Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

Hey all! Brand new to the overland world, had my fair share of 4x4's mostly jeeps and built more for wekend camping or mudding but now have a 2009 Jeep liberty limitied 4x4 completely stock. Wife and I just passed one year of owning and are now looking to build it for overlanding!
Alittle about me: Wife and I are always looking for adventure, whether thats Mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, SCUBA diving, hiking, anything and everything outdoors. We currently live in Hawaii and are moving thanks to the Army in January. I am a photographer and document all of our journeys accordingly haha so be ready for photo heavy threads!
View attachment 9730 View attachment 9731 View attachment 9732
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location- Hawaii for now, then Maryland for 4 months then Tennessee for 3 years...(Active duty Army) makes you move alot.
3) Rig 2009 Jeep Liberty (all stock)
4) Overlanding Experience Background- None, offroad expecience but no overlanding experience.
Welcome to the group Patrick . nice rig thank you for your service , always good to see a fellow veteran out enjoying the great outdoors .

Patrick Kirby

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tennessee
Member #

Welcome to the group Patrick . nice rig thank you for your service , always good to see a fellow veteran out enjoying the great outdoors .
Mahalo! Where are you based out of? I used to mess around with a cherokee, first jeep and I loved it!

Attachments

Contributor I

Santa Clara Ca
Member #

Hey everybody how are y'all doing? My name is Will and my wife is Britta we are new to the Bay Area and found a video on YouTube from overland bound and thought it was pretty cool. I've been wanting to get out and hit trails since we moved here. We use to live in Maryland we moved out here for my job we drive across country to move here and it was the best experience. We both have jeep wranglers but we are going to outfit mine. We don't have any experience with overlanding but looking forward to learning.

2017 Jeep Wrangler 4 door

Santa Clara Ca

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey everybody how are y'all doing? My name is Will and my wife is Britta we are new to the Bay Area and found a video on YouTube from overland bound and thought it was pretty cool. I've been wanting to get out and hit trails since we moved here. We use to live in Maryland we moved out here for my job we drive across country to move here and it was the best experience. We both have jeep wranglers but we are going to outfit mine. We don't have any experience with overlanding but looking forward to learning.

Santa Clara Ca

Hello Will & Britta! Glad you found us :-) Welcome!!!

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

Mahalo! Where are you based out of? I used to mess around with a cherokee, first jeep and I loved it!
i've been out of the service since november 1994 , back then i was at fort benning up on kelly hill 3/24th mech and i was a 63s heavy wheel mechanic. my comanche i love it plus there's not many running around these days .

Reactions: Patrick Kirby

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Santa Clara Ca

Howdy!

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

Santa Clara Ca

hello welcome to the group :smiley:

KStPeter

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colchester, Vermont
Member #

Been kind of lurking the forum for a couple weeks now, so probably should introduce myself. I'll
put together a build thread here soon. Glad to be here and look forward to learning along the way! EDIT- Just purchased my membership, waiting on my OB number now, woohoo!

Location- Burlington, Vermont
Rig- 2006 Nissan Xterra
Overlanding Experience Background- Some experience, fairly new still.
Beach2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

Porter707

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Northern California
Member #

Hey all, been lurking for about a month now and figure it's about time to introduce myself.

My name's James and I live up in Sonoma County in California, lived up here my whole life, minus the stint I did in the US Army with the 82nd Airborne.

Purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR earlier this year and have been dumping all my money into it, to my Girlfriend's reluctance, since! I'm completely new to Overlanding, but not new to enjoying the outdoors and everything it offers! I can't wait to get my truck up to the point that I want it to be and to finally be able to take some time off work to get out and enjoy it!

Seems like a great group of people on here and can't wait to start meeting you all!

Ross

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Augusta, SC
Member #

New member and novice.
2015 Toyota Trail Ed. Premium. Gobi rack and getting Southern Styles Hybrid bumper and winch installed in next couple of weeks with a 2.5 inch lift up front to hopefully level it out.

Went to Overland Expo East this year and had a blast. Learned a ton and always enjoy learning more.

Attachments

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

New member and novice.
2015 Toyota Trail Ed. Premium. Gobi rack and getting Southern Styles Hybrid bumper and winch installed in next couple of weeks with a 2.5 inch lift up front to hopefully level it out.

Went to Overland Expo East this year and had a blast. Learned a ton and always enjoy learning more.
Yes, another Trail Premium! While I love the wide variety of overlanding vehicles, I have a slight bias toward T4R's... lol ;-) Welcome!

CharlieF

Rank 0

Contributor I

A quick intro. as I am a new member. I'll get my badge soon.
1. I know you all like pictures, I'll post some up
2. Based between Portugal & Hong Kong - yes I know its a long way between them.
3. 1997 80 series, 24v manual. Dream 4x4. Complete restoration on its way, so it can last another 20 years.
4. Experienced overlander in over 17 countries and counting.

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

3. 1997 80 series, 24v manual. Dream 4x4. Complete restoration on its way, so it can last another 20 years.
Welcome to the group

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Howdy, CharlieF!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey all, been lurking for about a month now and figure it's about time to introduce myself.

My name's James and I live up in Sonoma County in California, lived up here my whole life, minus the stint I did in the US Army with the 82nd Airborne.

Purchased a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR earlier this year and have been dumping all my money into it, to my Girlfriend's reluctance, since! I'm completely new to Overlanding, but not new to enjoying the outdoors and everything it offers! I can't wait to get my truck up to the point that I want it to be and to finally be able to take some time off work to get out and enjoy it!

Seems like a great group of people on here and can't wait to start meeting you all!
Welcome to the group James,

Titus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fairfield California
Member #

Hello all, my name is Titus. Let me start by saying that the world of overlanding wasn't something I even realized existed until about 2 years ago. I've since made multiple life changes and never had the chance to get out and really do it. Currently I live in the Solano County area in Northern California. I recently had the chance to buy my dream truck, a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4, and I've convinced my female counterpart to make it into our adventure and exploration vehicle. As for my experience, well it's pretty minuscule to say the least. I've done the hikeing and camping thing quite a bit in the past but fell out of it for a long time and went through a period where I craved it. Now I have finally reached a point where I can go back into the woods and explore. I hope to meet some of you and see as much of the world as I possibly can. One final note, my goal is to traverse the Pan-American highway at some point.

Attachments

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello all, my name is Titus. Let me start by saying that the world of overlanding wasn't something I even realized existed until about 2 years ago. I've since made multiple life changes and never had the chance to get out and really do it. Currently I live in the Solano County area in Northern California. I recently had the chance to buy my dream truck, a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4, and I've convinced my female counterpart to make it into our adventure and exploration vehicle. As for my experience, well it's pretty minuscule to say the least. I've done the hikeing and camping thing quite a bit in the past but fell out of it for a long time and went through a period where I craved it. Now I have finally reached a point where I can go back into the woods and explore. I hope to meet some of you and see as much of the world as I possibly can. One final note, my goal is to traverse the Pan-American highway at some point.
Welcome to the group Titus, good to see another RAM.

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

Been kind of lurking the forum for a couple weeks now, so probably should introduce myself. I'll
put together a build thread here soon. Glad to be here and look forward to learning along the way!

Location- Burlington, Vermont
Rig- 2006 Nissan Xterra
Overlanding Experience Background- Some experience, fairly new still.
welcome to the group KStPeter

Reactions: KStPeter