Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there!
New to this forum and fairly new to overlanding
Skill level: novice
Rig: I'm actually in highschool and looking to buy my first rig. I started a forum if anyone would take a look I'd really appreciate it.
Just happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Boise idaho. I've been in Idaho 50 years and know it fairly well. I have a lot of experience off-road.
Main rig is a suburban but have a couple of xjs.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Logansrun01

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I am about as new to this as you can get. Yes, I've gone camping now and then and though I really enjoy it I definitely have a lot to learn. I currently own a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4wd long bed. Edit: Forgot to add that I live in socal/OC.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone,
I go by Vince because most ppl can't correctly pronounce fist name ahaha. I'm currently located in Hayward, CA. I've been camping all my life but new to Overlanding but like most of you I assume, I got hooked quickly and own two rigs now. My fist is a 95' 4runner and my second is my 96' LX450. My girlfriend and I are excited to learn and explore.
Hey Vincente

Cool rigs! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be October 11th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

RyanWayn3

Rank 0

Contributor I

Haslet, Texas, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Batson
Member #

Hello everyone,
I'm military guy, currently serving in TXARNG. Being in texas makes overlanding tough, but I try to get my family(wife&2youngboys) out as much as possible. We enjoy camping whenever we get a chance and are looking to expand out vehicle camping to bigger and better places. I reside in the north texas area and although we just sold our beloved 4th gen 4runner that was kitted out. We are now outfitting a 2017 toyota tundra to fit our needs! Thanks for the oppurtunity to be apart of something of this magnitude. We are happy to be here!

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Hi everyone! I am about as new to this as you can get. Yes, I've gone camping now and then and though I really enjoy it I definitely have a lot to learn. I currently own a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4wd long bed. Edit: Forgot to add that I live in socal/OC.
Welcome from Okotoks, Alberta. Glad you joined OB. I’ve been doing overlanding for years now, but still consider myself a ‘novice with some awkward moments’ . Just have fun and be safe. You’ll be ok.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

WannFly

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Dacula, GA, USA
First Name
Priyo
Last Name
NAN
Member #

Greetings everyone from Fargo, ND. Very recently the off-roading and overlanding bug hit me and hence i am here. very novice to this, especially as compared to some of the videos I see out there on YT. I do like off the beaten path travel and its more of a journey for me than the destination itself.

I got a mall crawler(though I hate going to malls) and planning to build it out as a overlanding rig. its 2019 RAM 1500 with mall crawling 22 inch wheels, that I will be changing soon enough.

Next adventure planned is Rocky mountain national park during the dead beat of winter, last 2 weeks in Dec, hoping to catch some blizzards along the way. Like i dont get enough snow here :d
20200904_235656581_iOS.jpg

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Greetings everyone from Fargo, ND. Very recently the off-roading and overlanding bug hit me and hence i am here. very novice to this, especially as compared to some of the videos I see out there on YT. I do like off the beaten path travel and its more of a journey for me than the destination itself.

I got a mall crawler(though I hate going to malls) and planning to build it out as a overlanding rig. its 2019 RAM 1500 with mall crawling 22 inch wheels, that I will be changing soon enough.

Next adventure planned is Rocky mountain national park during the dead beat of winter, last 2 weeks in Dec, hoping to catch some blizzards along the way. Like i dont get enough snow here :d
View attachment 172923
Welcome. Nice rig.

Reactions: Kent R and WannFly

Beaullieu

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Beaullieu
Greetings All.. I joined the forum and have been lurking for a while so thought it was time to break the silence. I'm a newbie at "overlanding" but have been driving forest service roads and camping/hiking in the National Forests for a long time. Looking forward to learning a lot from others who have been overlanding.. BTW, I'm going to be using the vehicles I have to get out (2007 Honda Ridgeline and 2018 Subaru Forester) vs getting a dedicated off road vehicle. Hope to find other's using similar vehicles and see how they have them rigged.....

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ryan (@RyanWayn3 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up and trip planning in the DFW area this weekend. US Southwest - Dallas / Fort Worth Meetup (next trip planning)
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,
I'm military guy, currently serving in TXARNG. Being in texas makes overlanding tough, but I try to get my family(wife&2youngboys) out as much as possible. We enjoy camping whenever we get a chance and are looking to expand out vehicle camping to bigger and better places. I reside in the north texas area and although we just sold our beloved 4th gen 4runner that was kitted out. We are now outfitting a 2017 toyota tundra to fit our needs! Thanks for the oppurtunity to be apart of something of this magnitude. We are happy to be here!
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community. Thank you for your service.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

View attachment 172923
Hello Priyo, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and WannFly

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings All.. I joined the forum and have been lurking for a while so thought it was time to break the silence. I'm a newbie at "overlanding" but have been driving forest service roads and camping/hiking in the National Forests for a long time. Looking forward to learning a lot from others who have been overlanding.. BTW, I'm going to be using the vehicles I have to get out (2007 Honda Ridgeline and 2018 Subaru Forester) vs getting a dedicated off road vehicle. Hope to find other's using similar vehicles and see how they have them rigged.....
Hello Bob, welcome to the OB community. If you are into Youtube check out Softroadingthewest for Subaru ideas.

Reactions: Kent R

AppStateOX

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Setzer
How’s it going! My name is Zach, and I’m an alumnus of App State. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors, but overlanding will be new. I recently purchased a 2014 JKU Rubicon, and knew I didn’t want the long arm kits, 6” lifts, tons, etc that can be seen as “typical” for Jeeps. I did know that I wanted it to be functional and self sustainable though, so I’m starting my quest.

Attachments

IBWandering

Rank II

Contributor III

Hood River
First Name
David
Last Name
Scharfenberg
Member #

Hi there,

I'm a happy overlander. I love the challenge of building up a rig that suits my needs. I'm currently in a 2008 Tundra. So far I've installed an OME 2" lift, switched over to Falken AT3W's for tires (love them!), have created a sleeping/storage/kitchen area in the bed with a shell over the top, built my own GooseGear-style back seat storage, have installed and am adding to a solar setup, and have various accessories on top of the Rhino Rack roof rack. I'm adding a front and rear bumper setup from Expedition One next weekend!

I live in Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge, and absolutely love to go out on various kinds of trips with my friends. Exploring and getting out there really makes my life more full. Other things I do:
Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

...and the list goes on. Happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to all of the information I can get.

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Hi there,

I'm a happy overlander. I love the challenge of building up a rig that suits my needs. I'm currently in a 2008 Tundra. So far I've installed an OME 2" lift, switched over to Falken AT3W's for tires (love them!), have created a sleeping/storage/kitchen area in the bed with a shell over the top, built my own GooseGear-style back seat storage, have installed and am adding to a solar setup, and have various accessories on top of the Rhino Rack roof rack. I'm adding a front and rear bumper setup from Expedition One next weekend!

I live in Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge, and absolutely love to go out on various kinds of trips with my friends. Exploring and getting out there really makes my life more full. Other things I do:
Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

...and the list goes on. Happy to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to all of the information I can get.
Welcome David. Would be great if you could share pics of your sleeping/storage/kitchen build. I’m particularly interested on your solar setup as well.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi there,

Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

Welcome David,
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest Member Representative down in Portland.
Glad to see another fellow fisherman to add to our ranks.
Check out the Member Maps to find members in your area. Rally Points are member generated events where you can filter the event by region.
I’m sure John and Christina will have stuff to add as well.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach to me or @jcgraves3 .

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

SteveForgues

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pennsylvania
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Forgues
Originally from SoCal, but currently live in Pennsylvania.
2015 Jeep Wrangler (JKU) Sport
Have always enjoyed the outdoors, camping and off-roading. Since getting my Jeep a few years ago, I’ve primarily been into off-roading, but want to get into overlanding. Been subscribed to several YouTube channels for overlanding for quite some time. I have an small trailer that I plan on repurposing for hauling everything.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Originally from SoCal, but currently live in Pennsylvania.
2015 Jeep Wrangler (JKU) Sport
Have always enjoyed the outdoors, camping and off-roading. Since getting my Jeep a few years ago, I’ve primarily been into off-roading, but want to get into overlanding. Been subscribed to several YouTube channels for overlanding for quite some time. I have an small trailer that I plan on repurposing for hauling everything.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there,

Photography
Fishing
Hiking
Biking

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Logansrun01