Member III

Seaside, California, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey everyone!
I’ll start off by mentioning that I live in California, specifically Monterey Bay. I have a loaded 2017 stick shift Tacoma named Possum and it was a stroke of pure luck to find.
I love nature, driving, and exploring, but I have no overlanding experience; thats’s something I’m looking forward to changing with all of you! I’m glad to be part of the family!

Driving it home for the first time:460BC429-ABA3-4F09-ABD4-93BB6BE1D754.jpeg
The tent opened up:FC38B196-0B5B-4CDD-AEE9-7F4BDA8CE178.jpeg
First “off-road” trail:50BA3BDC-5B93-4D9D-9EA2-3DA262DEC6D2.jpeg

ChrisWRF

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Madison Mississippi
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Name is Chris Brown and I live in Madison Mississippi. I off-road right now but I haven't overlanded yet. I am actually looking at getting a vehicle for this and building a trailer. I love to camp but haven't done it in a long time because I work a lot, so I'm working on trying to get some break away time and clear my head.

Anyway I look forward to learning more while reading this forum.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey..My name is Charlie. Located in Greenville, SC. Glad to be a part of the family!

View attachment 186725

1994 Land Cruiser Triple Locked
Greenville, SC

Yes she gets dirty :) We head about 1 to 2 times a month in the south east. Fairly new in overlanding (2020)..Use to trek in and hammock camp...Spent about 2months converting this LC from stock to what you see now. Would love to make it out West this year. Look forward to running in to you guys on the trail.

CC
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone!
I’ll start off by mentioning that I live in California, specifically Monterey Bay. I have a loaded 2017 stick shift Tacoma named Possum and it was a stroke of pure luck to find.
I love nature, driving, and exploring, but I have no overlanding experience; thats’s something I’m looking forward to changing with all of you! I’m glad to be part of the family!

Driving it home for the first time:View attachment 186722
The tent opened up:View attachment 186723
First “off-road” trail:View attachment 186724
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Very nice rig, you should post pictures in the build threads.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Name is Chris Brown and I live in Madison Mississippi. I off-road right now but I haven't overlanded yet. I am actually looking at getting a vehicle for this and building a trailer. I love to camp but haven't done it in a long time because I work a lot, so I'm working on trying to get some break away time and clear my head.

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. I am very familiar with Madison, I dated a girl that lived there when I lived in Brandon.

Reactions: Kent R and ChrisWRF

The Possum

Rank III

Member III

Seaside, California, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Very nice rig, you should post pictures in the build threads.
I'm gonna check them out now, thanks for the advice!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy,

Located in Los Angeles area and just picked up a Rebel to start my overlanding adventure. Been a long time watcher of Overland Bound so I figured I'd join the community now that I'm starting the hobby for reals.

Rig: 2021 Ram Rebel
Experience: Fairly new to overlanding, long time backpacker

View attachment 186665
Took the truck out for a trip to Holcomb Valley the first weekend I had it just to see how it did.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Welcome To Overland Bound Chris
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Great looking set up.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: The Possum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey..My name is Charlie. Located in Greenville, SC. Glad to be a part of the family!

View attachment 186725

Greenville, SC

Yes she gets dirty :) We head about 1 to 2 times a month in the south east. Fairly new in overlanding (2020)..Use to trek in and hammock camp...Spent about 2months converting this LC from stock to what you see now. Would love to make it out West this year. Look forward to running in to you guys on the trail.

CC
Welcome To Overland Bound Charlie
Good looking rig
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Chris. Currently in San Lorenzo Ca. but lived most of my life in Oakland. My fiancé and I enjoy a 2020 Subaru Ascent. I talked her into a few upgrades.
LP Adventure 2” Lift
Black Rhino Wheels
BFG KO2’s
Prinsu Rack
Autohome RTT
Baja Designs Light Bar

We spend at least a week @ JTNP a year where we like to hit some dirt roads. I’m very familiar with camping but we are looking forward to putting in more miles and hopefully see the Mohave Road at some point this year.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chis.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Ascent510

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey everyone!

Welcome!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi my name is Chris. Currently in San Lorenzo Ca. but lived most of my life in Oakland. My fiancé and I enjoy a 2020 Subaru Ascent. I talked her into a few upgrades.
LP Adventure 2” Lift
Black Rhino Wheels
BFG KO2’s
Prinsu Rack
Autohome RTT
Baja Designs Light Bar

We spend at least a week @ JTNP a year where we like to hit some dirt roads. I’m very familiar with camping but we are looking forward to putting in more miles and hopefully see the Mohave Road at some point this year.
Hi Chris
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be February 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

View attachment 186725

Greenville, SC

CC
Welcome To Overland Bound Charlie
Good looking rig
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Welcome from Arkansas!!!

Jay McCarthy

Rank III

Member III

Millis, MA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
McCarthy
Member #

Hi everyone, my name in jay
I drive a 04 tj rubicon
Was rebuilt in 17 by Davis autosports in Va
Everything was upgraded
Just ordered a gobi rack for it
I know there is much I need to do to prepare for the return to the north Maine woods but it's awesome there

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone, my name in jay
I drive a 04 tj rubicon
Was rebuilt in 17 by Davis autosports in Va
Everything was upgraded
Just ordered a gobi rack for it
I know there is much I need to do to prepare for the return to the north Maine woods but it's awesome there
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice and check out the vehicle build threads, hey can provide inspiration in your build, I know I have gotten several ideas from checking out what other members have done to their rigs.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 2016 F-150 XLT 4X
Experience: Absolute Novice
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Also, be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, you can get ideas for your build from what other members have done to their rigs.

Reactions: Kent R and K3n-IN

Zane&kait

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Montgomery County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Zane
Last Name
Oliphant
Member #

Hi my name is Zane and me and I’ve always wanted to get into overlanding and me and my girlfriend finally began building our rig and are going on more adventures and have loved every minute of our trips. Got on here to get some help as well as advice on trips and to get out and meet new people who enjoy building and adventuring as much as we do!

Our rig is a good old 95 Toyota 4runner
Currently on stock suspension with 31in wrangler mud terrains.
It’s a 5spd manual v6 that has been pretty reliable so far. Truck was sold in washington state so he has a few rough spots that I plan to work on.
We just recently installed our new roam adventuring awning had absolutely love it.

We have a lot of plans for the future and I look forward to hearing from you all and getting advice when the time comes!
Thanks.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Zane and me and I’ve always wanted to get into overlanding and me and my girlfriend finally began building our rig and are going on more adventures and have loved every minute of our trips. Got on here to get some help as well as advice on trips and to get out and meet new people who enjoy building and adventuring as much as we do!

Our rig is a good old 95 Toyota 4runner
Currently on stock suspension with 31in wrangler mud terrains.
It’s a 5spd manual v6 that has been pretty reliable so far. Truck was sold in washington state so he has a few rough spots that I plan to work on.
We just recently installed our new roam adventuring awning had absolutely love it.

We have a lot of plans for the future and I look forward to hearing from you all and getting advice when the time comes!
Thanks.
Welcome To Overland Bound Zane
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY