Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy all, my name is Dennis.
i’m from the Portland OR area. I drive a 2003 subaru forester that i am slowly trying to make into a capable little rig!

i haven’t been able to do much overlanding myself. but i have many people close to me who have and h
i’m from the Portland OR area. I drive a 2003 subaru forester that i am slowly trying to make into a capable little rig!

i haven’t been able to do much overlanding myself. but i have many people close to me who have and hoping to learn :)
oping to learn :)
Hello Fennis, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Kent R

Sean C

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
sean
Last Name
chandler
Member #

i haven’t been able to do much overlanding myself. but i have many people close to me who have and hoping to learn :)
You should check out ‘softroading the west’ on YouTube a lot of good info for the forester community

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Sisters, Deschutes County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK
Looking forward to joining the group, I own an FJ40 here in Idaho
Welcome to the family. I own an FJ40 and live over here in Central Oregon. Unfortunately, my beloved rig is with a fabricator back in CA getting several new mods. Long story why it is in CA and not OR. It will be here soon enough for me to enjoy all the trails around Central Oregon. Be Safe and stay adventurous.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone
I’m new to Overland Bound One
I’m in the canyon city Colorado area in my unit is a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. I’m excited to start this new adventure adventure in life to see where it takes me.
Welcome to the OB crew, head over to the Boot Camp threads in the forums to get some good pointers on how best to get started on your overlanding adventure. Ask questions, our experienced overlanders are here to answer your questions and offer advice.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone
I’m in the canyon city Colorado area in my unit is a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. I’m excited to start this new adventure adventure in life to see where it takes me.
I used to live in Canyon City and worked for Mike Apple. I have family there in CC, Westcliff, Penrose, and Colorado Springs Still.
You have a lot of great places to explore just out of town. I used to love going out Redrock Road and also over to the hog backs before that became illegal.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all,

I‘m Vince. I enjoy getting lost... literally... and finding my way back. Since leaving WA 4 years ago... I’ve done little to no off road exploring.

I am currently working on building up my 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP.

We’re currently in Illinois awaiting retirement in a few more years and trying to figure where to plant ourselves...... back in the PNW or down east????? The mountains are always calling name....

View attachment 185285
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Reactions: 9Mike2

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

I'm Josh, I recently moved to San Jose, CA from the Dallas, TX Area.

Rig is a 2016 Tacoma DCLB, pretty well outfitted...only armor I don't have yet is a rear bumper as I have yet to lose my stock bumper on the trail...

Been overlanding for 4 years now. I enjoy getting out off the beaten path and my travels have led me to take up photography as a hobby to try and capture all of these beautiful places...the forum won't let me upload any good quality photos due to size limitations, so here's a quick iPhone shot on my recent snowboarding trip in the Truckee area overlooking Donner lake.

I'll be taking my HAM tech test in about a month, so no call sign as of yet.

I'm lookin forward to exploring more in California as there's lots within a reasonable drive vs when I was living in Dallas.
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh,
You will find it much easier to get out and find adventure in the west.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello everyone

Welcome from Pueblo West, @Justinwrains.

We just had a trip in your area a week ago. Wish you could have been there!

Have you ever been to Texas Creek OHV during the winter? I was thinking of planning a Feb trip there.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi All!

I'm Josh, I recently moved to San Jose, CA from the Dallas, TX Area.

Rig is a 2016 Tacoma DCLB, pretty well outfitted...only armor I don't have yet is a rear bumper as I have yet to lose my stock bumper on the trail...

Been overlanding for 4 years now. I enjoy getting out off the beaten path and my travels have led me to take up photography as a hobby to try and capture all of these beautiful places...the forum won't let me upload any good quality photos due to size limitations, so here's a quick iPhone shot on my recent snowboarding trip in the Truckee area overlooking Donner lake.

I'll be taking my HAM tech test in about a month, so no call sign as of yet.

I'm lookin forward to exploring more in California as there's lots within a reasonable drive vs when I was living in Dallas.
Hey Josh

Welcome to the area. I’m sure you are finding there is such a wide range of locations to go out here. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be Feb 14th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi to all you new OB members!
I just posted up a rally point to a reoccurring call we do up here in the Inland Northwest.
The call is on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:30pm Pacific.
Topics vary, but I thought this would be a good topic for anyone new to overlanding.
RSVP here on the Rally Point Page: What do I REALLY need ??
Calling in works, but I do screen share quite a bit of information.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

International dial-in numbers: FreeConferenceCall.com

Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando

Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com

For additional assistance connecting to the meeting text "Call Me" to the Dial-In number above and you will be called into the conference. Message and data rates may apply.

dbkurth

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wever, IA, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Kurth
Hi there!
I'm Dale from the Southeastern corner of Iowa
My rig is a 2003 Honda Element. Keeping it sort of stock with fun additions to get down the road.
I am a novice at Overlanding. I have chased adventure racers around the backroads, BLM roads, and forestry roads around the country. I have camped at the corner of the middle of nowhere and the road to nowhere.
My wife thinks I have a problem. I have a tendency to ask, "I wonder where this road goes?" Then I find out.
This summer I am packing up and going. Colorado, Utah, Nevada and Cali. Might even attempt to clime a California 14er.
Would be interested in finding out where folks go around the tri-state area.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I have a 2011 jeep rubicon
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads in the forums where you will find tons of useful information. Ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are willing to share their knowledge and offer advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi there!
I'm Dale from the Southeastern corner of Iowa
My rig is a 2003 Honda Element. Keeping it sort of stock with fun additions to get down the road.
I am a novice at Overlanding. I have chased adventure racers around the backroads, BLM roads, and forestry roads around the country. I have camped at the corner of the middle of nowhere and the road to nowhere.
My wife thinks I have a problem. I have a tendency to ask, "I wonder where this road goes?" Then I find out.
This summer I am packing up and going. Colorado, Utah, Nevada and Cali. Might even attempt to clime a California 14er.
Would be interested in finding out where folks go around the tri-state area.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you “wonder where that road goes” around here, you will fit right in. To get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads where you will find tons of useful information. Be sure to ask questions, our experienced members share their knowledge and advice. I’m not sure how many other members drive an Element, but in the vehicle build threads you can ask what others are doing and get tips and tricks for your build.
p.s. There is a group of us running the TAT this summer, you can find out more info HERE: US East - Running the Trans America Trail (TAT) from WV to the OR coast