumper parts become available soon. I’ve been following the community for a while and very much appreciate the marketing guardrails in place that allow for a better experience as a member. Be safe and travel on!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member from central N.C. currently wheeling a stock 1986 Toyota Pickup with 31x10.50-15 At's. I've been overlanding on foot and by bike my whole life and started going off the beaten path when I got my drivers license at 16 and 1st truck (2001 s10 Blazer 4x4)
I lifted it 2.5 inches by putting tbar keys in the front and cranking them all the way up. I put a set of extra long shackles from the auto parts store on the rear and used modified shock extenders for a full size chevy.
It rode like garbage but I could sleep in the back and go explore fire roads.
After going through 3 sets of balljoints and blowing up 2 motors I got a great deal on my Toyota which I plan to eventually build out the "right way"
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m newer to over landing but have an extensive history in Backcountry exploration by canoe / by foot. I’ve practiced and tought wilderness survival for almost 20 years.

I am from Brantford Ontario and I drive a 2016 Jeep Renegade 75th anniversary model
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Flinders Adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Morning all!
Josh here, outside Philadelphia PA. The family and I are accomplished backpackers and fly fishermen looking to extend our reach into the back country. After three lumbar surgeries the days of heavy packs are unfortunately behind me but our Ram 1500 build is steadily coming along. Not new to traveling over or off-road but certainly new to traveling with family and kids in tow. To think we used to travel without a decent spare tire let alone 2 sets of maxtrax is scary. Oh the bravado of youth. The plan is to build the truck out to be my daily work driver and capable back country camping, exploration rig. So far most mods have been cosmetic (tint, vent shades, ditch lights, seat and floor covers) with addition of morimoto led head tail and fogs, “decked” drawer system, a decent set of AT’s, leer 100xr cap, racks, baskets and rod vault from Thule. Have an appointment to swap out the open rear for posi. Absolutely interested in your folk’s recommendations for future suspension upgrades. Can’t wait to run into some of you out there. Stay safe.
Josh
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
Here is a section of the forum for your question about upgrades.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Good evening! New member out of suburban Chicago looking to enjoy the overlanding experience via my 2016 Ram 2500 and soon-to-be delivered X1. COVID delayed the build but figured the plates were a good place to start. Recently added the KO II wrapped Zephyr’s and the DiamondBack. Hope that the AEV Prospector front bumper parts become available soon. I’ve been following the community for a while and very much appreciate the marketing guardrails in place that allow for a better experience as a member. Be safe and travel on!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hay! We're James and Amanda. In the San Antonio area. Driving a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. We're new to overlanding and really excited to get started. Looking forward to learning everything about it. See y'all around!
James and Amanda, Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey my name is Ty! I’m building a 2016 3.5l f-150. I’m from Oregon City, OR. My overland experience has basically been from finding new and barely traveled roads, streams, lakes, and rivers for mainly fishing purposes
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey my name is Ty! I’m building a 2016 3.5l f-150. I’m from Oregon City, OR. My overland experience has basically been from finding new and barely traveled roads, streams, lakes, and rivers for mainly fishing purposes
Hello Ty , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Contributor III

Hello all!

My name is Tristan.
-Eastern NC
-I drive a 2005 Silverado 4wd single cab long bed
-I have some off-road experience mostly muddy trails in southern Florida and beaches in Hawaii. I am new to the rocky terrain in NC, but it is nice to learn new driving tactics. The car camping aspect is the newer to me part. I am a novice when it comes to camping specific gear!

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Tristan.
-Eastern NC
-I drive a 2005 Silverado 4wd single cab long bed
-I have some off-road experience mostly muddy trails in southern Florida and beaches in Hawaii. I am new to the rocky terrain in NC, but it is nice to learn new driving tactics. The car camping aspect is the newer to me part. I am a novice when it comes to camping specific gear!

Wonder_Overland

Rank II

Contributor III

Lakewood, WA, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Park
Member #

Glad to be a part of this awesome community. My wife and I have been kitting out our vehicle in hopes to travel this amazing continent of ours (North America).

We are located in the Tacoma, WA area and have so many amazing places to explore right here in our backyard. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road that I've kitted out with suspension, armor and electrical upgrades to ensure we are capable of traversing the back country roads throughout this continent. I can't wait to share with everyone my experiences as well as learn new things from everyone here.

Attachments

RaiderN8

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Stump
Hi all,

New to this site but looking forward to getting to know some of the members. I’m located in the SF Bay Area about half way between SF and San Jose.

I grew up riding dirt bikes and ATVs, and have done lots of camping. But I recently bought a 2002 Toyota 4Runner to start my new overlanding hobby. Lifted it with OME coils + Bilstein shocks, running 33s. Lots of little projects still to do, but I’m ready to start hitting the trails.

Cheers!
-Nate
EE135869-7C30-4AD9-B12D-EB957817C082.jpeg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Glad to be a part of this awesome community. My wife and I have been kitting out our vehicle in hopes to travel this amazing continent of ours (North America).

We are located in the Tacoma, WA area and have so many amazing places to explore right here in our backyard. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road that I've kitted out with suspension, armor and electrical upgrades to ensure we are capable of traversing the back country roads throughout this continent. I can't wait to share with everyone my experiences as well as learn new things from everyone here.
Welcome to the OB crew, to enhance your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questons and offer advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all,

New to this site but looking forward to getting to know some of the members. I’m located in the SF Bay Area about half way between SF and San Jose.

I grew up riding dirt bikes and ATVs, and have done lots of camping. But I recently bought a 2002 Toyota 4Runner to start my new overlanding hobby. Lifted it with OME coils + Bilstein shocks, running 33s. Lots of little projects still to do, but I’m ready to start hitting the trails.

Cheers!
-Nate
View attachment 188984

Horizons Infinitum

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
G
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Mike.
Rig: 2019 4Runner SR5
Experience: Novice

Nature and adventure are in my blood thanks to my dad. I just bought the 4Runner six months ago without ever hearing about Overlanding and now kinda wish I got one of the TRD trims, oh well.
After watching some videos from Wanderlost Overland and Revere Overland I am absolutely hooked! Overlanding has all the components that are perfect for me: road tripping, adventure, nature, and solitude.

Space around me where my soul can breathe
I've got body that my mind can leave
Nothing else matters, I don't care what I miss
Company's okay
Solitude is bliss

Attachments

Last edited: