First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone!

My name is Dylan Goode and I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area. I drive a 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 4WD 5 speed manual with a camper shell on the bed.

I go to school in Tucson at the University of Arizona. Usually I spend two thirds of my year in southern Arizona and the other third back home in Northern California.

I am lucky enough to have a travel companion for my journeys, my girlfriend, Caroline Oman. Caroline is from Nashville, Tennessee and also attends the University of Arizona in Tucson.

We have intermediate experience when it comes to overlanding. I bought the Taco (stock) back in October of 2020. Since then we’ve been outfitting the truck and exploring as much as possible! Our most recent trip was camping in Half Moon Bay on the Northern California coast.

Some of our interests/hobbies are camping with friends, appreciating/preserving the beauty of nature, listening to good music (especially Grateful Dead), all kinds of cars (occasionally working on them too), photography, collecting cool rocks/crystals/patches and fighting over the last pack of gummy snacks.

We are very excited to be apart of this community and to interact with people who share the same love of adventure. There’s nothing like having the freedom to take the road less traveled, explore nature, and to remove oneself from society!

Feel free to follow our adventures on Instagram @all.goode @carolineomann
Glad you guys found us here! Nice Tacoma wheels! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

Country Boy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Badlands
First Name
Rod
Last Name
T
Hello from northern North Dakota. New to overlanding, but a long time fan of exploring, camping, cooking, and great scenery. Have a basic Chevy Trailblazer with some camping gear in the back end, and excited to do some planning for the summer. Adventure is necessary.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Howdy Ho Junior Campers!

New member here, pumped to be apart of a community of adventurous people! Right now I'm building on a 2020 Ford Ranger STX, seems a little ridiculous I know, but I have the "built, not bought" mentality with this rig. Big project for the spring will be adding an Old Man Emu suspension package and bigger tires. I've already found a few of the listed Class 4 roads in my area and explored them with little to no problems already. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, finding new trails, and adding to the community!

Cory B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cullman
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Britton
Member #

Hello from northern North Dakota. New to overlanding, but a long time fan of exploring, camping, cooking, and great scenery. Have a basic Chevy Trailblazer with some camping gear in the back end, and excited to do some planning for the summer. Adventure is necessary.
I had a chevy colorado. I put an add a leaf on the rear and torsion keys on the front and could run 33's. If they hadn't been so wide they wouldn't have scrubbed. I should have went with 10.50's instead of the 12.50's lol. Welcome to a great community with great people.

1608001532682.png

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Want to introduce myself.
I have a 2018 Silverado z71
Working on making this truck my overland build. Still new and looking to read up and check out other build ideas.
Welcome to the Team,
Like you I'm building out my Rig, right now I'm buying the mods to install this spring.
I just picked up the Decked Drawer System but since it doesn't work with the Drop in Bed liner I want to either LineX or Raptor Liner the truck bed before installing the Decked in my Ram.
I also picked up the Prinsu Rack, Light Bars, Bumpers, Winch, and my favorite Mod - the Softopper
Running a 2.5 Pro Comp Leveling kit for now, and my favorite Pro Comp A/Ts.
Well there's year 1 in a nutshell less the storage boxes and interior mods

Can't wait to see what you do, Happy Holidays

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Howdy Ho Junior Campers!

New member here, pumped to be apart of a community of adventurous people! Right now I'm building on a 2020 Ford Ranger STX, seems a little ridiculous I know, but I have the "built, not bought" mentality with this rig. Big project for the spring will be adding an Old Man Emu suspension package and bigger tires. I've already found a few of the listed Class 4 roads in my area and explored them with little to no problems already. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, finding new trails, and adding to the community!
Welcome, can't wait to see what you ROLL OUT this spring.
Happy Holidays

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello everyone!

New member here, very excited to be apart of this community. My wife and I have had a hard time finding people who are also interested in overlanding in our area. We figured this would be a great place to start. We have one 4 year old girl who loves being outdoors. We are in the Pacific Northwest, Washington specifically. We are currently building up our 2007 4Runner Limited V6 to be our overlanding rig. Bilstein 5100 and OME coils are about to be installed. We are getting it all outfitted for hopefully a new year of exciting adventures. My current profession is a firefighter/EMT. Prior to being a firefighter I was a wildland firefighter. Doing this for number years granted me experience off-roading brush trucks into some precarious areas, along with recovering operations to get out of some of those areas. I was also on a building spec committee on outfitting our new brush trucks to get places heavy diesel trucks normally wouldn't/shouldn't go. Very fun part of my career. Now, I am looking forward to showing my family the great outdoors. Thanks!
Welcome to the Team, you couldn't have picked a better platform to build off.
Can't wait to see more
In the meantime - Happy Holidays, and most of all Stay Safe

Reactions: Kent R and Cory B

Traveler II

Stanwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Kerr
Member #

Hello everyone!

New member here, very excited to be apart of this community. My wife and I have had a hard time finding people who are also interested in overlanding in our area. We figured this would be a great place to start. We have one 4 year old girl who loves being outdoors. We are in the Pacific Northwest, Washington specifically. We are currently building up our 2007 4Runner Limited V6 to be our overlanding rig. Bilstein 5100 and OME coils are about to be installed. We are getting it all outfitted for hopefully a new year of exciting adventures. My current profession is a firefighter/EMT. Prior to being a firefighter I was a wildland firefighter. Doing this for number years granted me experience off-roading brush trucks into some precarious areas, along with recovering operations to get out of some of those areas. I was also on a building spec committee on outfitting our new brush trucks to get places heavy diesel trucks normally wouldn't/shouldn't go. Very fun part of my career. Now, I am looking forward to showing my family the great outdoors. Thanks!
Welcome to the Team, you couldn't have picked a better platform to build off.
Can't wait to see more
In the meantime - Happy Holidays, and most of all Stay Safe
We are very excited about our 4th Gen 4Runner. Bought it 4 years ago, one owner with 72,000 miles. We just rolled 120,000 and it’s still not missing a beat. Excited to put the OME lift on it and start building it up. Been a phenomenal truck.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Ho Junior Campers!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative to you is @Montana Carl
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

We are very excited about our 4th Gen 4Runner. Bought it 4 years ago, one owner with 72,000 miles. We just rolled 120,000 and it’s still not missing a beat. Excited to put the OME lift on it and start building it up. Been a phenomenal truck.
I use to have a 97 Camry that I racked over 260k miles on, and my X.. crashed it, my 93 another 200 plus, so you are right about not skipping a beat. When you do replace the suspension I would replace the ball joints, you might find a very inexpensive control arm replacement options as well with Mevotech or Moog. If you haven't replaced the brakes check out PowerStop Z36 kits. You have a world of options available.

Traveler II

Stanwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Kerr
Member #

I use to have a 97 Camry that I racked over 260k miles on, and my X.. crashed it, my 93 another 200 plus, so you are right about not skipping a beat. When you do replace the suspension I would replace the ball joints, you might find a very inexpensive control arm replacement options as well with Mevotech or Moog. If you haven't replaced the brakes check out PowerStop Z36 kits. You have a world of options available.
My first truck was a Toyota 2wd “Hilux” with a manual. I think I had just over 300k on it when I sold it. Great little truck. Your absolutely right about the ball joints, we were thinking of putting on JBA UCA’s. It’s one of our daily drivers so I want to make sure I can get a proper alignment. Thanks for the intel on brakes, I’m also due for front pads. Thank you!

Dirt-Merchant

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
First
Last Name
Last
Ham/GMRS Callsign
[Private]
Just joined after finding this community on YT. I live in Orange County, CA. Have been "Overlanding" since before the term existed. Started off with a FJ-40, then to Toyota pickups and am now in a Tundra. Will be getting a new Tundra soon and outfitting that for Overlanding.

Experience includes many multiple week long off-road trips to Baja, The Socal Deserts, Angeles Forrest off-roading, Sierras, AZ, Utah, New Mexico etc...

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Just joined after finding this community on YT. I live in Orange County, CA. Have been "Overlanding" since before the term existed. Started off with a FJ-40, then to Toyota pickups and am now in a Tundra. Will be getting a new Tundra soon and outfitting that for Overlanding.

Experience includes many multiple week long off-road trips to Baja, The Socal Deserts, Angeles Forrest off-roading, Sierras, AZ, Utah, New Mexico etc...
Glad to have you here. Welcome to all the new folks!

Reactions: srotier and Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
new member here,

Always wanted a Landcruiser and somehow managed to end up with a 97 LX450 and 04 LX470. Looking to build up my 80 for overlanding. Right now its just got a 2.5” lift but I have a few things planned, hope to get out on the trails soon!
Can you post a picture of what your wanting to work on for overlanding. Is it an 80's model Landcruiser ? Does the Landcruiser belong to the Land Rover family ? I should know but I dont remember.

P.S. We are glad to have you aboard, it's a nice place to be.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
lx450 is the lexus branded version of the toyota landcruiser, they are pretty much identical with minor differences. I plan to make mine a bit more trail capable and overland by adding sliders, rear diff locker, roof rack and other items as needed
If you need any help or advise you can find it here most of the time. Check out all the forums for similar projects. Forums are shown at bottom left on this page, just click on it.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose