Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined the group.

2015 Dodge Ram 1500
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Located in Northern Illinois but most of our travels are into Colorado and California.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Already did an intro once, but things have changed and wanted to update and re-introduce! Currently stationed at Ft. Drum, but my wife and daughter live in Tennessee near Ft. Campbell. We just traded in the 4Runner to get into this beauty! 2018 JL, was stock but because it’s the end of the year we were able to wheel and deal and get them to throw in a 2.5” lift and put some Nitto Ridge Grappler 33’s on Fuel rims! Lots of plans in the future, but excited to be in the 4x4 community! Can’t wait for the weather to get nice again and get her out with the top and doors off!
Have fun with the JL.

Kevlar71

Rank I

Contributor III

Traskwood, Saline County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
James
Nice to meet everyone! I’m from Central Arkansas. I have quite a bit of off roading and camping experience, but I’m very new to overlanding, and I’ve always been intrigued by it. I can’t wait to see the day when I don’t have to “work” Monday-Friday, and I can really get out there. Here’s a pic of my 2000 Land Cruiser. I got a great deal on her a few months back, she had 220k miles, a couple of dents on the driver side, a very old looking timing belt, the valve covers were leaking, and the drivers side exhaust manifold was cracked. Otherwise she ran great, and was rust free. I replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, crank and cam seals, serpentine belt along with a few new pulleys, then I tackled that drivers side manifold (not fun at all). Removed the running boards and put on a set of tundra steel wheels with 275/70/18s. I’m really wanting to add some more stuff to her, but I also really want to get an 80 Series or another GX470 to overland with instead of the 100 Series. Still can’t decide.

Attachments

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Hello and Happy 2021 to all!

We are a recently retired couple from the Bay Area of California. Returning to overlanding after a mutli-decade hiatus (9 weeks out of a van in Alaska in '91). Upon arrival of Son #1 we segued into a trailer and then when Son #2 was old enough we got heavily into Scouting. Never really gave up camping along the way, but now we are in a position to return to more offroad advendtures. Now awaiting arrival of a suitable truck and offroad trailer. Will build them out over the next few months, then plan to hit some trails starting late Spring '21 (after vaccinations).

Our tastes lean toward mid-to-high elevation trails of easy to moderate difficulty (high clearance, limited winching). We plan to use several short trips over 2021 in preparation for a return to Alaska in Spring '22. Looking to meet similarly minded people, learn about best practices and great adventures. Hope to be able to post a photo or short clip from time to time.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Nice to meet everyone! I’m from Central Arkansas. I have quite a bit of off roading and camping experience, but I’m very new to overlanding, and I’ve always been intrigued by it. I can’t wait to see the day when I don’t have to “work” Monday-Friday, and I can really get out there. Here’s a pic of my 2000 Land Cruiser. I got a great deal on her a few months back, she had 220k miles, a couple of dents on the driver side, a very old looking timing belt, the valve covers were leaking, and the drivers side exhaust manifold was cracked. Otherwise she ran great, and was rust free. I replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, crank and cam seals, serpentine belt along with a few new pulleys, then I tackled that drivers side manifold (not fun at all). Removed the running boards and put on a set of tundra steel wheels with 275/70/18s. I’m really wanting to add some more stuff to her, but I also really want to get an 80 Series or another GX470 to overland with instead of the 100 Series. Still can’t decide.
Hi Kevin! Welcome from NE Oklahoma

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all! New member located in the Okanagan valley area (Kelowna) and looking to start some group rides and open to tips on the overland build.
Just picked up a 2021 Chevy ZR2 and have some small upgrades so far, but that’s another post.
Welcome to the OB crew and that is a nice truck!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Kevlar71 welcome from central Oklahoma. You are in a pretty good place being close to the Ouachita National Forest and not all that far from the Ozark NF. They are both popular destinations for overlanders in Oklahoma and Texas.
Rendezvous in the Ozarks occurs in Oct in the Ozark NF at Byrds Adventure Center east of Cass, AR. Would be a good opportunity to meet up with other OB members.

Last edited:

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I have a 2015 Jeep JKU that I picked up used a few years back. Everything was stock originally. I do some wheeling with it via the local club and on friend’s land but haven’t done a lot of overlanding with it yet. Should also point out it’s my daily driver so I don’t get too insane with it. My wife and I love watching overlanding YT shows and that’s what drew us here. Hoping to find some opportunities in the year to come. Oh, and I’m also a drummer, hence the user name.View attachment 181643
Welcome to the Team, Happy New Year from Upstate NY

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

We are a recently retired couple from the Bay Area of California. Returning to overlanding after a mutli-decade hiatus (9 weeks out of a van in Alaska in '91). Upon arrival of Son #1 we segued into a trailer and then when Son #2 was old enough we got heavily into Scouting. Never really gave up camping along the way, but now we are in a position to return to more offroad advendtures. Now awaiting arrival of a suitable truck and offroad trailer. Will build them out over the next few months, then plan to hit some trails starting late Spring '21 (after vaccinations).

Our tastes lean toward mid-to-high elevation trails of easy to moderate difficulty (high clearance, limited winching). We plan to use several short trips over 2021 in preparation for a return to Alaska in Spring '22. Looking to meet similarly minded people, learn about best practices and great adventures. Hope to be able to post a photo or short clip from time to time.
Best Practices; now there's two words that are close to my heart, or I should say two words that I use on a weekly basis within my Sphere of Influence.
Happy New Year and Welcome to the Team from Upstate NY.

Smurf Taco

Rank 0

Traveler I

CAMARILLO, CA
First Name
ANGELITO
Last Name
GONZALES
Member #

Greetings,

The name is Boojie, I'm a boot when it comes to overlanding. I drive a Blue 3rd gen Taco 2017 that I named "SMURF TACO". Still riding on stock equipment.
Located in Camarillo, CA
I'm a retired military, although still working on base. My wife and I try as much as we can to drive around during the weekends.
I've been following this group on YouTube for a while and am amazed at the groups friendliness. The main reason that i joined.
looking forward to tagging along on a not so hard trail run.

IMG_7346.jpg

Say hello to my Smurf Taco

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

The name is Boojie, I'm a boot when it comes to overlanding. I drive a Blue 3rd gen Taco 2017 that I named "SMURF TACO". Still riding on stock equipment.
Located in Camarillo, CA
I'm a retired military, although still working on base. My wife and I try as much as we can to drive around during the weekends.
I've been following this group on YouTube for a while and am amazed at the groups friendliness. The main reason that i joined.
looking forward to tagging along on a not so hard trail run.

View attachment 182021

Say hello to my Smurf Taco
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;

Reactions: Smurf Taco

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! New member located in the Okanagan valley area (Kelowna) and looking to start some group rides and open to tips on the overland build.
Just picked up a 2021 Chevy ZR2 and have some small upgrades so far, but that’s another post.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, if you could narrow down your location in the Bay Area Dave can help better.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark

Reactions: Kevlar71

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 181917
Rig: '18 Toyota Tacoma
Exp: Grew up in NM on a road that most would probably consider 4wd only, but for me was just going home. I definitely have a lot to learn. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the best layout for me and my pupper.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning