Rank 0

Traveler I

Slovenia
First Name
Jaka
Last Name
Bizjak
Hi Jaka,

Nice to meet you, I am from Australia but would love to spend some time exploring Europe. Did you travel from Europe to Northern Africa in your car? I find it very interesting when people do trips across multiple countries and continents.

Cheers,

Tim
Hi Tim,

Would be nice to overland in Australia! If you come to Europe let me know.
Yes we did. But for us it was quite straightforward 6 hours drive to the ferry port in Italy and than 1,5 days on the ferry to Tunis.
We did Tunis and Libya it was in 2010 just before everything collapsed down there to bad really Libya is a wonderful country with kind people.

Best
Jaka

Reactions: Kent R

JakaB

Rank 0

Traveler I

Slovenia
First Name
Jaka
Last Name
Bizjak
Welcome to Overland Bound Jaka
You live in a beautiful part of the world
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanx Kent.

Mitoyam

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Victoria, Australia
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Hi Tim,

Would be nice to overland in Australia! If you come to Europe let me know.
Yes we did. But for us it was quite straightforward 6 hours drive to the ferry port in Italy and than 1,5 days on the ferry to Tunis.
We did Tunis and Libya it was in 2010 just before everything collapsed down there to bad really Libya is a wonderful country with kind people.

Best
Jaka
Yeah Australia has some fantastic places to explore, I just learned that we have the most national parks of any country in the world. Sounds like a fantastic trip going through Tunis and Libya, there are so many fascinating places around the world that are made bad by circumstance. I would like to see Damascus one day but that wont be happening for a long time. Ill definitely let you know if I'm ever get over to Europe, let me know if you ever are in Australia.
Regards,
Tim

Reactions: Kent R and JakaB

Jpsexton

Rank I

Traveler I

Twin Cities, MN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Sexton
Member #

Hi Jason here

Living outside the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Long time tent camper, just getting into vehicle camping. New 2021 TRD Off-road, waiting for my bed rack so I can mount my tent. Did a nice 3 day back in January out to Roosevelt National. Looking for both local and western US contact and connections. Planning a Colorado trip this spring or early summer.

CementMixer.jpg

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings from Europe - Slovenia my name is Jaka.
This is my rig: 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2
Been around overlanding for let's say 15 years mostly Europe and also a bit of Northern Africa.
View attachment 187742

Hi Jaka,

Welcome to OverlandBound!

Hopefully we can meet on some trails soon once the restrictions are over and it is responsible to meet again!

Because we cannot meet in person at the moment we have launched the virtual OB Europe campfire. The next will be on 26th February at 8PM CET. Your are welocme to join for some good talks. You will find all details in the Rally Point:

If you have any questions I could help you with, please let me know. Happy to help

Enjoy!

Cheers, Björn

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'd like to personally invite all the new OB members to the Inland NW call for Feb.
Call is this Sunday 2/21 @7:30 Pacific (If you don't actually set a reminder you will forget, Happens every month)

This call is always open to all members, but I thought this would be a great call for our members that are newer to overlanding.

The Rally point Details

Let's talk about what you really need and some you really don't

I'd like to have everyone bring couple must have items that you think you can not live without, and that item you thought you needed, but really just don't use.
Please send your must have items(limited to 4) directly to me @Sandpoint Steve
1613665750629.png
Yes Time zone is important. I have people signed up for this calling in from the east coast.
I'll try to work from the east to west incase they need to drop off "Early".

Yes Member screen name and OB # are also important.
If someone has a question after the call This would give them the needed information to contact you directly to talk more about the item in question.

I'll share the document during the call so we'll try to update it with more items as we go.
People who send in items before the call will get to share first.

Be prepared to share links to the good stuff so we can bring it up on the screen for everyone to see.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com
Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando

Mark you calendars!
See you there!

-Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Greetings from Europe - Slovenia my name is Jaka.
This is my rig: 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2
Been around overlanding for let's say 15 years mostly Europe and also a bit of Northern Africa.
View attachment 187742
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Jason here

Living outside the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Long time tent camper, just getting into vehicle camping. New 2021 TRD Off-road, waiting for my bed rack so I can mount my tent. Did a nice 3 day back in January out to Roosevelt National. Looking for both local and western US contact and connections. Planning a Colorado trip this spring or early summer.

View attachment 187869
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27[/USER]
To help you with your trip to CO, you can contact the Rocky Mountain Regional Director @Neal A. Tew or the CO Member Representative @trail_runn4r

Jpsexton

Rank I

Traveler I

Twin Cities, MN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Sexton
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27[/USER]
To help you with your trip to CO, you can contact the Rocky Mountain Regional Director @Neal A. Tew or the CO Member Representative @trail_runn4r

Hi Kent,
Thanks for the welcome and information, especially the Tread Lightly courses.

Cheers
Jason

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi Jason here

View attachment 187869
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Currently stationed in NC (retiring soon).
2019 Tacoma Pro

We enjoy subtle off-roading, service roads , and trails that require 4WD but don’t break the truck.

Looking forward to hearing and learning from everyone as well as sharing our own experiences. Hopefully we get to meet up up with some folks.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi,
Kirk from So. Cal.
1997 Wrangler -I have been driving this one for the last 20 years! I get out when I can - Been off road traveling on Motorcycles and 4x4's since the 80's. Death Valley is a favorite place to wander. Looks like a great forum!

DRTYPLA is mine.
View attachment 187787
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R and Kirk M.

SkiWooKilo58

Rank IV

Contributor III

Josephine, TX, USA
First Name
Tymon
Last Name
Kapelski
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders!

I am a long time practitioner (sleeping in the bed of my truck), but haven't had equipment up until very, very recently (truck bedtop tent is nearly here!) I am excited to be a part of this community and look forward to meeting and adventuring with you all.

Excuse my messy truck, it's been a blizzard here in Texas.

Tymon

Nearly forgot - 2019 Ram Power Wagon

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I am a long time practitioner (sleeping in the bed of my truck), but haven't had equipment up until very, very recently (truck bedtop tent is nearly here!) I am excited to be a part of this community and look forward to meeting and adventuring with you all.

Tymon

Welcome to Overland Bound Tymon
Hope you are staying warm and safe during the weather event going on.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: SkiWooKilo58

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Tymon

I think most of us are in the same boat as you with that salty winter crud all over our trucks, but it washes off easily enough.

Geolark

Rank 0

Traveler I

Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Larkins
Hello,

So I have decided to get back into camping after 25 years. I used to do some off Chevy Blazer 4x4 off roading with friends in the early 80’s in Michigan. Long story why I quit. Let’s just say a lake house with hot shower replaced my pop up camper. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting back out in the woods this year. Some of my set up.
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan ( I will explain later...no really..stop laughing
Tent: Crua Outdoors Cottage
Heat: Mr. Buddy w 20 lb propane
Power: Solar Jackery 1000
Fridge: ac/dc Whynter 350 get to the sites
Chair: Strongback

I have owned three caravans as required to haul kids and work equipment. My daily driver is a Cadillac XTS. Now the van is still useful for what it is and can fit lots of gear and double as an overnight stealth sleeper. Plus it is paid for so there is that.
I plan on doing some dispersed camping on NF and State land for base camp and some hiking in the areas. The van is getting a three inch lift and some 29 inch off road rubber. I don’t plan on taking on anything more that light ORV trails to the sites.
The photo is an example of what my Van will look like. Also a couple pics of the 4 season insulated tent. I am heading out on my first adventure March 6th to Apalachicola National Forest for a seven night overland camp trip.

I may add a budget 4x4 at a later date. Thinking Landcruiser or Monterey maybe.

Glad to be here.

E736FA47-78A7-43F6-9730-F1C6945412E8.jpegD697B6B0-6737-4D13-AB31-416FA67F52E8.jpeg9EAB129A-6EE6-482E-B911-3B6B5BE5FB0F.jpegE736FA47-78A7-43F6-9730-F1C6945412E8.jpeg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello,

So I have decided to get back into camping after 25 years. I used to do some off Chevy Blazer 4x4 off roading with friends in the early 80’s in Michigan. Long story why I quit. Let’s just say a lake house with hot shower replaced my pop up camper. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting back out in the woods this year. Some of my set up.
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan ( I will explain later...no really..stop laughing
Tent: Crua Outdoors Cottage
Heat: Mr. Buddy w 20 lb propane
Power: Solar Jackery 1000
Fridge: ac/dc Whynter 350 get to the sites
Chair: Strongback

I have owned three caravans as required to haul kids and work equipment. My daily driver is a Cadillac XTS. Now the van is still useful for what it is and can fit lots of gear and double as an overnight stealth sleeper. Plus it is paid for so there is that.
I plan on doing some dispersed camping on NF and State land for base camp and some hiking in the areas. The van is getting a three inch lift and some 29 inch off road rubber. I don’t plan on taking on anything more that light ORV trails to the sites.
The photo is an example of what my Van will look like. Also a couple pics of the 4 season insulated tent. I am heading out on my first adventure March 6th to Apalachicola National Forest for a seven night overland camp trip.

I may add a budget 4x4 at a later date. Thinking Landcruiser or Monterey maybe.

Glad to be here.

View attachment 188049View attachment 188047View attachment 188048View attachment 188049
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. In overlanding, we don’t judge what you drive. It isn’t about the biggest or fastest, it is about getting out there and seeking adventure, no matter what you drive.

Reactions: Kent R and Geolark

Newticus

Rank II

Contributor III

18302 Duluth Street, Farmington, Minnesota 55024, United States
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Lemm
Member #

Good evening! Finally took the plunge as a member.

I have a 2020 Toyota 4Runner. The only mods I’ve done so far are RSG rock sliders so my family could climb into the rig.

We have been a hiking, backpacking, camping, RV-Ing family forever and love the outdoors.

My kids are getting older and aren’t as interested with my need to camp and explore any longer. I’ve been obsessed with overlanding with the new SUV and have so many plans!

Next step is to build a platform in the rear with some drawers and probably a Gazelle T4.

I’m so excited to find a community I can share/talk/geek out with.

Hopefully I’ll find some nearby members in Minnesota.

Thanks!!!!

N8

Geolark

Rank 0

Traveler I

Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Larkins
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build. In overlanding, we don’t judge what you drive. It isn’t about the biggest or fastest, it is about getting out there and seeking adventure, no matter what you drive.
Thanks Tim. I will be sure to do so. This group has a really great network of friendly and helpful folks.