Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Coats
Member #

Hello All! I guess this is where I start.
My name is Brad I’m from Brentwood, Ca
Currently have a 2020 Tacoma Trd Pro 6 Speed
Mods: cornfed suspension 1.5” leveling up front, add a leaf in rear, Mud Trad 16” wheels, 33” wildpeak AT3, Rci mid height bed rack, Tuff stuff RTT, prinsu roof rack w/harbor freight boxes up top (the best). Cali Raised ditch lights/ and 42” light bar and WarFab rock sliders.
funny thing is I bought the pro thinking I wouldn’t touch it.. I was wrong. Future plans are King mid travel set up and full steel bumpers front and rear.
As far as experience this is my first 4x4 I’ve personally owned but I grew up off-roading a lot with other buddies. I’ve been able to tackle some tougher trails with my taco so far but I know I have much to learn so I’m eager to learn all I can from the OB community. BDB6D17F-41FD-4CD2-8CBE-D736D032477A.jpeg

Last edited:

Silverback_Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Gaines
Member #

Greetings Overland Bound Community!

Thank you SO MUCH, for the warm welcome! See you out on the trails!!
My name is James, and I am so excited to be a part of the community. Like most of you, I finally became a member after spending SO MUCH TIME living through the eyes of Lifestyle Overland, Overland Bound, and so many more names as the list can go on. Now... on to my build:

Home Base: Sacramento, Ca
Travel Range: Far
Platform: 2014 F150 XLT 302A Package 33 Gallon Fuel Tank Plus whatever I carry (~15 Gallons extra)
Drivetrain: 4x4 w/Rear Locking Differential (I MAY add a front locker... the more I think about it... the more likely it is to happen)
Engine: 3.5TT EcoBoost
Mods: aFe Cold Air Intake; Accel Coil Packs; Atturo Trailblazer 33s
In Progress: 3inch lift; Bull Bar with lights; Scene lighting; Windshield Pods; Rhino Rack Cross Bars; Reese Cargo Basket; Plus a full loadout inside. This truck is a beast... It's being built as a long-distance expedition rig.

Thanks again you all for making this community so great. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you out on the trail!

#silverbackstreetperformance
#silverbackoverland

IG: Silverback Street Performance
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Keep an eye on the member calendar and the Rally Points thread for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are great ways to get out and meet new people and learn new skills.

I look forward to meeting you out there in the near future.

Magic Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Silverback_Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Gaines
Member #

Greetings Overland Bound Community!

My name is James, and I am so excited to be a part of the community. Like most of you, I finally became a member after spending SO MUCH TIME living through the eyes of Lifestyle Overland, Overland Bound, and so many more names as the list can go on. Now... on to my build:

Home Base: Sacramento, Ca
Travel Range: Far
Platform: 2014 F150 XLT 302A Package 33 Gallon Fuel Tank Plus whatever I carry (~15 Gallons extra)
Drivetrain: 4x4 w/Rear Locking Differential (I MAY add a front locker... the more I think about it... the more likely it is to happen)
Engine: 3.5TT EcoBoost
Mods: aFe Cold Air Intake; Accel Coil Packs; Atturo Trailblazer 33s
In Progress: 3inch lift; Bull Bar with lights; Scene lighting; Windshield Pods; Rhino Rack Cross Bars; Reese Cargo Basket; Plus a full loadout inside. This truck is a beast... It's being built as a long-distance expedition rig.

Thanks again you all for making this community so great. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you out on the trail!

#silverbackstreetperformance
#silverbackoverland

IG: Silverback Street Performance
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

There are three local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
Gold Country Monthly Meetup - Overland Bound
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Thank you SO MUCH, for the warm welcome! See you out on the trails!!

Crissco83

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hi everyone! My name is Chris (#27720) and I am new to all of this but have always had a passion for the outdoors and traveling. I’m an Army veteran and located near Waco. I am currently overseas for work where I work on Patriot missile Launchers for my company. Currently on the hunt for an overlanding rig and leaning towards the trusty ol’ Jeep XJ. I have two Ram 1500s and currently gifted my oldest son with his first rig (98 XJ). We are excited to start traveling as a family and exploring. I’ve seen more of the world than I have the United States and I look to remedy that. Any advice and criticisms are welcome. Thank yall for everything you do and I look forward to meeting and helping the community!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone! My name is Chris (#27720) and I am new to all of this but have always had a passion for the outdoors and traveling. I’m an Army veteran and located near Waco. I am currently overseas for work where I work on Patriot missile Launchers for my company. Currently on the hunt for an overlanding rig and leaning towards the trusty ol’ Jeep XJ. I have two Ram 1500s and currently gifted my oldest son with his first rig (98 XJ). We are excited to start traveling as a family and exploring. I’ve seen more of the world than I have the United States and I look to remedy that. Any advice and criticisms are welcome. Thank yall for everything you do and I look forward to meeting and helping the community!
Welcome to the OB crew, there is a lot of interesting and exciting places to see, start a list.

Truckn

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1FTW
Hello Overland Bound Folks!

I'm very new to the Overlanding concept. My wife and I love hiking, camping and just about anything outdoors.
I just purchased a 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door. I also have a 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 that loves to get dirty.
I welcome any advice and especially trail recommendations near the San Francisco Bay Area.

I hope to learn a lot from all the experience on this forum!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I'm very new to the Overlanding concept. My wife and I love hiking, camping and just about anything outdoors.
I just purchased a 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door. I also have a 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 that loves to get dirty.
I welcome any advice and especially trail recommendations near the San Francisco Bay Area.

Welcome to the OB crew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
When you are home you are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mods: cornfed suspension 1.5” leveling up front, add a leaf in rear, Mud Trad 16” wheels, 33” wildpeak AT3, Rci mid height bed rack, Tuff stuff RTT, prinsu roof rack w/harbor freight boxes up top (the best). Cali Raised ditch lights/ and 42” light bar and WarFab rock sliders.
funny thing is I bought the pro thinking I wouldn’t touch it.. I was wrong. Future plans are King mid travel set up and full steel bumpers front and rear.
As far as experience this is my first 4x4 I’ve personally owned but I grew up off-roading a lot with other buddies. I’ve been able to tackle some tougher trails with my taco so far but I know I have much to learn so I’m eager to learn all I can from the OB community. View attachment 182501
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
As far as experience this is my first 4x4 I’ve personally owned but I grew up off-roading a lot with other buddies. I’ve been able to tackle some tougher trails with my taco so far but I know I have much to learn so I’m eager to learn all I can from the OB community. View attachment 182501
Great truck! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new guy here. My name is Kevin and while I’m new to the overlanding community, I’m not new to camping or traveling. I’m retired Army currently living in the PNW but will be relocating to Pensacola, FL in March when my wife Amber completes here career in the Navy. We have traveled all over the world and can’t wait to explore North America free of military restrictions. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU Willys that we purpose built over the past few months and it’s our first true overlanding rig. We look forward to freedom of movement and are excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community!
Welcome To Overland Bound Kevin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You will be iin the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

I joined in 2017 but I don't think I ever introduced myself. I live in AZ and have a 2018 Tacoma SR (which I love) and my first truck when I joined OB was a 2004 Tundra SR5.
My overlanding experience has only been used for paleontology so far. Not all of the scientists I work with have vehicles with good ground clearance, so I pack them in with me.
I'm also a sculptor so having a vehicle that can carry heavy materials is essential.
I hope everyone is having a good 2021 so far and in good health.
Welcome to the introduction page.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Christopher (@Crissco83 ), welcome from Oklahoma from a former grease monkey. XJs are nice little rigs, easy to work on.
We have meet ups in Round Rock and the DFW area pretty regularly, not all that close to you but then again in Texas close is a relative term.
Let me know if you have any questions.

JonnyAppleseed

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Francis
Hello! I'm Javier (go by Javi). Excited to be part of the community. I'm originally from NM where I use to do some overlanding a couple of decades ago, before I knew it was overlanding :) The pandemic has drawn me back outside and looking forward to new adventures this year.

Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ (stock)
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice
Man, I just sold my FJc for financial reasons after 4 years of ownership. It's a rock solid rig. it makes deep mud among other things boring. Post lots of pictures, and do enjoy!