Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
My name is Andreas.
Living in Vancouver, BC
My Rig(s): ‘95 Landrover Discovery 1 (all stock),and newly acquired ‘08 Landrover LR3 HSE (all stock).
I’ve got about year under my belt of off-roading, but still a novice.
Looking forward to be getting out there.
Welcome to Overland Bound Andeas
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

M

Markpaul1

Hello everyone, my name is Mark Brodeur . Born and raised in Massachusetts and growing up at a early age my father had a 70s land cruiser till I was four. However I still briefly remember him taking my brother and i out on trails. Growing up, my grandparents had a sail boat so when we where not involved in sports we would be out to watch hill ri which where great memories or camping. Yearly, trips to hermit island the ocean and camping has felt like the truest thing to my heart. White mountain trips in New Hampshire as well. I just love being outdoors and more recently then not can find me out ice fishing.
So I think because I was brought up camping, hunting and fishing in our Boston whaler with my father and having dogs in my life I have a true love for being away from everything and everyone. Politically I stand conservative and am very proud to support trump and really only follow info wars, and tucker on fox. I have a bachelors degree in criminal justice from Westfield state. Although, I do not use my degree I love at a young age being so interested in the constitution and the rule of law. Currently, besides my currently job I am trying to purchase everything I need to open a Etsy shop and rent out my home ( which I did a 15 year mortgage) now I only owe 8 years however plan to pay it off sooner and plan to use the Etsy and my rent to travel to different locations because we have some many beautiful places right in our own backyard.
By adding this , my only hope is to find like minded individuals in the north east that I can get together with , maybe share a treehouse beer and plan the next big trip. I will never be pavement princess and have worked far too hard to get my rig to where it is today.
So about my rig; she is named Beatrice after my amazing grandmother who is 95 and still kicking. I am a dork for naming my rig and I’m fine w that . So Beatrice is a Tacoma 2011 trd sport double cab longbed. Purchased last year in July and immediately was a recipient of a new frame by Toyota. This took some time for Toyota to order the frame and during that time had the chance to drive a 2019 trd sport which to be honest I really rather then popular opinion other then the bells and whistles felt the ride was a lot better w the second edition. My own feeling may have something to do w gearing but I don’t want to get off topic. Anyways, I had Toyota put on upper control arms by jba high casters, diff drop, bilstein 6112 on fourth notch and 5160 in the back. Also, rxt leaf springs, Gibson exhaust, mountain hatch and method 703 w wildpeak 265/70r17 then I got the truck back. I waited more then I would have to do cmc however now done and piece welded in from Mobtown off road. After that, did alpha Uptop overlands roof rack, extreme led light bars and victory 4x4 strike aluminum bumper. One of my favorite add on has been my Mobtown overland bars which are amazing for throwing my kayak or now during this time of year my ice fishing sled up on. Also, put on tarno toolbox cover, bed carpet, have the genesis duel battery and have learned a lot about wiring my vehicle for what I have done. Along w a fridge from Costco that has been a game changer and yesterday purchased from group buy on Tacoma world rci , front skid plate and finally sliders. Pictures to come near future, but my only hope again is to become part of the family that is overland bound and hopefully am confident that people w accept me. I appreciate nature and always leave a area more clean then when I first arrived to it. I hope I can find people in the north east to make my next adventure on and I could not be happier to be part of overland bound . Happy I pulled the trigger this morning to join and made my first purchase of a sweat shirt !!
Lastly, I have more experience w camping , rather then w my vehicle and i strongly believe w the right group to meet out w I will not have anything but lasting memories for years to come . Thanks for everyone taking the time to read about me and for welcoming me the family formerly known as overland bound

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mark and Teresa here, 2013 JKU Jeep Wrangler - our

After a ground tent and back of the pick up tent, we built a homebrew off road capable trailer to carry the gear where we want to go. Last year took us from Oregon to Canada via the Washington State Back Road Discovery Route (WABDR) around 600 milesish off road. Several trips into the back country of Central Washington, down into Arizona across Oregon, Idaho and Utah and Nevada and California on the return.

Many lessons were learned putting it all together and logging countless miles and nights in the roof top tent. Lessons that will transfer over to the next build, which hopefully we will trim 1000 pounds or more from the next one. This year we also got a new addition to the pack... currently 10 months and 93 pound fur missile German Shepherd that loves to ride in the jeep and loves to sleep in the roof top tent! This last trip he was too heavy for me to pack up and down the ladder so we put his crate in the annex room.

