Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey newb here! Was in Old Forge, NY and came out to an OB card on my rig from KUDRA. We are up from Alabama on vacay. Rolling in an ‘07 Lexus GX470. Cool to find a group of overlander like-mindeds. Thanks for the invite! Troy
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2020 4Runner Off Road
Experience: Lots of time off the road and many nights on the hiking trail but not combined. In other words I'm an armature to Overland. Looking forward to learning from everyone and some day I can contribute.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Thanks
Don’t do Social Media, but thank you for the other information

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Rig: 2020 4Runner Off Road
Experience: Lots of time off the road and many nights on the hiking trail but not combined. In other words I'm an armature to Overland. Looking forward to learning from everyone and some day I can contribute.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Chris!

Lost Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Illinois, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Novack
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0VLV
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 & @Iwata77
Thank you for the welcome Kent. I'm already finding a great benefit in this community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks
Don’t do Social Media, but thank you for the other information
Im with you on the Social Media. The Telegram link is how most of Colorado members communicate.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Greetings,

The name is Boojie, I'm a boot when it comes to overlanding. I drive a Blue 3rd gen Taco 2017 that I named "SMURF TACO". Still riding on stock equipment.
Located in Camarillo, CA
I'm a retired military, although still working on base. My wife and I try as much as we can to drive around during the weekends.
I've been following this group on YouTube for a while and am amazed at the groups friendliness. The main reason that i joined.
looking forward to tagging along on a not so hard trail run.

View attachment 182021

Say hello to my Smurf Taco
Hello Boojie,
Happy New Year from UpState NY.
I'm digging the Smurf Taco, great looking rig.

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

Hey All,

Found this community to be extremely informative and engaging. Downloaded the app and have just joined. It has been a while since I did any serious vehicle dependent travel and adventure, but with kids older and looking for adventure (and home DIY projects slowing coming to a closure) it was time to get serious about this again!

Name: Chris Nesbit
Rig, current: 2018 Crosstrek
Rig, past: 1983 Jeep CJ7, 1994 Toyota Pickup, 1997 Jeep TJ
Experience: grew up car camping with the family (Y Guides) way back, car camping here in NM and So CO, NC, WA, etc. Some backpacking experience in NM and FL.

IMG_20210103_113433.jpg

IMG_20210103_113445.jpg

puppymom

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

192 Harley Street, London, Ontario N5Y 2C3, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I am new to the forum. I drive a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and live in South western Ontario. I m looking forward to enjoying the outdoors and fostering friendships as I explore North America. I am currently a "novice". I enjoy fishing,camping and hunting. I have my amateur radio license and have been active in the local club. Looking forward to enjoy the stories of others travels.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Welcome to the Team Chris.
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year from UpState NY.
Great looking rig, I really like the Wilco Offroad HitchSwing.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I am new to the forum. I drive a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and live in South western Ontario. I m looking forward to enjoying the outdoors and fostering friendships as I explore North America. I am currently a "novice". I enjoy fishing,camping and hunting. I have my amateur radio license and have been active in the local club. Looking forward to enjoy the stories of others travels.
Karen, Welcome to the Team and Happy New Year from UpState NY.
I have been preparing for winter camping with the pups for months now and our first trip will be in a few weeks.

puppymom

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

192 Harley Street, London, Ontario N5Y 2C3, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Hi everyone,

Karen, Welcome to the Team and Happy New Year from UpState NY.
I have been preparing for winter camping with the pups for months now and our first trip will be in a few weeks.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Live in SW Colorado
I have a HAM license, but changing radios and would like a GMRS combined if possible and I also have a CB.
Hello Bruce, welcome from Oklahoma. Love Pagosa Springs and the San Juan area of SW CO. My parent's lived in PS for about 12-15 years not far from the base of Broken off Point. Didn't make it up there as many times as I would have liked. Great place to adventure from.

No combined radios on the market as the FCC does not approve them as radios have to meet certain guidelines for each radio service and ham radios do not meet those guidelines, mostly due to them being frequency agile. A dual band ham radio can be modified to work on GMRS...but it's not legal so don't ask, don't tell. :smirk:

We also have a weekly echolink net. Hope you can join in. Even if you don't have access to an Echolink or DMR repeater you can also use the Echolink app, many of us do.
When: 17:30 PST, 20:30 EST, 01:30 UTC
OB Rally Point: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/

Where: Our net is graciously hosted by the Starlink White Mountain Repeater System group. Below is the current list of of nodes, hubs, repeaters, and links which get us on the air each Friday. For more information please visit their website at White Mountain Repeater Association .

Echolink
Conference Node 357087 (Starlink)

You may also connect through the following:
Allstar HUB Node 49842 Los Angeles, CA (Main Hub)
Allstar HUB Node 41050 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49964 Atlanta, GA
Allstar HUB Node 49420 Los Angeles, CA
Allstar HUB Node 41120 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49421 Atlanta, GA

DMR
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (C) K4CEG
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (D) AB5JK
Brandmeister DMR Bridge 3124829
Brandmeister DMR Bridge 3148905

Repeaters and Links:
KE6GVK 147.570 CLOSED Saint Johns, AZ
KE6GVK 223.420 PL 100.0 Saint Johns, AZ
K7RFX 145.550 PL 127.3 Tuscon, AZ
KJ7NWP 147.500 PL 127.3 Red Rock, AZ
KG7NVF 145.590 PL 127.3 Mesa, AZ
WB6IZC 446.800 PL 186.2 Temecula, CA
KS6R 223.650 PL 156.7 Long Beach CA
K6SIG 443.800 PL 156.7 La Habra, CA
AB5JK 146.620 PL 100.0 Uvalde, TX
AB5JK 444.600 PL 162.2 Uvalde, TX

Live Streaming Audio: (Anyone may listen in)

White Mountain Repeater Association

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@Ctn505) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Hello Bruce, welcome from Oklahoma. Love Pagosa Springs and the San Juan area of SW CO. My parent's lived in PS for about 12-15 years not far from the base of Broken off Point. Didn't make it up there as many times as I would have liked. Great place to adventure from.

No combined radios on the market as the FCC does not approve them as radios have to meet certain guidelines for each radio service and ham radios do not meet those guidelines, mostly due to them being frequency agile. A dual band ham radio can be modified to work on GMRS...but it's not legal so don't ask, don't tell. :smirk:

We also have a weekly echolink net. Hope you can join in. Even if you don't have access to an Echolink or DMR repeater you can also use the Echolink app, many of us do.
When: 17:30 PST, 20:30 EST, 01:30 UTC
OB Rally Point: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/

Where: Our net is graciously hosted by the Starlink White Mountain Repeater System group. Below is the current list of of nodes, hubs, repeaters, and links which get us on the air each Friday. For more information please visit their website at White Mountain Repeater Association .

Echolink
Conference Node 357087 (Starlink)

You may also connect through the following:
Allstar HUB Node 49842 Los Angeles, CA (Main Hub)
Allstar HUB Node 41050 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49964 Atlanta, GA
Allstar HUB Node 49420 Los Angeles, CA
Allstar HUB Node 41120 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49421 Atlanta, GA

DMR
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (C) K4CEG
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (D) AB5JK
Brandmeister DMR Bridge 3124829
Brandmeister DMR Bridge 3148905

Repeaters and Links:
KE6GVK 147.570 CLOSED Saint Johns, AZ
KE6GVK 223.420 PL 100.0 Saint Johns, AZ
K7RFX 145.550 PL 127.3 Tuscon, AZ
KJ7NWP 147.500 PL 127.3 Red Rock, AZ
KG7NVF 145.590 PL 127.3 Mesa, AZ
WB6IZC 446.800 PL 186.2 Temecula, CA
KS6R 223.650 PL 156.7 Long Beach CA
K6SIG 443.800 PL 156.7 La Habra, CA
AB5JK 146.620 PL 100.0 Uvalde, TX
AB5JK 444.600 PL 162.2 Uvalde, TX

Live Streaming Audio: (Anyone may listen in)

White Mountain Repeater Association
Thanks. For the information. Guess I will need to have the different radios and then plug in the one I need for the trip I am doing.

right now, my only Ham is a Boefang handheld

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

Welcome to the Team Chris.
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year from UpState NY.
Great looking rig, I really like the Wilco Offroad HitchSwing.
Thanks, Mario! It was a necessary add considering the potential of any remote tire issue and the limited use of the OEM donut spare.

Rubyroundhouse

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Independence, Kenton County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Mullins
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Good evening. My name is Derek and I have finally became a member. Been a fan for a long time. I am an experienced overlander and love everything outdoors. I live in Northern Kentucky and my rig is a 2016 Wrangler 4 door.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Already did an intro once, but things have changed and wanted to update and re-introduce! Currently stationed at Ft. Drum, but my wife and daughter live in Tennessee near Ft. Campbell. We just traded in the 4Runner to get into this beauty! 2018 JL, was stock but because it’s the end of the year we were able to wheel and deal and get them to throw in a 2.5” lift and put some Nitto Ridge Grappler 33’s on Fuel rims! Lots of plans in the future, but excited to be in the 4x4 community! Can’t wait for the weather to get nice again and get her out with the top and doors off!
Hello Sawyer, a warm welcome from Phoenix, and God bless you for your service to our country, thank you. Rich

Montana Carl

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert Montana
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kila MT
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Guess I missed this thread.

New rig - 2020 Tacoma TRD OR, stock for now, but I do have my ARB dual compressor hooked up. Plans are a small lift 2”, 255/85/16 tires, winch (still have my Zeon 10s) this one I plan to keep more stock and simple. Going more Overland and less rock crawler.
Old rig - 2006 GX470 pictured with my home build M416 style trailer at the Arctic Ocean, 3” Radflo/MetalTech long travel LiftRCI skids and rock rails, Demilo Front bumper winch Zeon 10s winch, MetalTech rear bumper, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17 tires
Trailer - Home build frame, by a friend based off his M-416 trailer, box is home built using Hickory wood, wheels and tires match vehicle, mounts for 2-5 gal cans and my Yeti cooler. Plans to add an Alpha ll RTT and a place for my ARB fridge
Live in SW Colorado
Experience - somewhere in the middle, I done a couple of trips to Alaska, Arctic Ocean, NMBDR, most of the San Juan mountains, the Gila, Big Bend and plans to do the Pony Express across Utah & Nevada. I carry paper maps if I can get what I need or want, use Gaia on my iPad or CarPlay with a Bad Elf gps. I have a HAM license, but changing radios and would like a GMRS combined if possible and I also have a CB. Wish list trip is the Trans Labrador highway, was stationed at Goosebay, want to see it again.
Hi this is Carl, i’m in the process of building a 2006 Land Cruiser 100 and series. Just wondering how you liked the metal tech equipment you put on your GX 470 if there’s things you would change. I love a little more information about your build as I’m getting ready to build mine. I would love to make a trip into Canada and Alaska someday let’s stay in touch.
Thanks
Montana Carl

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R