Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Can you post a picture of what your wanting to work on for overlanding. Is it an 80's model Landcruiser ? Does the Landcruiser belong to the Land Rover family ? I should know but I dont remember.

P.S. We are glad to have you aboard, it's a nice place to be.
Land Cruiser is not part of the Land Rover Family... LCs are Toyota.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
new member here,

Always wanted a Landcruiser and somehow managed to end up with a 97 LX450 and 04 LX470. Looking to build up my 80 for overlanding. Right now its just got a 2.5” lift but I have a few things planned, hope to get out on the trails soon!
How did you manage that, just 2 ? Is the 97 lx450 the model 80 you mentioned ? Do they still make Landcruisers ?

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Land Cruiser is not part of the Land Rover Family... LCs are Toyota.
I just forgot. I'm a ford man anyway.
My son in Colorado just bought his son a Rust free 1996 Ford Explorer that is a cream puff with 108k miles. Its a Denver car and is sweeeeeeet. He picked this up for $3000 from a one owner guy. I looked for one of these for a year before I bought my LRD2. No comparison in quality but still I love my Fords.

Attachments

BlueTinCan

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Tripp
Last Name
Westbrook
Member #

Hello from north Texas. Land Rover enthusiast here just starting to branch out into overlanding. Have spent most of my time patching together Series trucks but now have a new Discovery and looking to build it up. In fact, I have my first trip in it to the Big Bend area between Christmas and New Year's. Looking forward to diving in here.
Cheers.

gvb40

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Anselmo Ca
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Vonbuchau
Thanks, added some pictures. We love the sprinter!
Mike. 2017 Sprinter with Agile rip and winch looking for other Sprinter owners who want to do some over landing. I’m heading down to do the Bradshaw trail in the next couple of weeks and would sure like some company. Wife and dog are with me.
I live in the North Bay.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thank you so much Kent R for the info! I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

Khael

Rank II

Traveler II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Alba
Member #

Thanks, added some pictures. We love the sprinter!
Mike. 2017 Sprinter with Agile rip and winch looking for other Sprinter owners who want to do some over landing. I’m heading down to do the Bradshaw trail in the next couple of weeks and would sure like some company. Wife and dog are with me.
I live in the North Bay.
Sounds like fun but we're probably not heading out that far during the next few weeks, max is roughly 4 hours away. I'd love to hear about your trip.

I'm always traveling with my wife and 1 young boy, sometimes 2 teenage boys come too. My wife and little guy love it, teens - not so much. I'm guessing we're going to get some snow seeking travel in the coming weeks - little kids love snow! Any pointers on nice snow trips?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally downloaded the app to join the community. Been a long time subscriber on YouTube. We live in Jacksonville Florida so we’ve done a few trails and camped at the beach many times. Looking forward to more trips out of state.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Reactions: Franc0

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from north Texas. Land Rover enthusiast here just starting to branch out into overlanding. Have spent most of my time patching together Series trucks but now have a new Discovery and looking to build it up. In fact, I have my first trip in it to the Big Bend area between Christmas and New Year's. Looking forward to diving in here.
Cheers.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined after finding this community on YT. I live in Orange County, CA. Have been "Overlanding" since before the term existed. Started off with a FJ-40, then to Toyota pickups and am now in a Tundra. Will be getting a new Tundra soon and outfitting that for Overlanding.

Experience includes many multiple week long off-road trips to Baja, The Socal Deserts, Angeles Forrest off-roading, Sierras, AZ, Utah, New Mexico etc...
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joined after I stumbled into this forum while looking for offroad trails in New Jersey. Already found some useful info. Thanks!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
new member here,

Always wanted a Landcruiser and somehow managed to end up with a 97 LX450 and 04 LX470. Looking to build up my 80 for overlanding. Right now its just got a 2.5” lift but I have a few things planned, hope to get out on the trails soon!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Finally downloaded the app to join the community. Been a long time subscriber on YouTube. We live in Jacksonville Florida so we’ve done a few trails and camped at the beach many times. Looking forward to more trips out of state
Merry Christmas

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Finally downloaded the app to join the community. Been a long time subscriber on YouTube. We live in Jacksonville Florida so we’ve done a few trails and camped at the beach many times. Looking forward to more trips out of state.
Welcome to the community! Im a couple hours up the road from ya. Nice looking rig you have there!

Reactions: Franc0 and Kent R

WolfDen

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Kyler
Last Name
Christian
Member #

Good evening from Santa Cruz, California.

I've been lurking off-road forums for a few years now but have decided to commit fully after a year without distractions... Right?

I owned a 2000 4Runner from 2009-2018 when I traded it in for a 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro. On the 4Runner (limited white/tan) I ran it bone stock save for some all terrain Michlen tires.

I have 2 huskies and family in Southern Washington so long distance vehicular travel has been a part of my life for the last decade+

I have been fortunate enough to have friends and families with access to open land in the eastern Sierra's and up and down the California coast which has always provided my access to the great outdoors.

My challenges have more recently been (other than getting time off work ) finding places where me and my dogs can roam free.

My current rig, the 3rd gen Tacoma has already been through a couple of evolutions. My first accessory was a Can-Back canvas topper to provide shade for gear and my mutts. I ran that for about a year and a half before finally finding a roof rack that would fit around it. (SOS concepts "Bedstop Bedrack"). At the time this was paraise! I could keep my soft top and carry more gear up top (With a thule force XL cargo box I had used for my 4runner). Well, as it turns out, having a rack with a 700+ lbs static load rating opened up a whole new world to me.

With me and my 160lbs of dogs, I never had any qualms diving in the back of the 4runner or 5ft tacoma bed with topper but a couple of years ago we added some more members to the family. My girlfriend and her small shepard mix. Needless to say, 3 dogs and 2 humans require a bit more room!

Enter the world of the RTT and my full exposure to what I have learned to be the overland community.

Attachments