Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Kent,

Thanks for the info! Great community here and looking forward to actively engaging.

When I look at your response, it looks like there are links, but I don't think they are working. I will look at Michael's Nuts and Bolts, but I also didn't see a presorted option for region in the forums. Maybe I just need to learn the tool better (which is awesome).

If you have any hints or suggestions I would certainly be interested.

Thanks again!

Chris
See DM

Reactions: Polaris Overland

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hello my name is Rick

Thanks for having me. For years I have been a bit of a extreme hiker, having hiked several hundred miles of the Continental Divide Trail; Pacific Crest Trail & John Muir Trails.

Being outdoors in nature is important to me. I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek, which will become my overlanding rig over-time.

While not novice to leave no trace behind, I am a noice when it comes to overlanding with vehicle.

Look forward to learning.

My roaming area is varied, I am currently in the USA, but frequently head back to Scotland.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick.
When you are in the US could you edit your location to match the general area you are in, this helps with notifications. And when you are in Scotland the Regional Director is @Polaris Overland and the closest Member Representative is @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Hi Rick, when your back in Scotland, be sure to give me a shout and we can see what we can get upto!

Flippo

Rank I

Traveler I

Birmingham, Al
First Name
Reed
Last Name
Flippo
Member #

Hey guys. My name is Reed Flippo - my buddies call me by my last name. I’m from Birmingham, Al, I’m 24yrs old and recently graduated from UAB with a degree in Healthcare Management. Thanks to COVID, jobs in my field are a little hard to come by right now. Luckily, I have an incredible relationship with the hospital where I interned at and they’re constantly working on putting something together so I can start working there. In the meantime, I’m continuing my landscaping service/business that I’ve been running since my freshman year of college.

My pops is the one that sparked my interest in overlanding. We’d go on camping/fishing trips in his T3 edition Tundra back in the day (he had a truck bed tent with a custom inflatable mattress - this is back in ‘03-‘04 and I was blown away when I started looking at sleeping arrangements for today’s vehicles). He’s a physician so he doesn’t have a crazy amount of free time but we’re hoping to take some trips in the near future.

I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie with the 3.0 Ecodiesel. My current mods are a 2.5” leveling kit, 35x12.50 BFG KO2, 2” wheel spacers, Craftsman full-sized toolbox, and a Hooke Road roof rack. I’ll be putting a 1.5” body lift here in a few days. The roof rack came with lights but they aren’t of the highest quality so I’ll also be changing those out sometime soon. I’m looking for ideas for my truck and hoping to find some people in my area. I’m also looking forward to learning from everyone’s experience, knowledge, and advice!

I’ll attach a picture of my rig.

Flippo

Attachments

Rambo1619

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Antioch, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I am #27721 Derek Edwards aka Rambo nickname from friends and family. I am a Army Combat Veteran.
I am from Antioch California.
I have a 2006, Nissan Titan SE. It has a 3in lift everything else stock 4x4 from Nissan. Great running truck even though it has 480000 miles on it. Keep it maintained and it takes care of you.
My experience is NOVICE I think. I have knowledge from the Army, a few trips with friends to the Rubicon (in their rigs), snow trips to Mormon Emigrant trail, and a few trails up by Nevada City. I know I lack in truck prep for sure one reason why I joined here (pool of knowledge and experience).

Attachments

XplornCA

Rank II

Contributor III

Long Beach, CA
First Name
Paola
Last Name
Ducoing
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Just got into Overlanding this year. I'm an avid camper, hiker, snowboarder and overall outdoorsy person so this just seems to fit my lifestyle.

Rig: Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 / Lift Coming Soon / Gobi Rack & Ladder / Method Wheels / BFGoodrich KO2 All-Season / Rago Molle Panels / Raptor Lights / Ironman 4X4 Awning / CaliRaised Rock Sliders
Experience: Easy trails around Joshua Tree, Big Bear and other local mountains, adding experience weekend by weekend

IMG_2381.JPG

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

Just got into Overlanding this year. I'm an avid camper, hiker, snowboarder and overall outdoorsy person so this just seems to fit my lifestyle.

Rig: Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 / Lift Coming Soon / Gobi Rack & Ladder / Method Wheels / BFGoodrich KO2 All-Season / Rago Molle Panels / Raptor Lights / Ironman 4X4 Awning / CaliRaised Rock Sliders
Experience: Easy trails around Joshua Tree, Big Bear and other local mountains, adding experience weekend by weekend

View attachment 182490
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sounds like you have a solid build started.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I am #27721 Derek Edwards aka Rambo nickname from friends and family. I am a Army Combat Veteran.
I have a 2006, Nissan Titan SE. It has a 3in lift everything else stock 4x4 from Nissan. Great running truck even though it has 480000 miles on it. Keep it maintained and it takes care of you.
My experience is NOVICE I think. I have knowledge from the Army, a few trips with friends to the Rubicon (in their rigs), snow trips to Mormon Emigrant trail, and a few trails up by Nevada City. I know I lack in truck prep for sure one reason why I joined here (pool of knowledge and experience).
Welcome to Overland Bound Derek, AKA Rambo
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Rambo1619

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Antioch, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Overland Bound Derek, AKA Rambo
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Awesome thank you

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys. My name is Reed Flippo - my buddies call me by my last name. I’m from Birmingham, Al, I’m 24yrs old and recently graduated from UAB with a degree in Healthcare Management. Thanks to COVID, jobs in my field are a little hard to come by right now. Luckily, I have an incredible relationship with the hospital where I interned at and they’re constantly working on putting something together so I can start working there. In the meantime, I’m continuing my landscaping service/business that I’ve been running since my freshman year of college.

My pops is the one that sparked my interest in overlanding. We’d go on camping/fishing trips in his T3 edition Tundra back in the day (he had a truck bed tent with a custom inflatable mattress - this is back in ‘03-‘04 and I was blown away when I started looking at sleeping arrangements for today’s vehicles). He’s a physician so he doesn’t have a crazy amount of free time but we’re hoping to take some trips in the near future.

I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie with the 3.0 Ecodiesel. My current mods are a 2.5” leveling kit, 35x12.50 BFG KO2, 2” wheel spacers, Craftsman full-sized toolbox, and a Hooke Road roof rack. I’ll be putting a 1.5” body lift here in a few days. The roof rack came with lights but they aren’t of the highest quality so I’ll also be changing those out sometime soon. I’m looking for ideas for my truck and hoping to find some people in my area. I’m also looking forward to learning from everyone’s experience, knowledge, and advice!

I’ll attach a picture of my rig.

Flippo
Welcome To Overland Bound Reed
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Contributor III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Borst
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I joined in 2017 but I don't think I ever introduced myself. I live in AZ and have a 2018 Tacoma SR (which I love) and my first truck when I joined OB was a 2004 Tundra SR5.
My overlanding experience has only been used for paleontology so far. Not all of the scientists I work with have vehicles with good ground clearance, so I pack them in with me.
I'm also a sculptor so having a vehicle that can carry heavy materials is essential.
I hope everyone is having a good 2021 so far and in good health.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

My names Sean, and I’m new to the community! Never had an overland rig, but really wanna start to slowly build one! I just purchased a 2018 Z71 Colorado and instantly turned on to all of the photos of people’s sweet rigs! See y’all out there!
Welcome to the OB crew sean

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Keep an eye on the member calendar and the Rally Points thread for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are great ways to get out and meet new people and learn new skills.

I look forward to meeting you out there in the near future.

Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings Overland Bound Community!

My name is James, and I am so excited to be a part of the community. Like most of you, I finally became a member after spending SO MUCH TIME living through the eyes of Lifestyle Overland, Overland Bound, and so many more names as the list can go on. Now... on to my build:

Home Base: Sacramento, Ca
Travel Range: Far
Platform: 2014 F150 XLT 302A Package 33 Gallon Fuel Tank Plus whatever I carry (~15 Gallons extra)
Drivetrain: 4x4 w/Rear Locking Differential (I MAY add a front locker... the more I think about it... the more likely it is to happen)
Engine: 3.5TT EcoBoost
Mods: aFe Cold Air Intake; Accel Coil Packs; Atturo Trailblazer 33s
In Progress: 3inch lift; Bull Bar with lights; Scene lighting; Windshield Pods; Rhino Rack Cross Bars; Reese Cargo Basket; Plus a full loadout inside. This truck is a beast... It's being built as a long-distance expedition rig.

Thanks again you all for making this community so great. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you out on the trail!

#silverbackstreetperformance
#silverbackoverland

IG: Silverback Street Performance
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Keep an eye on the member calendar and the Rally Points thread for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are great ways to get out and meet new people and learn new skills.

Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overland Bound community,

I'm new to this community, but not to outdoor adventures. Transitioning from "have backpack... will seek adventure" to "have capable 4x4... will explore with the family." Learned most of my skills in Colorado and Alaska and am now looking to share the outdoors with my 5 year old twins. Wife is not as keen with "roughing it" as I am, but the kiddos (5yr old twins) are in and with the right setup (vehicle/tent/adventure trailer) I think I can entice her to the "dark side."

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road Double Cab Long Bed
Recent Mods: King 2.5 Coilovers w/ Camburg UCAs in front, King 2.5 shocks and OME Medium Duty Leaf Springs in rear, Method MR703 wheels w/ 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires

Magic Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 182274 View attachment 182277
View attachment 182278 View attachment 182279
Hello everyone,

My name is Gabriel, born and raised out here in the desert south west (IV) right outside Borrego Springs, right over the SD Mountains. I have always been and active outdoorsman especially having such great destinations right in my backyard. After years of saving up I finally bought my first truck and riged up my 08 Silverado 1500. I usually venture to areas near bodies of water because I love fishing and also enjoy finding locations with great mountain biking trails or hiking. Would love to meet other overland bound members who enjoy doing such recreational activities.

Magic Mike

Rambo1619

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Antioch, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I joined in 2017 but I don't think I ever introduced myself. I live in AZ and have a 2018 Tacoma SR (which I love) and my first truck when I joined OB was a 2004 Tundra SR5.
My overlanding experience has only been used for paleontology so far. Not all of the scientists I work with have vehicles with good ground clearance, so I pack them in with me.
I'm also a sculptor so having a vehicle that can carry heavy materials is essential.
I hope everyone is having a good 2021 so far and in good health.
Awesome reason to overland going to a dig. Have fun be safe.

KMS1

Rank II

Contributor III

Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida, United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Shaffer
Member #

Hello all, new guy here. My name is Kevin and while I’m new to the overlanding community, I’m not new to camping or traveling. I’m retired Army currently living in the PNW but will be relocating to Pensacola, FL in March when my wife Amber completes here career in the Navy. We have traveled all over the world and can’t wait to explore North America free of military restrictions. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU Willys that we purpose built over the past few months and it’s our first true overlanding rig. We look forward to freedom of movement and are excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community!

Attachments

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone.

I am Mike.

View attachment 182446

I drive truck for a living, and waste my money on Hunting, Fishing, Camping gear, and buying my wife NEW 4Runners.

I have a lifted 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport w/ winch and front bumper, a Back Rack and a Decked Draw system.

I grew up in the Northern sections of the Western Provinces, NT and the Yukon.

Outdoors and camping was and has always been a lifestyle and not a hobby, so I have a fair amount of bush experience.

My rigging, winch and recovery experience is from Oil Field work as a driver operating Winch tractors and bed trucks( single steer and Tandem steer axles) and lumping for boom trucks and Cranes.

I am also a licensed Amateur radio Operator with my Basic, Advanced Licenses, and 5 word Code. I also hold Licenses in the Maritime and Aeronautical radio Service. I normally have my VHF/UHF and HF radios in my transport truck and Hang around on 14.300Mhz on HF, but currently my boss has me driving Demo trucks for the next few months so nothing installed right now.

Magic Mike