• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Hawthorne california
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Saldana
Hello everyone

My name is Fernando and i live in southern california more precisely in the southbay area. I have been following overland bound for quite some time now. Currently we do not have an overland rig but we have been searching for a few months now hoping that soon we'll find it. My fiance and i have a little one and for the longest have been wanting to start being more active outdoors going out and adventuring with our little family as i remember when I was a young boy when my father would take us out camping and long road trips, many memories were created and i believe helped shaped me into the person i am today so I would love my son to be able to have the same experiences as i did as a child. Thank you and i look forward to meeting ya'll.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone

My name is Fernando and i live in southern california more precisely in the southbay area. I have been following overland bound for quite some time now. Currently we do not have an overland rig but we have been searching for a few months now hoping that soon we'll find it. My fiance and i have a little one and for the longest have been wanting to start being more active outdoors going out and adventuring with our little family as i remember when I was a young boy when my father would take us out camping and long road trips, many memories were created and i believe helped shaped me into the person i am today so I would love my son to be able to have the same experiences as i did as a child. Thank you and i look forward to meeting ya'll.
Welcome to Overland Bound Fernando
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! New to the site! I tend to camp in easy to get to spots, but are also secluded. Looking to go further out in the future to disconnect and get away from the city more!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add to the group. I am currently a novice when it comes to overlanding and hope to learn all I can while relaying my experiences for others to learn from (my mistakes that is.. lol)

My Current Rig is a 2017 Nissan Armada 4WD. Only modifications so far are A/T tires and the addition of a full offroad recovery kit, deflators and air pump. More to come!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee

Reactions: stevehayes01

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! Tom here, from Hemet California. Looking forward to connecting with everyone and getting out on the trail! My family and I are fairly experienced backpackers/car campers, and we are looking forward to getting into overlanding! Currently running a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, and sloooooowly trying to outfit it for the trail.

Looking forward to all the stuff I will learn here!
Welcome to Overland Bound Tom
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

Sorry for the short msg. My name is Carlos and I live in San Diego CA. Wife and I love to go out and visit new places hiking and/or driving out truck. We own a Jeep Cherokee 96 that has been in the family for over 20yrs and now we use it mainly for our camping trips.

Looking forward to meeting and enjoy some of the beautiful places in west coast.
Welcome to Overland Bound Carlos
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone and I am super excited. I am stuck between rock crawling and overlanding Nd I have learned I enjoy the overlanding and adventuring more than off-roading.
From the NYC area living in Charlotte now and been wheeling a couple time. Job doesn't afford time off to go too far but looking to take a few weeks next year to head to south Dakota.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow overland enthusiasts. New to the forum and to over-landing in the USA. Moved to Cumming Georgia from South Africa 4 years ago. Did some safaris in Africa including Namibia and Botswana. Thanks for having me in this group.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone! New to the site! I tend to camp in easy to get to spots, but are also secluded. Looking to go further out in the future to disconnect and get away from the city more!
Hello and welcome,
As @Kent R said, I’m the northwest director. @beyondthepavement is your closest member representative.
Check out the Member Map to find members close to you. Enjoy the journey.
Feel free to contact myself or @beyondthepavement with any questions you might have.

Mike Rose
northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

chanceboarder

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Refuerzo
Member #

Hi All,
I'm Jason, new to the forum and to overlanding. I live in Los Angeles (West LA area) and work in the entertainment industry and am also a part time photographer. My rig is a 2015 Subaru Outback. Been slowly putting more work into it over the years but it's been great for getting me out on adventures to photograph, go climbing, camping, fly fishing, and snowboarding, just love getting out there. Look forward to being part of the community.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi All,
I'm Jason, new to the forum and to overlanding. I live in Los Angeles (West LA area) and work in the entertainment industry and am also a part time photographer. My rig is a 2015 Subaru Outback. Been slowly putting more work into it over the years but it's been great for getting me out on adventures to photograph, go climbing, camping, fly fishing, and snowboarding, just love getting out there. Look forward to being part of the community.
Welcome from Oklahoma, I am sure you can inspire us with your photography skills in the Overland Photography section.

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Hi All,
Welcome Jason. I just joined as well (today!). Can’t wait to join some events here in Canada. What mods have you done to your rig?

chanceboarder

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Refuerzo
Member #

Welcome Jason. I just joined as well (today!). Can’t wait to join some events here in Canada. What mods have you done to your rig?
Welcome to you as well! Only tires and some basic light upgrades so far. Looking to add some armor for the added protection and then maybe a lift. It's gotten me everywhere I've wanted to go so far but wouldn't mind opening up some additional trails with some mods. Been looking through the forums to get some ideas on what others are running and how its been working out for them. Looking forward to learning from the community.

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Welcome to you as well! Only tires and some basic light upgrades so far. Looking to add some armor for the added protection and then maybe a lift. It's gotten me everywhere I've wanted to go so far but wouldn't mind opening up some additional trails with some mods. Been looking through the forums to get some ideas on what others are running and how its been working out for them. Looking forward to learning from the community.
Yeah, that’s how I started too - especially the tires and lights. I’ve now done some mods (actually had someone do it for me) after a couple overland trips. May add some more as I get deeper into Overlanding.

TheViking

Rank III

Member I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Nielsen
Member #

Hi there,

Getting back into off roading and overlanding after a 4-5 year break. Sold my 1997 LC that was fully built and supercharged. Biggest regret I have. Now looking at building my 2013 Tundra for light overlanding just did bumpers, suspension, tires, sliders, armor and decked drawers.
Also, looking at get a fully built FJ/4runner or Taco for the more extreme with all the bells and whisles.
Looking to join some trips soon!
Currently in the Bay area CA until I can exit this falied State:)
Have done many trips before and a gear junkie.

Jtoverland

Rank III

Contributor III

New York
First Name
Andres
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Andres, originally from Colombia but moved to New York about 8 years ago. I'm pretty new to Overlanding but I love exploring the outdoors. I've done a lot of camping and backpacking in the past but since I've always been interested in Overlanding I pulled the trigger and decided to buy the Jeep Gladiator about a year ago began building it, since then have done a couple trips can't wait to learn more.

Attachments

Glenlivet

Rank 0

Traveler I

Craftsbury Common, VT
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Burke
Pete here, from northern Vermont. I’ve traveled extensively with my dog in his custom sidecar, and recently added a 2010 Xterra to let us get a bit further away...and to explore parts of the country while home is still locked in snow and ice. Though we have only one paved road in town and the dirt roads turn to muck in mud season, this is my first 4WD purchased with the intention of actually off-roading.

I hope to learn a lot
201BC205-49DE-4101-BA8B-181FEFDAABBC.jpeg

tks22617

Rank I

Member I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
TIM
Last Name
STRIEGEL
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm Tim and live in Nashville, TN. I drive a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 with a few minor aftermarket mods. I also have a 1975 FJ 40 with a SOA lift and a few other mods. I would consider myself a competent overlander. My outdoor roots started with backpacking and hunting with camping mixed in with all of it. I am looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out of the city more frequently.

Attachments

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Pete here, from northern Vermont. I’ve traveled extensively with my dog in his custom sidecar, and recently added a 2010 Xterra to let us get a bit further away...and to explore parts of the country while home is still locked in snow and ice. Though we have only one paved road in town and the dirt roads turn to muck in mud season, this is my first 4WD purchased with the intention of actually off-roading.

I hope to learn a lot
View attachment 172012
Welcome! Love the current setting. Furry friend is a cutie.