Nice to be here and shout out a hey on the drive by.View attachment 186969View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186972View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186972
Welcome to Overland Bound Mar and Teresa
I like the description of your rig, "get to anywhere we want to go rig!" That's my theory also.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Mark and Teresa

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 186906
Greeting Overlanders!
My name is Sergio I am a new member #26640 and this is my very brief into:
First things first, behold, my 2021 TrdPro 4Runner in Lunar Rock! I took deliver of it in October and it had a full 1 mile on it.
I reside in the Pittsburgh, PA vicinity and I just started to venture (back) into the overloading domain.
I am super, super glad to have stumbled on this forum, thanks to YouTube.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can over the coming years to exchange stories but mostly to learn.
Enough of the I statements.
Rock-On!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sergio
I like the color of your rig, I don't think I have seen that one yet
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael “Txcigarcop” my 01 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 home base is Dallas,TX. I’ve been camping for close to 20 years and officially overlanding for the last 5 or so years. I have an intermediate level of off-roading and outdoor skills.
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all - new member here.

Located in Central Ohio and looking forward to testing out my 2011 Land Rover Discovery 4 where I can.

While new to this definition of Overlanding, I am experienced in camping, hiking, back country driving in past military time.

Happy to be here - Lex
Welcome to Overland Bound Lex
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Lex

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Mark and Teresa here, 2013 JKU Jeep Wrangler - our get to anywhere we want to go rig!

After a ground tent and back of the pick up tent, we built a homebrew off road capable trailer to carry the gear where we want to go. Last year took us from Oregon to Canada via the Washington State Back Road Discovery Route (WABDR) around 600 milesish off road. Several trips into the back country of Central Washington, down into Arizona across Oregon, Idaho and Utah and Nevada and California on the return.

Many lessons were learned putting it all together and logging countless miles and nights in the roof top tent. Lessons that will transfer over to the next build, which hopefully we will trim 1000 pounds or more from the next one. This year we also got a new addition to the pack... currently 10 months and 93 pound fur missile German Shepherd that loves to ride in the jeep and loves to sleep in the roof top tent! This last trip he was too heavy for me to pack up and down the ladder so we put his crate in the annex room.

Nice to be here and shout out a hey on the drive by.View attachment 186969View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186972View attachment 186969View attachment 186970View attachment 186971View attachment 186972
Hello Mark and Teresa, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all,
My name is Andreas.
Living in Vancouver, BC
My Rig(s): ‘95 Landrover Discovery 1 (all stock),and newly acquired ‘08 Landrover LR3 HSE (all stock).
Hello Andreas, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Amadreas

Rank IV

Contributor III

324 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Y 3L2, Canada
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Brade
Member #

Hello all,
My name is Andreas.
Living in Vancouver, BC
Welcome to Overland Bound Andeas
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

legrena

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Kyriakis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Veteran
View attachment 186906
Greeting Overlanders!
My name is Sergio I am a new member #26640 and this is my very brief into:
First things first, behold, my 2021 TrdPro 4Runner in Lunar Rock! I took deliver of it in October and it had a full 1 mile on it.
I reside in the Pittsburgh, PA vicinity and I just started to venture (back) into the overloading domain.
I am super, super glad to have stumbled on this forum, thanks to YouTube.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can over the coming years to exchange stories but mostly to learn.
Enough of the I statements.
Rock-On!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sergio
I like the color of your rig, I don't think I have seen that one yet
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Thanks, Kent! It was lunar rock or white. I went with the special color. Wife likes it so you know how that goes.

eriefisher

Rank III

Advocate I

Southern Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
LaForme
Hey all! eriefisher here. I live about an hour west of Niagara/Buffalo between the lakes(Ontario and Erie) in Southern Ontario, Canada. Other than some semi regular road trips it's been a while since I've done any serious overlanding, at least off road anyway. I am recently retired/declared disabled, so I have started to take my passion of fly fishing to another level and overlanding will been the means by which it happens. Although it was something i did participate in when younger I won't likely be rock crawling or mud bogging but after the initial road drive I will be heading into the wilderness. Likely alone most of the time.
My current vehicle is a 2014 Nissan Titan SV King Cab with about 225k(140000mile). Really good condition and extremely well maintained. I will be scouring the forum for ideas about outfitting it better but right now other than a cap she's bare bones stock. Any suggestions let me know please.
My main goal this year is to drive west the the Columbia and Skeena river systems in B.C. to meet up with some friends and catch a few steelhead. This will be of course after I try and exhaust all the options here in the land of lakes(this likely will never happen).

Anyway, glad to be here,
Dan

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to post a pic of my rig.
20210130_145349.jpg

TK-421

Rank III

Enthusiast II

East Aurora, NY, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Wenner
Member #

Hello there. I'm new to the forum as well. I live about 45 Min SE of Niagara Falls.

I've hunted bear in Ontario and caribou way up in Quebec by the Hudson Bay (24 hour drive N of Buffalo) ... and went scuba diving in Tobermory...great shipwrecks there.

My wife and I want to do some overland exploring now.
If you know of any good overlanding type drives/trails/trips nearby, please let me know.

4 Runner is a bit dirty at the moment.....

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all! eriefisher here. I live about an hour west of Niagara/Buffalo between the lakes(Ontario and Erie) in Southern Ontario, Canada. Other than some semi regular road trips it's been a while since I've done any serious overlanding, at least off road anyway. I am recently retired/declared disabled, so I have started to take my passion of fly fishing to another level and overlanding will been the means by which it happens. Although it was something i did participate in when younger I won't likely be rock crawling or mud bogging but after the initial road drive I will be heading into the wilderness. Likely alone most of the time.
My current vehicle is a 2014 Nissan Titan SV King Cab with about 225k(140000mile). Really good condition and extremely well maintained. I will be scouring the forum for ideas about outfitting it better but right now other than a cap she's bare bones stock. Any suggestions let me know please.
My main goal this year is to drive west the the Columbia and Skeena river systems in B.C. to meet up with some friends and catch a few steelhead. This will be of course after I try and exhaust all the options here in the land of lakes(this likely will never happen).

Anyway, glad to be here,
Dan

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to post a pic of my rig.
View attachment 187089
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice and be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, you can get tons of ideas just by seeing what other members have done to their rigs.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello there. I'm new to the forum as well. I live about 45 Min SE of Niagara Falls.

I've hunted bear in Ontario and caribou way up in Quebec by the Hudson Bay (24 hour drive N of Buffalo) ... and went scuba diving in Tobermory...great shipwrecks there.

My wife and I want to do some overland exploring now.
If you know of any good overlanding type drives/trails/trips nearby, please let me know.

4 Runner is a bit dirty at the moment.....
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice and be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there are many ways to outfit your rig, you just might find some inspiration there.

eriefisher

Rank III

Advocate I

Southern Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
LaForme
That's some hard driving. 24hrs to Hudson bay is a good haul.
There isn't much in the way of good trail close by here but in and around Ottawa/Mattawa and through the Kawartha's there are some maintained trails. Many of the trails I used to run on many years ago no longer exist. Instead we have condos, great! I will let you know what I come up with.

Reactions: TK-421 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the overlanding culture but not to the off-road world. Looking forward to learning with y’all and enjoying the outdoors with our vehicles!

I drive a 1997 Chevy Z71, could still use more accessories to be more survivable
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there is inspiration at every turn, just waiting to be discovered, I know I got quite a few really good ideas from other members.

Sethcnelson

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6SCN
Hello fellow Overlanders! I just got started last summer and setup my 2018 Dodge Durango RWD with a rooftop tent for camping with the kids. I’ve expanded my fleet to a 1981 Shasta Class C 22’ RV which will be my main rig with the little kids. Still renovating it but I’m so excited to get back out there (between the CA wildfires and COVID limitations we’ve been so couped up!!)

Cheers!

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: Ford F150 4x4 with Decked system storage. Have put down a deposit on an AntiShanty Pro for July 2020 delivery. Midnight Ranch Hand front bumper on order.
Experience: Camping, small trailer, and truck camper. Am scheduled to take a 2 day basic off-roading course from Badlands Offroad Adventures in a couple of weeks.
Plans: Fluid. Probably closer to boon docking and moderate off-pavement. Alternate with international travel when Covid lifts.
Married. Retired.
95 pound Boxer that hunts pheasants.
Walk 4 to 6 miles a day and lift weights.
Hobbies: figure drawing and painting, cooking.
Have certifications in RV maintenance and RV electrical earned after I retired.
Hoping to avoid RV paid campgrounds as much as possible...prefer friends or just by myself (wife optional, dog required). View attachment 186819
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse the New Member thread. They contain some great information and will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and possible training opportunities.

Looking forward to meeting you out on the trail.

P.S. great looking dog, we have a Boxer as well. They are great travel buddies. Ours loves to go on trips with us.6A6BEED9-6645-41FC-80B9-2C4376870370.jpg

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders! I just got started last summer and setup my 2018 Dodge Durango RWD with a rooftop tent for camping with the kids. I’ve expanded my fleet to a 1981 Shasta Class C 22’ RV which will be my main rig with the little kids. Still renovating it but I’m so excited to get back out there (between the CA wildfires and COVID limitations we’ve been so couped up!!)

Cheers!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.