Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2016 F-150 XLT 4X
Experience: Absolute Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name in jay
I drive a 04 tj rubicon
Was rebuilt in 17 by Davis autosports in Va
Everything was upgraded
Just ordered a gobi rack for it
I know there is much I need to do to prepare for the return to the north Maine woods but it's awesome there
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi my name is Zane and me and I’ve always wanted to get into overlanding and me and my girlfriend finally began building our rig and are going on more adventures and have loved every minute of our trips. Got on here to get some help as well as advice on trips and to get out and meet new people who enjoy building and adventuring as much as we do!

Our rig is a good old 95 Toyota 4runner
Currently on stock suspension with 31in wrangler mud terrains.
It’s a 5spd manual v6 that has been pretty reliable so far. Truck was sold in washington state so he has a few rough spots that I plan to work on.
We just recently installed our new roam adventuring awning had absolutely love it.

We have a lot of plans for the future and I look forward to hearing from you all and getting advice when the time comes!
Thanks.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice, be sure,to check out the vehicle build threads in the forums too, you can find all sorts of good ideas to incorporate into your own rig.

Reactions: Kent R

ej23

Rank I

Contributor III

Portland, OR 97224, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Ross
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7TMB
New member here for a while, just getting around to intro. I've doing the remote car camping thing for many years. It started as hunting and fishing with my dad, progressed into trips with my friends in school, then became a way to get close to places to climb and backpack occasionally. Typically it was more about the destination than the journey. Over the years I have had 1984 Toyota Pickup, an 1985 XJ Cherokee, a 1995 YJ which I daily drove for years, then lifted and did a lot of trails in the Northwest, including the Rubicon in 2006. Our first child came in 2007 and the off road miles started to taper off. Some years went by where the Jeep barely moved, I got it out for a few last trips and then sold it a few years back. Currently, my truck for adventures is my 2003 Tundra which I have had since 2012. It's only been in the last year that I have really done anything to it other than throw a tent in the back and go.. In 2020 I did the WABDR in 2 parts, and Route 3 in Oregon. It was for that trip that I did things like make sleeping platform, add an awning, a little suspension, etc.. and started into this new world of overlanding. Hoping in 2021 to get a couple 5+ day trips and many 3 day trips in

eta: Name is Ed

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

New member here for a while, just getting around to intro. I've doing the remote car camping thing for many years. It started as hunting and fishing with my dad, progressed into trips with my friends in school, then became a way to get close to places to climb and backpack occasionally. Typically it was more about the destination than the journey. Over the years I have had 1984 Toyota Pickup, an 1985 XJ Cherokee, a 1995 YJ which I daily drove for years, then lifted and did a lot of trails in the Northwest, including the Rubicon in 2006. Our first child came in 2007 and the off road miles started to taper off. Some years went by where the Jeep barely moved, I got it out for a few last trips and then sold it a few years back. Currently, my truck for adventures is my 2003 Tundra which I have had since 2012. It's only been in the last year that I have really done anything to it other than throw a tent in the back and go.. In 2020 I did the WABDR in 2 parts, and Route 3 in Oregon. It was for that trip that I did things like make sleeping platform, add an awning, a little suspension, etc.. and started into this new world of overlanding. Hoping in 2021 to get a couple 5+ day trips and many 3 day trips in

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build treads, you can find all sorts of ideas to incorporate into your build.

RodgerS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Rodger
Last Name
Schuester
Rig: Ford F150 4x4 with Decked system storage. Have put down a deposit on an AntiShanty Pro for July 2020 delivery. Midnight Ranch Hand front bumper on order.
Experience: Camping, small trailer, and truck camper. Am scheduled to take a 2 day basic off-roading course from Badlands Offroad Adventures in a couple of weeks.
Plans: Fluid. Probably closer to boon docking and moderate off-pavement. Alternate with international travel when Covid lifts.
Married. Retired.
95 pound Boxer that hunts pheasants.
Walk 4 to 6 miles a day and lift weights.
Hobbies: figure drawing and painting, cooking.
Have certifications in RV maintenance and RV electrical earned after I retired.
Hoping to avoid RV paid campgrounds as much as possible...prefer friends or just by myself (wife optional, dog required). tempImageQKb9Lk.png

Dave Lay

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Russellville, Arkansas 72802, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lay
Member #

I guess I’m the new guy here, I’m Dave Lay from Russellville AR. I have a couple rigs, well 3 actually I guess, my long distance hauler is my 2001 100 series cruiser, kinda built with 250k miles so it’s just getting broken in. I do my trips west in it, and some easier local stuff , it’s just hard to beat it’s comfort , capability and reliability .
then I have a 1996 jeep XJ it’s on 35,s locked and geared and modded for the tougher stuff around here. And then there’s my 2002 Toyota Tundra, It’s my daily driver and it’s pretty stock except a camper shell I can sleep in on the trips where I’m able to take it. Over the years, I’ve had several Broncos, jeeps , and misc 4wd trucks but at heart I’m a toyota guy, mainly landcruisers, I’ve had several 40’s a 60 series and my current 100
I suppose I’d be considered experienced, Ive been doing this car camping stuff for 35 years or so, and I have a terrible wanderlust problem. I usually get out exploring at least some every week and do several local multiple day trips a year with at least one long west trip a year if I can afford it. I’ve been in 4 wd vehicles all my life, from exploring back country to extreme rock crawling. I regained my senses and left the rock crawling world about 10 years ago. My passion now is exploring my home state and running out to Utah or Colorado or other western states when I can and hopefully as remote as possible and for 2-3 weeks at a time . I’d love to meet up with folks that share similar interests , it’s hard to get some of my buddies out much any more..799C20AB-C65F-493F-A865-A04574F7CD37.jpeg3F29F3E0-EDC5-4CC6-B1FD-C83DDC7654F4.jpeg0E451E06-82B6-4990-AD53-0D90AE7D7DA6.jpeg

Last edited:

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: Ford F150 4x4 with Decked system storage. Have put down a deposit on an AntiShanty Pro for July 2020 delivery. Midnight Ranch Hand front bumper on order.
Experience: Camping, small trailer, and truck camper. Am scheduled to take a 2 day basic off-roading course from Badlands Offroad Adventures in a couple of weeks.
Plans: Fluid. Probably closer to boon docking and moderate off-pavement. Alternate with international travel when Covid lifts.
Married. Retired.
Hoping to avoid RV paid campgrounds as much as possible...prefer friends or just by myself (wife optional, dog required). View attachment 186819
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I guess I’m the new guy here, I’m Dave Lay from Russellville AR. I have a couple rigs, well 3 actually I guess, my long distance hauler is my 2001 100 series cruiser, kinda built with 250k miles so it’s just getting broken in. I do my trips west in it, and some easier local stuff , it’s just hard to beat it’s comfort , capability and reliability .
then I have a 1996 jeep XJ it’s on 35,s locked and geared and modded for the tougher stuff around here. And then there’s my 2002 Toyota Tundra, It’s my daily driver and it’s pretty stock except a camper shell I can sleep in on the trips where I’m able to take it. Over the years, I’ve had several Broncos, jeeps , and misc 4wd trucks but at heart I’m a toyota guy, mainly landcruisers, I’ve had several 40’s a 60 series and my current 100
I suppose I’d be considered experienced, Ive been doing this car camping stuff for 35 years or so, and I have a terrible wanderlust problem. I usually get out exploring at least some every week and do several local multiple day trips a year with at least one long west trip a year if I can afford it. I’ve been in 4 wd vehicles all my life, from exploring back country to extreme rock crawling. I regained my senses and left the rock crawling world about 10 years ago. My passion now is exploring my home state and running out to Utah or Colorado or other western states when I can and hopefully as remote as possible and for 2-3 weeks at a time . I’d love to meet up with folks that share similar interests , it’s hard to get some of my buddies out much any more..View attachment 186821View attachment 186822View attachment 186824
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Dave Lay and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello Ed , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: legrena and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brad from New Jersey,USA

2014 Nissan Xterra X
Bilstein 5100’s
All Dogs Off-road medium lift springs
Nisstec lift shackles
Timbren Off-road bumpstops
33” KO2’s
ARB Awning
Baofeng BF8HP
Gaia GPS/Garmin 401
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I suppose I’d be considered experienced, Ive been doing this car camping stuff for 35 years or so, and I have a terrible wanderlust problem. I usually get out exploring at least some every week and do several local multiple day trips a year with at least one long west trip a year if I can afford it. I’ve been in 4 wd vehicles all my life, from exploring back country to extreme rock crawling. I regained my senses and left the rock crawling world about 10 years ago. My passion now is exploring my home state and running out to Utah or Colorado or other western states when I can and hopefully as remote as possible and for 2-3 weeks at a time . I’d love to meet up with folks that share similar interests , it’s hard to get some of my buddies out much any more..View attachment 186821View attachment 186822View attachment 186824
Welcome To Overland Bound Dave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark AR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Married. Retired.
Hoping to avoid RV paid campgrounds as much as possible...prefer friends or just by myself (wife optional, dog required). View attachment 186819
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Ed
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Welcome Dave!!!! Some good looking rigs you have there!!!! Let me know if you need anything!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from NE Oklahoma

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Married. Retired.
Looks like you have a great copilot.
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA