Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 182274 View attachment 182277
View attachment 182278 View attachment 182279
Hello everyone,

My name is Gabriel, born and raised out here in the desert south west (IV) right outside Borrego Springs, right over the SD Mountains. I have always been and active outdoorsman especially having such great destinations right in my backyard. After years of saving up I finally bought my first truck and riged up my 08 Silverado 1500. I usually venture to areas near bodies of water because I love fishing and also enjoy finding locations with great mountain biking trails or hiking. Would love to meet other overland bound members who enjoy doing such recreational activities.
Welcome to Overland Bound Gabriel
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi there,

I'm John, I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.

I've had many off-road rigs over the years, but never put 2 and 2 together and made an overland rig or made overland style trips, so while my off road skills somewhat apply, I'd still rate myself as "Novice". There seems to be so much more to this than simply off-roading.
My current rig: I just got it over the weekend, It's a 2003 Ford explorer XLT with the 4.6 v8 engine. I'll start a build thread soon. That way I hope to gain knowledge from others. I'll try and post pictures tonight.

I'm hoping to get a good enough start by the time the weather gets warm to be able to do the oklahoma leg of the Texas Epic Adventure Trail; so, starting somewhere around Tahlequah and ending around broken bow.

Thanks.
Welcome John! I’m in Tulsa too!
@Prerunner1982 and I the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of the community. My name is Clayton and I'm coming to you guys from Little Rock AR. My former rig was '12 Silverado...I say former as it was stolen 2 months ago and used for a joy ride that ended up with it being totaled. Past is the past right? On to bigger and better hopefully. Currently looking at a '11 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab, I think I will be pulling the trigger on it before the weeks out. Ready to start outfitting it and getting back out there. Looking forward to talking with you all and hopefully meeting up for a trail or two some time.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Clayton! Sorry to hear about your truck.

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My wife and I just moved to the PNW via NOLA. In the Seattle area.

2016 Toyota 4 Runner 2016 Trail Edition

New to overlanding and the PNW, but not so much the outdoors and camping.

I'd really like to get out and enjoy the area (ALL YEAR ROUND). I did most of the WABDR this summer and loved every second of it, but I'd enjoy a little more of challenge and more remote exploring.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone,

My name is Marco and live in Sparwood BC, Canada. I have been getting back into camping and exploring more since moving here two years ago. I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 that is pretty much stock with some larger 33” tires. Last year me and the wife added a rooftop tent for some more comfort. My goal is to just explore the wonderful BC mountains for now until travel is allowed again.

I am a novice at going back country travelling so taking it easy pushing my comfort level.

Cheers!
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My names Sean, and I’m new to the community! Never had an overland rig, but really wanna start to slowly build one! I just purchased a 2018 Z71 Colorado and instantly turned on to all of the photos of people’s sweet rigs! See y’all out there!
Hello Sea , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. Be sure to check into the Tri-Cities Club House

Mike Rose

Northwest Director

Overland Bound

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Hello everyone.

I am Mike.

DSCF1251.jpg

I drive truck for a living, and waste my money on Hunting, Fishing, Camping gear, and buying my wife NEW 4Runners.

I have a lifted 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport w/ winch and front bumper, a Back Rack and a Decked Draw system.

I grew up in the Northern sections of the Western Provinces, NT and the Yukon.

Outdoors and camping was and has always been a lifestyle and not a hobby, so I have a fair amount of bush experience.

My rigging, winch and recovery experience is from Oil Field work as a driver operating Winch tractors and bed trucks( single steer and Tandem steer axles) and lumping for boom trucks and Cranes.

I am also a licensed Amateur radio Operator with my Basic, Advanced Licenses, and 5 word Code. I also hold Licenses in the Maritime and Aeronautical radio Service. I normally have my VHF/UHF and HF radios in my transport truck and Hang around on 14.300Mhz on HF, but currently my boss has me driving Demo trucks for the next few months so nothing installed right now.

Last edited:

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I am new to the forum. I drive a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and live in South western Ontario. I m looking forward to enjoying the outdoors and fostering friendships as I explore North America. I am currently a "novice". I enjoy fishing,camping and hunting. I have my amateur radio license and have been active in the local club. Looking forward to enjoy the stories of others travels.

I heard a rumor you don't have the 2004 that your husband bought you. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: What I heard is he just bought you a new 2021 4Runner and has an Icon lift kit for it all ready to install....:sunglasses::blush:

shaggycharlie

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Menifee, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello OB Community,

My name is Charlie living in Southern California. Menifee, California to be exact. My wife and I have camping experience from tent to RV. However the wife wants to go to those remote locations, you all share pictures of.

I do have a 9-5 career but am able to take time off and definitely enjoy the weekends, even if it is just for a trail ride somewhere.

We do not know the trails in our area so it would be great to meet up with others in our area who do know them. Sand, dirt, or snow it does not matter, we love it all. We have a GX 470 so vehicle capability is not a problem.

Hope to get advice and see some of you out on the trails.

Cheers,
Charlie & Tamara

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello OB Community,

My name is Charlie living in Southern California. Menifee, California to be exact. My wife and I have camping experience from tent to RV. However the wife wants to go to those remote locations, you all share pictures of.

I do have a 9-5 career but am able to take time off and definitely enjoy the weekends, even if it is just for a trail ride somewhere.

We do not know the trails in our area so it would be great to meet up with others in our area who do know them. Sand, dirt, or snow it does not matter, we love it all. We have a GX 470 so vehicle capability is not a problem.

Cheers,
Charlie & Tamara
Welcome to OB Charlie & Tamara! Make sure to check out Rally Point for events and trail runs near you - saw early this morning that @Off-Road Overland Camping has created three upcoming runs in your area (at least two are starting out of Coachella).
Enjoy!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi there,

I'm John, I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.

I've had many off-road rigs over the years, but never put 2 and 2 together and made an overland rig or made overland style trips, so while my off road skills somewhat apply, I'd still rate myself as "Novice". There seems to be so much more to this than simply off-roading.
My current rig: I just got it over the weekend, It's a 2003 Ford explorer XLT with the 4.6 v8 engine. I'll start a build thread soon. That way I hope to gain knowledge from others. I'll try and post pictures tonight.

I'm hoping to get a good enough start by the time the weather gets warm to be able to do the oklahoma leg of the Texas Epic Adventure Trail; so, starting somewhere around Tahlequah and ending around broken bow.

Thanks.
Welcome from Central Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma leg of the TEAT is just part of the larger OAT (Oklahoma Adventure Trail).

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Hello OB Community,

Cheers,
Charlie & Tamara
The GX470 is a great rig...Are you still using the air bags in the rear or have you converted to Coil springs?
If you are planning to convert....Drop me a note. I got a Stage 2 kit from Metal Tech, and I can't stand to see it just rust/rot away on the shelf...

Mike

L Becca

Rank III

Traveler III

Los Angeles, California
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Becca
Member #

Good day everyone,
My Name is Lloyd Becca I recently moved to LA from Jamaica. I have mostly owned Toyotas and recently acquired a 06 4R V8. I did a trip to Yellowstone in August and would love to do more very soon. I was a manager at an outdoor gear shop for a few years and I am happy to answer any gear questions from anyone. I hope to cover as many National parks as I can.
Happy to be here. Thanks again
Lloyd

IMG_7440.jpgIMG_6173.JPGIMG_9757.jpg

shaggycharlie

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Menifee, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello OB Community,

Cheers,
Charlie & Tamara
The GX470 is a great rig...Are you still using the air bags in the rear or have you converted to Coil springs?
If you are planning to convert....Drop me a note. I got a Stage 2 kit from Metal Tech, and I can't stand to see it just rust/rot away on the shelf...

Mike
Hello Mike,

I will pass the word on to others that are looking.
The suspension has been done already with ToyTech Boss adjustable 2-3” coilovers with reservoir and KO2 tires.

Cheers

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day everyone,
My Name is Lloyd Becca I recently moved to LA from Jamaica. I have mostly owned Toyotas and recently acquired a 06 4R V8. I did a trip to Yellowstone in August and would love to do more very soon. I was a manager at an outdoor gear shop for a few years and I am happy to answer any gear questions from anyone. I hope to cover as many National parks as I can.
Happy to be here. Thanks again
Lloyd

View attachment 182461View attachment 182462View attachment 182463
Welcome to Overland Bound Lloyd.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community,

Cheers,
Charlie & Tamara
Welcome to Overland Bound Charlie & Tamara/
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.

I am Mike.

View attachment 182446

I drive truck for a living, and waste my money on Hunting, Fishing, Camping gear, and buying my wife NEW 4Runners.

I have a lifted 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport w/ winch and front bumper, a Back Rack and a Decked Draw system.

I grew up in the Northern sections of the Western Provinces, NT and the Yukon.

Outdoors and camping was and has always been a lifestyle and not a hobby, so I have a fair amount of bush experience.

My rigging, winch and recovery experience is from Oil Field work as a driver operating Winch tractors and bed trucks( single steer and Tandem steer axles) and lumping for boom trucks and Cranes.

I am also a licensed Amateur radio Operator with my Basic, Advanced Licenses, and 5 word Code. I also hold Licenses in the Maritime and Aeronautical radio Service. I normally have my VHF/UHF and HF radios in my transport truck and Hang around on 14.300Mhz on HF, but currently my boss has me driving Demo trucks for the next few months so nothing installed right now.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
I like your profile picture.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My names Sean, and I’m new to the community! Never had an overland rig, but really wanna start to slowly build one! I just purchased a 2018 Z71 Colorado and instantly turned on to all of the photos of people’s sweet rigs! See y’all out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information. Mike can get you hooked up with a local meet-up if you are interested.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Rick

Thanks for having me. For years I have been a bit of a extreme hiker, having hiked several hundred miles of the Continental Divide Trail; Pacific Crest Trail & John Muir Trails.

Being outdoors in nature is important to me. I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek, which will become my overlanding rig over-time.

While not novice to leave no trace behind, I am a noice when it comes to overlanding with vehicle.

Look forward to learning.

My roaming area is varied, I am currently in the USA, but frequently head back to Scotland.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick.
When you are in the US could you edit your location to match the general area you are in, this helps with notifications. And when you are in Scotland the Regional Director is @Polaris Overland and the closest Member Representative is @caspoint220
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: caspoint220

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Kent,

Thanks for the info! Great community here and looking forward to actively engaging.

When I look at your response, it looks like there are links, but I don't think they are working. I will look at Michael's Nuts and Bolts, but I also didn't see a presorted option for region in the forums. Maybe I just need to learn the tool better (which is awesome).

If you have any hints or suggestions I would certainly be interested.

Thanks again!

Chris
See DM

Reactions: Polaris Overland