Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! I’m Sean

Current Vehicle: 2018 Tacoma
Experience: some rock crawling(not in the Taco) and trail finding.
My wife and I love finding new places to explore and set up camp.
Looking forward to meeting people, overlanding and visiting new places!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sean
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here is a link to one of our most active meet-ups;
Overland Bound Meetups

JoshuaEvans77

Rank III

Contributor III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Morning all!
Josh here, outside Philadelphia PA. The family and I are accomplished backpackers and fly fishermen looking to extend our reach into the back country. After three lumbar surgeries the days of heavy packs are unfortunately behind me but our Ram 1500 build is steadily coming along. Not new to traveling over or off-road but certainly new to traveling with family and kids in tow. To think we used to travel without a decent spare tire let alone 2 sets of maxtrax is scary. Oh the bravado of youth. The plan is to build the truck out to be my daily work driver and capable back country camping, exploration rig. So far most mods have been cosmetic (tint, vent shades, ditch lights, seat and floor covers) with addition of morimoto led head tail and fogs, “decked” drawer system, a decent set of AT’s, leer 100xr cap, racks, baskets and rod vault from Thule. Have an appointment to swap out the open rear for posi. Absolutely interested in your folk’s recommendations for future suspension upgrades. Can’t wait to run into some of you out there. Stay safe.
Josh

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone, my name is Manuel I literally just joined last night. I’ve relatively new to the overlanding community. I bought my 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x which I’ve named Exodia in August of 2020. My girlfriend and I have been very eager to get out and enjoy the over landing experience as often as possible since I bought Exodia back in August. I have plenty of plans for modifications in the future to really get my rig going. I’ve only gotten a couple things so far like an awning and just plenty of gear for sleeping in the truck etc. We love what we have so far but we look forward to the future to getting our rig decked out. Any tips and pointers are always welcomed for best brands ideas etc! Thanks in advance. We live in the eat Bay Area of California. We have done a few trips since August to BLM sites and national forest land in Mendocino area.We really look forward to being able to explore more and get out there. I have always felt as though there are so many apps to explore the overlanding experience, but it always seems like it’s a not enough to really help a novice to find out what trails in great areas there are nearby or even far away. We want to just enjoy our trip every time we go out! We are always willing to adventure!
Hey Manuel

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and have planned out most of 2021. Our next meet up will be March 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: Kent R and Kiryu

Contributor III

71 Burwell Street, Brantford, Ontario N3T 4T8, Canada
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Flinders
I’m newer to over landing but have an extensive history in Backcountry exploration by canoe / by foot. I’ve practiced and tought wilderness survival for almost 20 years.

I am from Brantford Ontario and I drive a 2016 Jeep Renegade 75th anniversary model

Attachments

JeepFireBoy

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Nogales, Arizona
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Ashcraft
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7UGN
Welcome to Overland Bound
As far as your question goes about equipment, you should ask this question on some of the build pages or gear sections of the forum.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thank you Kent!

Reactions: Kent R

Explore_x4

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Wallen
New Member from central N.C. currently wheeling a stock 1986 Toyota Pickup with 31x10.50-15 At's. I've been overlanding on foot and by bike my whole life and started going off the beaten path when I got my drivers license at 16 and 1st truck (2001 s10 Blazer 4x4)
I lifted it 2.5 inches by putting tbar keys in the front and cranking them all the way up. I put a set of extra long shackles from the auto parts store on the rear and used modified shock extenders for a full size chevy.
It rode like garbage but I could sleep in the back and go explore fire roads.
After going through 3 sets of balljoints and blowing up 2 motors I got a great deal on my Toyota which I plan to eventually build out the "right way"

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Morning all!
Josh here, outside Philadelphia PA. The family and I are accomplished backpackers and fly fishermen looking to extend our reach into the back country. After three lumbar surgeries the days of heavy packs are unfortunately behind me but our Ram 1500 build is steadily coming along. Not new to traveling over or off-road but certainly new to traveling with family and kids in tow. To think we used to travel without a decent spare tire let alone 2 sets of maxtrax is scary. Oh the bravado of youth. The plan is to build the truck out to be my daily work driver and capable back country camping, exploration rig. So far most mods have been cosmetic (tint, vent shades, ditch lights, seat and floor covers) with addition of morimoto led head tail and fogs, “decked” drawer system, a decent set of AT’s, leer 100xr cap, racks, baskets and rod vault from Thule. Have an appointment to swap out the open rear for posi. Absolutely interested in your folk’s recommendations for future suspension upgrades. Can’t wait to run into some of you out there. Stay safe.
Josh
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Manuel I literally just joined last night. I’ve relatively new to the overlanding community. I bought my 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x which I’ve named Exodia in August of 2020. My girlfriend and I have been very eager to get out and enjoy the over landing experience as often as possible since I bought Exodia back in August. I have plenty of plans for modifications in the future to really get my rig going. I’ve only gotten a couple things so far like an awning and just plenty of gear for sleeping in the truck etc. We love what we have so far but we look forward to the future to getting our rig decked out. Any tips and pointers are always welcomed for best brands ideas etc! Thanks in advance. We live in the eat Bay Area of California. We have done a few trips since August to BLM sites and national forest land in Mendocino area.We really look forward to being able to explore more and get out there. I have always felt as though there are so many apps to explore the overlanding experience, but it always seems like it’s a not enough to really help a novice to find out what trails in great areas there are nearby or even far away. We want to just enjoy our trip every time we go out! We are always willing to adventure!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R and Kiryu

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I’m newer to over landing but have an extensive history in Backcountry exploration by canoe / by foot. I’ve practiced and tought wilderness survival for almost 20 years.

I am from Brantford Ontario and I drive a 2016 Jeep Renegade 75th anniversary model

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

New Member from central N.C. currently wheeling a stock 1986 Toyota Pickup with 31x10.50-15 At's. I've been overlanding on foot and by bike my whole life and started going off the beaten path when I got my drivers license at 16 and 1st truck (2001 s10 Blazer 4x4)
I lifted it 2.5 inches by putting tbar keys in the front and cranking them all the way up. I put a set of extra long shackles from the auto parts store on the rear and used modified shock extenders for a full size chevy.
After going through 3 sets of balljoints and blowing up 2 motors I got a great deal on my Toyota which I plan to eventually build out the "right way"

Ovrlndr333

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hawthorn Woods, IL, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Beckner
Member #

Good evening! New member out of suburban Chicago looking to enjoy the overlanding experience via my 2016 Ram 2500 and soon-to-be delivered X1. COVID delayed the build but figured the plates were a good place to start. Recently added the KO II wrapped Zephyr’s and the DiamondBack. Hope that the AEV Prospector front bumper parts become available soon. I’ve been following the community for a while and very much appreciate the marketing guardrails in place that allow for a better experience as a member. Be safe and travel on!

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McCurdy
My dad used to drive an 86 diesel that same color. That’s a fun looking truck.

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McCurdy
Hey, there! New memeber here from Chandler, AZ. I’ve been backpacking and camping avidly my entire life but I recently started transitioning to backpacking in the car after adding kids and old age to my kit... My mall crawler is a 2010 GX460 we bought just in time for the pandemic. We’ve added a roof platform and KO2’s but that’s about it so far. I’ve been making silly camping videos on Youtube (Wasting Time in the Woods) for a while as well. Just looking to join the community to crowd source some fun spots and contribute with content where I can. Looking forward to seeing what OB is all about!

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey, there! New memeber here from Chandler, AZ. I’ve been backpacking and camping avidly my entire life but I recently started transitioning to backpacking in the car after adding kids and old age to my kit... My mall crawler is a 2010 GX460 we bought just in time for the pandemic. We’ve added a roof platform and KO2’s but that’s about it so far. I’ve been making silly camping videos on Youtube (Wasting Time in the Woods) for a while as well. Just looking to join the community to crowd source some fun spots and contribute with content where I can. Looking forward to seeing what OB is all about!

Wouter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
wouter
Last Name
mandervelt
Hey,

New member from Belgium...

Driving a 2017 Hilux with a starting setup for camping/overlanding.

Made some drawers in plywood to find out what suits us best, thinking of remaking them in Aluminium..

No mods to the car yet , stock hilux

Looking forward to picking up some nice ideas here .

Greets,

Wouter

2.jpg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey,

Made some drawers in plywood to find out what suits us best, thinking of remaking them in Aluminium..

Greets,

Wouter

View attachment 188881

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all! I’m Sean

Current Vehicle: 2018 Tacoma
Experience: some rock crawling(not in the Taco) and trail finding.
My wife and I love finding new places to explore and set up camp.
Looking forward to meeting people, overlanding and visiting new places!
Hello Sean and welcome from Phoenix.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New guy here in Southern AZ. I'm just starting out in the overland world and am hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from you guys.
2008 Jeep JK
I'm going to start building an overland trailer soon, besides the basics, what do you guys suggest for equipment?
Hello Peter welcome from Phoenix.
I am also in the planning stages for an overland trailer, there are a lot of things to consider. I would suggest you first decide what kind of camping you will most likely do, short-term vs long-term and the type of suspension you want would be based on your most extreme trails you will run. Then look at commercial trailers to see what they offer, there is an amazing variety out there. I am looking for a trailer that tracks my 4runner., the one I have is just a bit too wide.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey,

Greets,

Wouter

View attachment 188881
Hello Wouter, welcome from Phoenix.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey,

Greets,

Wouter

View attachment 188881
Hi Wouter,

Welcome to OB!

Check out the Rally Points, next european OB virtual campfire will be tomorrow 8 PM CET. You are welcome to join for some good talks.

Cheers, Bjoern

Last edited: