Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Charlotte, NC. We're just getting started good after alot of research since the Expo East mud fest where we got the fever. Slainte!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Expo East is now at a great location, even if it rains allot the area stays fairly mud free. ;-)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Good evening from Santa Cruz, California.

I've been lurking off-road forums for a few years now but have decided to commit fully after a year without distractions... Right?

I owned a 2000 4Runner from 2009-2018 when I traded it in for a 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro. On the 4Runner (limited white/tan) I ran it bone stock save for some all terrain Michlen tires.

I have 2 huskies and family in Southern Washington so long distance vehicular travel has been a part of my life for the last decade+

I have been fortunate enough to have friends and families with access to open land in the eastern Sierra's and up and down the California coast which has always provided my access to the great outdoors.

My challenges have more recently been (other than getting time off work ) finding places where me and my dogs can roam free.

My current rig, the 3rd gen Tacoma has already been through a couple of evolutions. My first accessory was a Can-Back canvas topper to provide shade for gear and my mutts. I ran that for about a year and a half before finally finding a roof rack that would fit around it. (SOS concepts "Bedstop Bedrack"). At the time this was paraise! I could keep my soft top and carry more gear up top (With a thule force XL cargo box I had used for my 4runner). Well, as it turns out, having a rack with a 700+ lbs static load rating opened up a whole new world to me.

With me and my 160lbs of dogs, I never had any qualms diving in the back of the 4runner or 5ft tacoma bed with topper but a couple of years ago we added some more members to the family. My girlfriend and her small shepard mix. Needless to say, 3 dogs and 2 humans require a bit more room!

Enter the world of the RTT and my full exposure to what I have learned to be the overland community.
Welcome to the Team
Like you I also have 3 dogs that I had to tailor my build around.
I went with the Softopper for my Ram, Decked, Prinsu, and a few more mods. The only thing I have left is the KB Voodoo Softopper Rack with MTB side mounts.

Happy Holiday's from Upstate NY

Reactions: Kent R and WolfDen

paleri

Rank III

Contributor III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Rahul
Last Name
Paleri
Member #

Hi All,

Rahul here, from Dubai.

Super excited to be part of this community. My rig currently consist of a 2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 (mainly) and a 2015 Suzuki Jimny 1.3. None are prepped (except decent tires) , but both my boys all capable enough to get me around UAE.

Been adventurous ever since getting my drivers license in 2014, but now realize there is more to just going over dunes after following this community online.

Looking forward to learning and being part of this community.

Regards
RP

RANGER.PNG
JIMNY.PNG

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hi All,

Rahul here, from Dubai.

Super excited to be part of this community. My rig currently consist of a 2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 (mainly) and a 2015 Suzuki Jimny 1.3. None are prepped (except decent tires) , but both my boys all capable enough to get me around UAE.

Been adventurous ever since getting my drivers license in 2014, but now realize there is more to just going over dunes after following this community online.

Regards
RP

View attachment 180617
View attachment 180618
Welcome from San Dimas, California USA. I like the Suzuki, it is novel for the USA, they no longer bring them to the USA.

Reactions: paleri and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Rahul here, from Dubai.

Regards
RP

View attachment 180617
View attachment 180618
Welcome to Overland Bound Rahul
Your Regional Director is Christoff @Get Out GO for additional help or information. Christoff is working with other members in your area to get a local Member Representative that can help organize local events.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: paleri

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi All,

Rahul here, from Dubai.

Regards
RP

View attachment 180617
View attachment 180618
Welcome to the Team,
You are absolutely right about the rigs, they do the job.

Reactions: Kent R and paleri

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tripp, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had fairly regular meet ups in Dallas, hopefully after the new year they will resume so keep an eye out.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:

Bidmudjoejeeping

Rank III

Member III

38 Gladstone Avenue, Manchester, New Jersey 08759, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
McPhee
Member #

Hello Tripp, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had fairly regular meet ups in Dallas, hopefully after the new year they will resume so keep an eye out.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
I'll join fb thank yoi

Reactions: Kent R

Bidmudjoejeeping

Rank III

Member III

38 Gladstone Avenue, Manchester, New Jersey 08759, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
McPhee
Member #

Hello everyone Im a newbie to this site and relatively new to overlanding.
Location-Frederick,Maryland
1999 4Runner is my latest rig
Also just got back from a little trip to Green Ridge state forest its a beautiful spot in western Md.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Wow that does look beautiful I am also a new member just joined today this is post number three

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone I just joined today. New to overlanding hit a few basic trails the last few months I purchased a 2016 Jeep Wrangler sport s jk after my son purchased his 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JK we fell in love with the Wrangler product and the fact of being off-road
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, hey! I just got my badge today!

Just in time for the holidays.

View attachment 180809
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: USStrongman