Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here.
Janesville, MN.
I don't have a four-wheeled off-road rig; I primarily travel on motorcycles.
I would like to build a nice rig someday.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, thanks for the add, just sent for my member badges for my truck. While a new member I’ve been overlanding for several years. Built several different rigs from a 1975 Ford F-350 highboy to a 1998 jeep zj 5.9l to my latest Dailey driver 2012 ram 1500 outdoorsman with king suspension. My back ground is a licensed automotive mechanic and recently added heavyduty on and off-road license aswell. I love to fabricate and weld most of my stuff, time permitting as I don’t get much to myself these days with work. My wife and I love to take off to the the Canadian Rockies when ever we can, living 2 hours from Banff and jasper is a huge bonus. Especially coming from the boring flat tip of southern Ontario.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: MASH403

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all, thanks for the add, just sent for my member badges for my truck. While a new member I’ve been overlanding for several years. Built several different rigs from a 1975 Ford F-350 highboy to a 1998 jeep zj 5.9l to my latest Dailey driver 2012 ram 1500 outdoorsman with king suspension. My back ground is a licensed automotive mechanic and recently added heavyduty on and off-road license aswell. I love to fabricate and weld most of my stuff, time permitting as I don’t get much to myself these days with work. My wife and I love to take off to the the Canadian Rockies when ever we can, living 2 hours from Banff and jasper is a huge bonus. Especially coming from the boring flat tip of southern Ontario.
Welcome Chris,
As @Kent R said, I’m the Northwest Director. If you need help with anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Currently we don’t have any directors in Canada and we are looking for Member Reps through out the Provinces.

Again Chris, if there is anything I can do to for you don’t hesitate to ask.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: MASH403 and Kent R

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
Welcome Chris,
As @Kent R said, I’m the Northwest Director. If you need help with anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Currently we don’t have any directors in Canada and we are looking for Member Reps through out the Provinces.

Again Chris, if there is anything I can do to for you don’t hesitate to ask.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Hello Mike, what’s it take to be a director? What’s all intailed? There are a fast growing number of overland rigs on the highways out here in the past year. Probably to do with the current state of pandemic and ppl being off and wanting to escape the city.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Mike, what’s it take to be a director? What’s all intailed? There are a fast growing number of overland rigs on the highways out here in the past year. Probably to do with the current state of pandemic and ppl being off and wanting to escape the city.
Send @Kent R a direct message and he will fill you in on the details.

Reactions: Kent R and Michael

Maui

Rank II

Contributor III

Herdecke
First Name
Maurizio
Last Name
Maggiorelli
Member #

Hey everyone,
sending greetings from Germany

Just ordered my membership and cant wait to be a part of this community.

My name is Maurizio and overlanding always had a special place in my heart even before I heard of the term itself.

For me it all started while I was working on a dairy Farm on the southern island of New Zealand.

During that time I was regularly venturing out into the country and mountains for a couple of days at a time with my t(rusty), totally not always overheating, Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner).

These trips always had a kind of meditational effect on me, just getting away from everything helped me reset.

Roadtrips/nature and remote camping always had a special place in my heart anyways.

Back in Germany 4 years ago I started working an office job, bought a 91 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2,5 that has not let me down to this day.

I daily drive it and got more into short offroading trips while at the same time doing less traveling/overlanding.

I wanna change that, thats why I am here.

I‘m really looking forward to getting to know this amazing community, and living more of the overland lifestyle.

Here are some pics of my old Yota and current Jeep.

Attachments

Last edited:

TDG Explore

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1DOM
Hey everyone!

So happy to have joined. Name is James and I'm located in Buckeye AZ. Currently outfitting my daily drive 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 to reconnect with my past more adventurous self. Wanting to get out with the family and get my 5 year old son more aware, knowledgeable and excited about nature and the environment and learn useful skills. Novice in overlanding (little off road experience) but ready to go live and learn the lifestyle. Excited to engage with this wonderful community!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

So happy to have joined. Name is James and I'm located in Buckeye AZ. Currently outfitting my daily drive 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 to reconnect with my past more adventurous self. Wanting to get out with the family and get my 5 year old son more aware, knowledgeable and excited about nature and the environment and learn useful skills. Novice in overlanding (little off road experience) but ready to go live and learn the lifestyle. Excited to engage with this wonderful community!
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
Check out OverlandExpo.com for the show next year in Flagstaff.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

My name is Maurizio and overlanding always had a special place in my heart even before I heard of the term itself.

For me it all started while I was working on a dairy Farm on the southern island of New Zealand.

During that time I was regularly venturing out into the country and mountains for a couple of days at a time with my t(rusty), totally not always overheating, Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner).

These trips always had a kind of meditational effect on me, just getting away from everything helped me reset.

Roadtrips/nature and remote camping always had a special place in my heart anyways.

Back in Germany 4 years ago I started working an office job, bought a 91 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2,5 that has not let me down to this day.

I daily drive it and got more into short offroading trips while at the same time doing less traveling/overlanding.

I‘m really looking forward to getting to know this amazing community, and living more of the overland lifestyle.

Welcome to Overland Bound Maurizio
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Maui

andredt

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Du Toit
Hello fellow overland enthusiasts. New to the forum and to over-landing in the USA. Moved to Cumming Georgia from South Africa 4 years ago. Did some safaris in Africa including Namibia and Botswana. Thanks for having me in this group.

Kamikazet4r

Rank 0

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hense
Hello everyone and I am super excited. I am stuck between rock crawling and overlanding Nd I have learned I enjoy the overlanding and adventuring more than off-roading.
From the NYC area living in Charlotte now and been wheeling a couple time. Job doesn't afford time off to go too far but looking to take a few weeks next year to head to south Dakota.

Carlosf

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Fuchen
Greetings,

Sorry for the short msg. My name is Carlos and I live in San Diego CA. Wife and I love to go out and visit new places hiking and/or driving out truck. We own a Jeep Cherokee 96 that has been in the family for over 20yrs and now we use it mainly for our camping trips.

Looking forward to meeting and enjoy some of the beautiful places in west coast.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@BXK James, welcome from Oklahoma.
Kent pretty much covered all the usual links so I will just add that prior to the entire country being grounded there was a pretty regular monthly meet up in Gilbert.
Just something to keep an eye open for in the Meet ups section if and when things get back to some form of normalcy.
I am the SW Region Member Rep so let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Incomingnachos

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hemet Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Salcido
Member #

Hi Everyone! Tom here, from Hemet California. Looking forward to connecting with everyone and getting out on the trail! My family and I are fairly experienced backpackers/car campers, and we are looking forward to getting into overlanding! Currently running a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71, and sloooooowly trying to outfit it for the trail.

Looking forward to all the stuff I will learn here!

stevehayes01

Rank 0

Contributor I

Jacksonville, FL
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hayes
Thank you for the add to the group. I am currently a novice when it comes to overlanding and hope to learn all I can while relaying my experiences for others to learn from (my mistakes that is.. lol)

My Current Rig is a 2017 Nissan Armada 4WD. Only modifications so far are A/T tires and the addition of a full offroad recovery kit, deflators and air pump. More to come!

Attachments

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hey everyone,

Hello Maurizio,

Wilkommen hier. Welcome.

If you need something, just ask, if I cant help you, I maybe know someone who can.
And otherwise you will find loads of people here that are way more capable as I am.
So, no worries, you will get your info.

You can join us on Facebook as well
And we have a chitchat whatsappgroup too.

Hope to see you there as well.

We are trying to get some smaller trips and events done even in Covid-19 time.

See you on the tracks.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Kent R and Maui