Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Hi this is Carl, i’m in the process of building a 2006 Land Cruiser 100 and series. Just wondering how you liked the metal tech equipment you put on your GX 470 if there’s things you would change. I love a little more information about your build as I’m getting ready to build mine. I would love to make a trip into Canada and Alaska someday let’s stay in touch.
Thanks
Montana Carl
I ran some Metaltech on my GX470.
loved the rear bumper
Loved the Radflo suspension, really nice trailing arms, well made stuff, but their rear springs where not HD enough for me, I had to get some Dobinson HD and everything was great after that.
Mark & John are great to deal with.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening. My name is Derek and I have finally became a member. Been a fan for a long time. I am an experienced overlander and love everything outdoors. I live in Northern Kentucky and my rig is a 2016 Wrangler 4 door.
Welcome To Overland Bound Derek
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw @Hank Outdoors
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, the new year is just a few days old and already so many new members. It´s super cool how the community is growing! Welcome to all new members and a happy new year!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I am new to the forum. I drive a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and live in South western Ontario. I m looking forward to enjoying the outdoors and fostering friendships as I explore North America. I am currently a "novice". I enjoy fishing,camping and hunting. I have my amateur radio license and have been active in the local club. Looking forward to enjoy the stories of others travels.
Welcome to Overland Bound Karen
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,

Found this community to be extremely informative and engaging. Downloaded the app and have just joined. It has been a while since I did any serious vehicle dependent travel and adventure, but with kids older and looking for adventure (and home DIY projects slowing coming to a closure) it was time to get serious about this again!

Name: Chris Nesbit
Rig, current: 2018 Crosstrek
Rig, past: 1983 Jeep CJ7, 1994 Toyota Pickup, 1997 Jeep TJ
Experience: grew up car camping with the family (Y Guides) way back, car camping here in NM and So CO, NC, WA, etc. Some backpacking experience in NM and FL.

View attachment 182159

View attachment 182160
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

Hey All,

Found this community to be extremely informative and engaging. Downloaded the app and have just joined. It has been a while since I did any serious vehicle dependent travel and adventure, but with kids older and looking for adventure (and home DIY projects slowing coming to a closure) it was time to get serious about this again!

Name: Chris Nesbit
Rig, current: 2018 Crosstrek
Rig, past: 1983 Jeep CJ7, 1994 Toyota Pickup, 1997 Jeep TJ
Experience: grew up car camping with the family (Y Guides) way back, car camping here in NM and So CO, NC, WA, etc. Some backpacking experience in NM and FL.

View attachment 182159

View attachment 182160
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman
Hey Kent,

Thanks for the info! Great community here and looking forward to actively engaging.

When I look at your response, it looks like there are links, but I don't think they are working. I will look at Michael's Nuts and Bolts, but I also didn't see a presorted option for region in the forums. Maybe I just need to learn the tool better (which is awesome).

If you have any hints or suggestions I would certainly be interested.

Thanks again!

Chris

Reactions: Kent R

Trekvagabond

Rank II

Contributor III

Portree, UK
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Trekvagabond
Hello my name is Rick

Thanks for having me. For years I have been a bit of a extreme hiker, having hiked several hundred miles of the Continental Divide Trail; Pacific Crest Trail & John Muir Trails.

Being outdoors in nature is important to me. I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek, which will become my overlanding rig over-time.

While not novice to leave no trace behind, I am a noice when it comes to overlanding with vehicle.

Look forward to learning.

My roaming area is varied, I am currently in the USA, but frequently head back to Scotland.

Attachments

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

Hello my name is Rick

Thanks for having me. For years I have been a bit of a extreme hiker, having hiked several hundred miles of the Continental Divide Trail; Pacific Crest Trail & John Muir Trails.

Being outdoors in nature is important to me. I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek, which will become my overlanding rig over-time.

While not novice to leave no trace behind, I am a noice when it comes to overlanding with vehicle.

Look forward to learning.

My roaming area is varied, I am currently in the USA, but frequently head back to Scotland.
Hey Rick, nice Crosstrek. You'll find plenty of options for that platform out there. (I know I certainly have.) Would be nice to have a lighter rig group to exchange advice and share experiences... I see other Subi owners, but haven't yet seen a Subi dedicated group here. Let me know if you find one out there. Best, Chris

BlackBetty

Rank III

Contributor III

California
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Item
Member #

FD1B8DC4-8FE7-4D0C-9AD3-1936807DEF92.jpg IMG_4496.jpeg
82203328-81F1-4510-965E-CD34A8E0D222.jpg IMG_4635.jpeg
Hello everyone,

My name is Gabriel, born and raised out here in the desert south west (IV) right outside Borrego Springs, right over the SD Mountains. I have always been and active outdoorsman especially having such great destinations right in my backyard. After years of saving up I finally bought my first truck and riged up my 08 Silverado 1500. I usually venture to areas near bodies of water because I love fishing and also enjoy finding locations with great mountain biking trails or hiking. Would love to meet other overland bound members who enjoy doing such recreational activities.

Last edited:

JonnyAppleseed

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Francis
Hi there,

I'm John, I live in Tulsa Oklahoma.

I've had many off-road rigs over the years, but never put 2 and 2 together and made an overland rig or made overland style trips, so while my off road skills somewhat apply, I'd still rate myself as "Novice". There seems to be so much more to this than simply off-roading.
My current rig: I just got it over the weekend, It's a 2003 Ford explorer XLT with the 4.6 v8 engine. I'll start a build thread soon. That way I hope to gain knowledge from others. I'll try and post pictures tonight.

I'm hoping to get a good enough start by the time the weather gets warm to be able to do the oklahoma leg of the Texas Epic Adventure Trail; so, starting somewhere around Tahlequah and ending around broken bow.

Thanks.

Silverback_Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Gaines
Member #

Greetings Overland Bound Community!

My name is James, and I am so excited to be a part of the community. Like most of you, I finally became a member after spending SO MUCH TIME living through the eyes of Lifestyle Overland, Overland Bound, and so many more names as the list can go on. Now... on to my build:

Home Base: Sacramento, Ca
Travel Range: Far
Platform: 2014 F150 XLT 302A Package 33 Gallon Fuel Tank Plus whatever I carry (~15 Gallons extra)
Drivetrain: 4x4 w/Rear Locking Differential (I MAY add a front locker... the more I think about it... the more likely it is to happen)
Engine: 3.5TT EcoBoost
Mods: aFe Cold Air Intake; Accel Coil Packs; Atturo Trailblazer 33s
In Progress: 3inch lift; Bull Bar with lights; Scene lighting; Windshield Pods; Rhino Rack Cross Bars; Reese Cargo Basket; Plus a full loadout inside. This truck is a beast... It's being built as a long-distance expedition rig.

Thanks again you all for making this community so great. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to meeting you out on the trail!

#silverbackstreetperformance
#silverbackoverland

IG: Silverback Street Performance

Attachments

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL
Hello! I'm Javier (go by Javi). Excited to be part of the community. I'm originally from NM where I use to do some overlanding a couple of decades ago, before I knew it was overlanding :) The pandemic has drawn me back outside and looking forward to new adventures this year.

Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ (stock)
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

Attachments

Z

zyxlor

Hello! I've been car/truck camping for many years but now I am preparing my pickup and myself for an extended trip. This organization has been popping up in a lot of the videos I've been watching and looks like a valuable resource. Being currently "trapped" at home I have been doing a lot of research and a lot of daydreaming of being on the road.
I am building up a F150 which I used on my last road/camping trip when it was stock. I have since added a topper and built living area inside. I put two 100 watt solar panels (charging a 100 amp hour lithium battery) to run lights, charge equipment and run a fridge/freezer which I put behind the drivers seat. Roof racks and a cargo basket have been added to the topper. I upgraded the shocks, wheels and tires. Fender flares and a new front bumper are next.
My traveling companion and best friend is my dog Blue. He loves to camp and travel as much as I do.
I live two miles south of the south entrance of Badlands NP. I'll bet a bunch of folks here have been through my town.
I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and gaining knowledge from the collective experience of the members.
Here's a picture of my pickup in its current state. Also here is Blue enjoying the view in Glacier NP.133588864_455332225857943_5315539755708344247_n.jpgblue mount.jpg

ChuckBax

Rank I

Contributor I

West Lafayette, IN, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Baxter
Member #

Hello All,

My wife Betsy and I are new to overlanding, but not new to camping or vehicle related hobbies. We live in Lafayette, Indiana. We have a 2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 4WD and a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek (and a 1995 miata, but that doesn't get off the pavement much). We just purchased an RTT (Smittybilt Gen 2) that will go on either the Suburban or Crosstrek and we've been refreshing our camping gear. We're actively trying to identify our first trip in February with the Crosstrek and looking at Ozark-St.Francis potentially.

We're looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out there!

-Charlie

Elgavo

Rank I

Traveler I

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Bortles
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community,

I'm new to this community, but not to outdoor adventures. Transitioning from "have backpack... will seek adventure" to "have capable 4x4... will explore with the family." Learned most of my skills in Colorado and Alaska and am now looking to share the outdoors with my 5 year old twins. Wife is not as keen with "roughing it" as I am, but the kiddos (5yr old twins) are in and with the right setup (vehicle/tent/adventure trailer) I think I can entice her to the "dark side."

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road Double Cab Long Bed
Recent Mods: King 2.5 Coilovers w/ Camburg UCAs in front, King 2.5 shocks and OME Medium Duty Leaf Springs in rear, Method MR703 wheels w/ 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires

Fowlerjb

Rank II

Contributor III

Mukilteo, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

My wife and I just moved to the PNW via NOLA. In the Seattle area.

2016 Toyota 4 Runner 2016 Trail Edition

New to overlanding and the PNW, but not so much the outdoors and camping.

I'd really like to get out and enjoy the area (ALL YEAR ROUND). I did most of the WABDR this summer and loved every second of it, but I'd enjoy a little more of challenge and more remote exploring.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

My wife and I just moved to the PNW via NOLA. In the Seattle area.

2016 Toyota 4 Runner 2016 Trail Edition

New to overlanding and the PNW, but not so much the outdoors and camping.

I'd really like to get out and enjoy the area (ALL YEAR ROUND). I did most of the WABDR this summer and loved every second of it, but I'd enjoy a little more of challenge and more remote exploring.
Welcome to the OB crew.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community,

I'm new to this community, but not to outdoor adventures. Transitioning from "have backpack... will seek adventure" to "have capable 4x4... will explore with the family." Learned most of my skills in Colorado and Alaska and am now looking to share the outdoors with my 5 year old twins. Wife is not as keen with "roughing it" as I am, but the kiddos (5yr old twins) are in and with the right setup (vehicle/tent/adventure trailer) I think I can entice her to the "dark side."

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road Double Cab Long Bed
Recent Mods: King 2.5 Coilovers w/ Camburg UCAs in front, King 2.5 shocks and OME Medium Duty Leaf Springs in rear, Method MR703 wheels w/ 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello All,

My wife Betsy and I are new to overlanding, but not new to camping or vehicle related hobbies. We live in Lafayette, Indiana. We have a 2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 4WD and a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek (and a 1995 miata, but that doesn't get off the pavement much). We just purchased an RTT (Smittybilt Gen 2) that will go on either the Suburban or Crosstrek and we've been refreshing our camping gear. We're actively trying to identify our first trip in February with the Crosstrek and looking at Ozark-St.Francis potentially.

We're looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out there!

-Charlie
Welcome Charlie and Betsy