Rank III

Contributor III

205 Charles Road, Jacksonville, North Carolina 28546, United States
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Newport
Member #

Hello, my name is Joel, I'm a retired U.S. Marine. I'm fairly new to Overlanding, although technically I've been overlanding for years in the military. I currently reside in Jacksonville, NC. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner (Toothless) that I am building up. I'm really stoked to have found Overland Bound, the community and overlanding in general. I look forward to meeting you all sometime.

MAB Adventure

Rank I

Enthusiast I

New Member! My name is Cory and my wife is Anna. We are from Mississippi. I grew up camping, backpacking, and involved with the local Offroad community, she grew up not doing that. We met as camp counselors got married and bought a 2013 JKUR. After spending some time rock crawling and stuff we decided to get into something more relaxing and more camping oriented. I traded my JKUR in for a 2013 Nissan Titan Pro-4X and have been building it up for the last few weeks. I’m super excited to be here and apart of this community.

Reactions: Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi all of you out there!

My name is Ruud, but since that's sort of unpronounceable for the English speaking, let's keep it to Whoosh.
I consider myself to be a medium experienced terrain driver.
As for overlanding, I am gradually building up experience. For several years we (my wife and I) been bouncing around in mountainous terrain in Europe - highlights being Spain en Italy.
Our great plan to drive to Mongolia and back had to be postponed due to that nasty virus. Well, we did a tour instead through 9 countries all the way to southern Italy. Flexibility is the key.
My driving ambitions are more geared towards getting there (and back again) than in wrecking my rig by fun&games.
This year I have created my own build-in. After an extended design phase (detailed CAD) the building itself actually went quite smoothly. Proof, I think, that planning if often better than plungeing. The fact that it all worked well in the field turned out to be quite a relief ;-)
To give you a bit of a feel for our setup: we sleep in an AluCab roof top tent, and have a QuickPitch en-suite attached for privacy sensitive situations :-)
The rig we drive is an Iveco Massif (anyone own one?). It is outfitted with custom made rock sliders. Since the build-in it carries an extra 120 liters of diesel and 50 liters of water.
So far we're quite happy with the Massif's performance.

I'm quite willing to share any and all of my knowledge and experience - always for what it's worth, of course.
Even more than that, I'm quite willing to learn!

...oh, and please forgive the inevitable language-related errors and stupidities. It's not my mother's tongue...
Hallo Ruud,

Van harte welkom op dit forum en in deze fijn groep mensen.

I hope you will be happy to find enough information, help, companions and more.
And if you need something, I am happy to help out.

You already found the OB Mid Europe Facebook page but we also have a informal Whatsapp group.
If you like you can join us there as well for some chit chat.

Greetings from Robert

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
New Member! My name is Cory and my wife is Anna. We are from Mississippi. I grew up camping, backpacking, and involved with the local Offroad community, she grew up not doing that. We met as camp counselors got married and bought a 2013 JKUR. After spending some time rock crawling and stuff we decided to get into something more relaxing and more camping oriented. I traded my JKUR in for a 2013 Nissan Titan Pro-4X and have been building it up for the last few weeks. I’m super excited to be here and apart of this community.
welcome cory!
i'm right under you in louisiana and there isn't much down in our area...my wife and i have been hitting arkansas and georgia a lot so if you're interested in that, shoot me a DM and i'll share what i know with you. i have a tundra, so pretty much the same as your titan as far as size and what trails it can fit on

Nox717

Rank 0
Tennessee
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Wheeler
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Matthew and my wife is Natasha, we live in Tennessee in the middle of Nashville and knoxville. We started overlanding last year and took our first long distance trip this summer where we went to Colorado and Utah. Our goal is take a big trip every year. Our vehicle of choice is a 19 tacoma and we are currently working on fixing a m416 trailer to take with us.

Attachments

Me_smith

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greer, SC
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Smith
Hi everyone. I am Matt, sometimes I go by M.E., because there are quite a lot Matt Smiths in the world.
I live in Greer, SC.
I am very much a novice in this world, currently have a 1997 f150 which is more a road machine than a off road machine.
I plan on getting a Toyota Tacoma at the beginning of next year, and I’m just looking to learn!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Whats up yall! Im from Fayetteville, AR and I currently drive a 2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited! I wouldn't say I am an experienced overlander, but I definitely have some experience! Here a pic of the rig a few weeks agoView attachment 173408
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hi there,

I'm a happy overlander. I love the challenge of building up a rig that suits my needs. I'm currently in a 2008 Tundra. So far I've installed an OME 2" lift, switched over to Falken AT3W's for tires (love them!), have created a sleeping/storage/kitchen area in the bed with a shell over the top, built my own GooseGear-style back seat storage, have installed and am adding to a solar setup, and have various accessories on top of the Rhino Rack roof rack. I'm adding a front and rear bumper setup from Expedition One next weekend!

I live in Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge, and absolutely love to go out on various kinds of trips with my friends. Exploring and getting out there really makes my life more full. Other things I do:
Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

...and the list goes on. Happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to all of the information I can get.
Hi there,

I'm a happy overlander. I love the challenge of building up a rig that suits my needs. I'm currently in a 2008 Tundra. So far I've installed an OME 2" lift, switched over to Falken AT3W's for tires (love them!), have created a sleeping/storage/kitchen area in the bed with a shell over the top, built my own GooseGear-style back seat storage, have installed and am adding to a solar setup, and have various accessories on top of the Rhino Rack roof rack. I'm adding a front and rear bumper setup from Expedition One next weekend!

I live in Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge, and absolutely love to go out on various kinds of trips with my friends. Exploring and getting out there really makes my life more full. Other things I do:
Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

...and the list goes on. Happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to all of the information I can get.
Hi Dave,

Just reaching out to connect and welcome you to Overland Bound!!

Cheers,

John

IronmanTaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Thank you for the Welcome! My name is Frankie Fernandez, living out here in the PNW. I'm an Island Boy originally from the beautiful Island of Guam. I served in the Army as an Infantryman for 9 years and have been an LEO for the past 3 years. Growing up on the Island, offroading and camping are a must. Living here in Washington my wife, kids, and I have gotten accustomed to the Overland lifestyle and it's something we all enjoy. I look forward to meeting some of you wonderful people.

Attachments

Runninyoda

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey gang! Hope everyone is safe and well!!
Im Eli from long island NY, im new to the world of overland. Ive been camping before and have gone wheeling a bunch but ive never done it at the same time off grid. I look forward to making new friends and experiencing some serious adventures on some trails !
Currently running a 07 4runner sr5 with 3" toytec lift and 285/70 r17 ridge grapplers all around. Got a few pics of my rig while out doing truck stuff.
Screenshot_20201014-012807_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20201014-010447_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang! Hope everyone is safe and well!!
Im Eli from long island NY, im new to the world of overland. Ive been camping before and have gone wheeling a bunch but ive never done it at the same time off grid. I look forward to making new friends and experiencing some serious adventures on some trails !
Currently running a 07 4runner sr5 with 3" toytec lift and 285/70 r17 ridge grapplers all around. Got a few pics of my rig while out doing truck stuff.
View attachment 173590View attachment 173591
Welcome to Overland Bound Eli
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Runninyoda

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the Welcome! My name is Frankie Fernandez, living out here in the PNW. I'm an Island Boy originally from the beautiful Island of Guam. I served in the Army as an Infantryman for 9 years and have been an LEO for the past 3 years. Growing up on the Island, offroading and camping are a must. Living here in Washington my wife, kids, and I have gotten accustomed to the Overland lifestyle and it's something we all enjoy. I look forward to meeting some of you wonderful people.
Welcome to Overland Bound Frankie.
The PNW is an awesome place to get out and enjoy our lifestyle.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: IronmanTaco

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone name is Tom been playing with off road for almost 30 years , looking to start some adventures I'm in South Jersey.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tom.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. I am Matt, sometimes I go by M.E., because there are quite a lot Matt Smiths in the world.
I live in Greer, SC.
I am very much a novice in this world, currently have a 1997 f150 which is more a road machine than a off road machine.
I plan on getting a Toyota Tacoma at the beginning of next year, and I’m just looking to learn!
Welcome To Overland Bound M.E.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My name is Matthew and my wife is Natasha, we live in Tennessee in the middle of Nashville and knoxville. We started overlanding last year and took our first long distance trip this summer where we went to Colorado and Utah. Our goal is take a big trip every year. Our vehicle of choice is a 19 tacoma and we are currently working on fixing a m416 trailer to take with us.
Welcome To Overland Bound Matthew and Natasha.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors, Hanks sets up some really great meet-ups and trips.