Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
View attachment 181917
Rig: '18 Toyota Tacoma
Exp: Grew up in NM on a road that most would probably consider 4wd only, but for me was just going home. I definitely have a lot to learn. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the best layout for me and my pupper.
Hello Spencer, Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @beyondthepavement is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all! New member located in the Okanagan valley area (Kelowna) and looking to start some group rides and open to tips on the overland build.
Just picked up a 2021 Chevy ZR2 and have some small upgrades so far, but that’s another post.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @ is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Noahbarlow

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Barlow
Member #

Hey newb here! Was in Old Forge, NY and came out to an OB card on my rig from KUDRA. We are up from Alabama on vacay. Rolling in an ‘07 Lexus GX470. Cool to find a group of overlander like-mindeds. Thanks for the invite! Troy
Sweet rig! I was thinking about building a Lexus up as well. Perfect spec. Have fun!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey I am Tyler! I have a 2016 Toyota Tacoma trd sport, it’s a stick shift and I love it. I am in the Alberta area
Hello Tyler Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

RadoOverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Marion, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Long
Hello, new guy here. I'm from central Ohio. Not New to wheeling but new to overland. Currently working on my truck to get her ready for trips. 2003 silverado 1500. As of now all I've done is leveling kit years ago and 285/70/17 tires and I'm all led. I plan on alot of things to happen this year. From a proper 6" lift and 35s to rooftop tents. Its all in the works

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Greetings,

The name is Boojie, I'm a boot when it comes to overlanding. I drive a Blue 3rd gen Taco 2017 that I named "SMURF TACO". Still riding on stock equipment.
Located in Camarillo, CA
I'm a retired military, although still working on base. My wife and I try as much as we can to drive around during the weekends.
I've been following this group on YouTube for a while and am amazed at the groups friendliness. The main reason that i joined.
looking forward to tagging along on a not so hard trail run.

View attachment 182021

Say hello to my Smurf Taco
Welcome to OB and hello Smurf Taco!

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Guess I missed this thread.

New rig - 2020 Tacoma TRD OR, stock for now, but I do have my ARB dual compressor hooked up. Plans are a small lift 2”, 255/85/16 tires, winch (still have my Zeon 10s) this one I plan to keep more stock and simple. Going more Overland and less rock crawler.
Old rig - 2006 GX470 pictured with my home build M416 style trailer at the Arctic Ocean, 3” Radflo/MetalTech long travel LiftRCI skids and rock rails, Demilo Front bumper winch Zeon 10s winch, MetalTech rear bumper, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17 tires
Trailer - Home build frame, by a friend based off his M-416 trailer, box is home built using Hickory wood, wheels and tires match vehicle, mounts for 2-5 gal cans and my Yeti cooler. Plans to add an Alpha ll RTT and a place for my ARB fridge
Live in SW Colorado
Experience - somewhere in the middle, I done a couple of trips to Alaska, Arctic Ocean, NMBDR, most of the San Juan mountains, the Gila, Big Bend and plans to do the Pony Express across Utah & Nevada. I carry paper maps if I can get what I need or want, use Gaia on my iPad or CarPlay with a Bad Elf gps. I have a HAM license, but changing radios and would like a GMRS combined if possible and I also have a CB. Wish list trip is the Trans Labrador highway, was stationed at Goosebay, want to see it again.

Attachments

EBG18T

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vermont, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
G
Hi All.
We are from Northern Vermont, but have travelled extensively thru NM, AZ, CO, UT & MT. After a few years away, we acquired a 20 Chevy ZR2 to start exploring with after our 4 Runner moved on.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All.
We are from Northern Vermont, but have travelled extensively thru NM, AZ, CO, UT & MT. After a few years away, we acquired a 20 Chevy ZR2 to start exploring with after our 4 Runner moved on.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Guess I missed this thread.

New rig - 2020 Tacoma TRD OR, stock for now, but I do have my ARB dual compressor hooked up. Plans are a small lift 2”, 255/85/16 tires, winch (still have my Zeon 10s) this one I plan to keep more stock and simple. Going more Overland and less rock crawler.
Old rig - 2006 GX470 pictured with my home build M416 style trailer at the Arctic Ocean, 3” Radflo/MetalTech long travel LiftRCI skids and rock rails, Demilo Front bumper winch Zeon 10s winch, MetalTech rear bumper, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17 tires
Trailer - Home build frame, by a friend based off his M-416 trailer, box is home built using Hickory wood, wheels and tires match vehicle, mounts for 2-5 gal cans and my Yeti cooler. Plans to add an Alpha ll RTT and a place for my ARB fridge
Live in SW Colorado
Experience - somewhere in the middle, I done a couple of trips to Alaska, Arctic Ocean, NMBDR, most of the San Juan mountains, the Gila, Big Bend and plans to do the Pony Express across Utah & Nevada. I carry paper maps if I can get what I need or want, use Gaia on my iPad or CarPlay with a Bad Elf gps. I have a HAM license, but changing radios and would like a GMRS combined if possible and I also have a CB. Wish list trip is the Trans Labrador highway, was stationed at Goosebay, want to see it again.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Reactions: NMBruce

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new guy here. I'm from central Ohio. Not New to wheeling but new to overland. Currently working on my truck to get her ready for trips. 2003 silverado 1500. As of now all I've done is leveling kit years ago and 285/70/17 tires and I'm all led. I plan on alot of things to happen this year. From a proper 6" lift and 35s to rooftop tents. Its all in the works
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I am Tyler! I have a 2016 Toyota Tacoma trd sport, it’s a stick shift and I love it. I am in the Alberta area
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey newb here! Was in Old Forge, NY and came out to an OB card on my rig from KUDRA. We are up from Alabama on vacay. Rolling in an ‘07 Lexus GX470. Cool to find a group of overlander like-mindeds. Thanks for the invite! Troy
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2020 4Runner Off Road
Experience: Lots of time off the road and many nights on the hiking trail but not combined. In other words I'm an armature to Overland. Looking forward to learning from everyone and some day I can contribute.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Thanks
Don’t do Social Media, but thank you for the other information