Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
Experience: Little to none, my military experience can be added for my camping expertise out in the field.
Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me to the community. I started building my Rig from stock around 6 months ago. I wanted to really get into overlanding and self-reliant traveling. Im glad to be apart of this community and I look forward to learning from each and every one of you all.

-JohnView attachment 170485View attachment 170486
Welcome John,
As @Kent said, I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. Greg has a reoccurring meetup for the Greater Seattle area once a month.

Check out the member map to find members close to you, explore our region, and to contact other members.

Rally Point is a tool for making events that will post to Member Meetups on the forums as well as events on the Calendar.

I thank you for your service from one vet to another. I hope you find this community as enjoyable and encouraging as I do.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

EisenWill

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Luray, VA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Baukhages
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4WIL
Hello Overland Bound community!
I'm located in the Shenandoah Valley of Va. I grew up here and moved back a few years ago after twenty or so years in SW Colorado. Driving a pretty much stock '14 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad. Planning some minor upgrades to suspension and for reliability and to accomodate needs of vehicle based camping with a family. Not likely that we will be doing any true overlanding, just shorter weekend trips for the most part so I don't want to go to extremes. I enjoyed the Overland Bound YT content so decided to become a member here. I have some 4wd experience from living in and around Silverton and Durango CO and am rediscovering the opportunities here in the Appalachians. We just attended the Mountain State Overland AdventureXFest in the beautiful Alleghany Highlands and had a blast! Looking forward to more of the same!

Will

IMG_0415.jpeg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Jayd33

Rank I

Contributor I

Auburn, WA 98001
First Name
JD
Last Name
Park
Member #

We recently moved to the PNW and have been in awe of how beautiful the area is. I've also been following Mike on YT and Overland Bound forums for a bit. So, finally decided to live, learn, share, the lifestyle with my family.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!: attached
2) Location (General area is fine): Auburn, WA
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.): A new-to-me 2006 LR3 HSE and 2020 Defender (10/10/2020 delivery)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Outside of general camping and non-government issued gear, I'm as green as they come. My experience or passion if you will, mostly stems from the first 10 months of Operation Iraqi Freedom: Large convoys, frequent movement, constant radio comms, and sleeping anywhere with a shade.

Looking forward to learning and meeting other OB members in the area.

Thanks,

-JD

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
We recently moved to the PNW and have been in awe of how beautiful the area is. I've also been following Mike on YT and Overland Bound forums for a bit. So, finally decided to live, learn, share, the lifestyle with my family.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.): A new-to-me 2006 LR3 HSE and 2020 Defender (10/10/2020 delivery)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Outside of general camping and non-government issued gear, I'm as green as they come. My experience or passion if you will, mostly stems from the first 10 months of Operation Iraqi Freedom: Large convoys, frequent movement, constant radio comms, and sleeping anywhere with a shade.

Thanks,

-JD
Welcome JD,
I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti and @Gabriel Bozeman are your closest Member Representatives Greg has a reoccurring meetup for the Greater Seattle area once a month.

Check out the member map to find members close to you, explore our region, and to contact other members.

Rally Point is a tool for making events that will post to Member Meetups on the forums as well as events on the Calendar.

I thank you for your service from one vet to another. I hope you find this community as enjoyable and encouraging as I do.
You will find Overlanding is pretty much just car camping with the focus of the journey over the destination.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Jayd33

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thanks,

-JD
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Jayd33

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound community!
I'm located in the Shenandoah Valley of Va. I grew up here and moved back a few years ago after twenty or so years in SW Colorado. Driving a pretty much stock '14 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad. Planning some minor upgrades to suspension and for reliability and to accomodate needs of vehicle based camping with a family. Not likely that we will be doing any true overlanding, just shorter weekend trips for the most part so I don't want to go to extremes. I enjoyed the Overland Bound YT content so decided to become a member here. I have some 4wd experience from living in and around Silverton and Durango CO and am rediscovering the opportunities here in the Appalachians. We just attended the Mountain State Overland AdventureXFest in the beautiful Alleghany Highlands and had a blast! Looking forward to more of the same!

Will

View attachment 170524
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

TahokaTex

Rank III

Contributor III

New Home Texas
First Name
Dell
Last Name
Cannon
Member #

Hello to all in the Overland Bound community from the high plains of Texas!

I probably give the name “novice” a new meaning, but after acquiring a 92 Defender, my interest in overlanding has grown into a burning desire. In January of this year, I sold my business and find myself retired. Really, not a bad gig, but am finding that I have a lot more time to pursue other interests.
I’m looking forward to meeting members of this community, and learning as I go.

Attachments

Klawson24

Rank II

Contributor III

Bakersfield, Ca
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

My rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport w/3.5" suspension lift and 35" mts
Experience: I grew up going camping at a very young age. I've always wanted to get back to camping and exploring the outdoors. I would say I'm a novice to overlanding.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Dbaker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brewer, Maine
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Baker
Hello from Downeast Maine ( Brewer)
I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 ext cab short bed. I explore Maine through camping and hiking. I have always been into off road. My rig is my daily driver and transporter of my toys. I use it as my plow rig during the einter and for getting to my favorite ice fishing spots.
During the summer I do back road and trail exploring looking for old homesteads to metal detect and just to be with nature

Attachments

Lawtonfire233

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Fletcher, OK
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Woodall
Member #

Hey Overland Bound! My name is Chris. I live in the Lawton, OK area. My rig is a 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum. I usually take my family camping once or twice per year, but we are very interested in getting into overlanding. I have been working on my truck over the past couple of years, and my son just got a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Would love to meet up with some members and learn as much as we can. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dell (@TahokaTex ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock, just got misplaced. :laughing:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@Lawtonfire233 ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is a multi-Region Member Rep based out of Tulsa.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Overland Bound! My name is Chris. I live in the Lawton, OK area. My rig is a 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum. I usually take my family camping once or twice per year, but we are very interested in getting into overlanding. I have been working on my truck over the past couple of years, and my son just got a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Would love to meet up with some members and learn as much as we can. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77 both can help you out in the OK area.
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Downeast Maine ( Brewer)
I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 ext cab short bed. I explore Maine through camping and hiking. I have always been into off road. My rig is my daily driver and transporter of my toys. I use it as my plow rig during the einter and for getting to my favorite ice fishing spots.
During the summer I do back road and trail exploring looking for old homesteads to metal detect and just to be with nature
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport w/3.5" suspension lift and 35" mts
Experience: I grew up going camping at a very young age. I've always wanted to get back to camping and exploring the outdoors. I would say I'm a novice to overlanding.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is an occasional meet up in Bakersfield you might be interested in.
US West - Bakersfield Meet Ups

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 1973 Pinzgauer 710M
Experience: possible noob
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I probably give the name “novice” a new meaning, but after acquiring a 92 Defender, my interest in overlanding has grown into a burning desire. In January of this year, I sold my business and find myself retired. Really, not a bad gig, but am finding that I have a lot more time to pursue other interests.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
There is also a member I would say is close but it is Texas, @Navy-Jeeper in Odessa. He is a great off road resource

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
There is also a member I would say is close but it is Texas, @Navy-Jeeper in Odessa. He is a great off road resource

TahokaTex

Rank III

Contributor III

New Home Texas
First Name
Dell
Last Name
Cannon
Member #

Hello Dell (@TahokaTex ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock, just got misplaced. :laughing:

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thank you Jon for reaching out. Since you are a misplaced Lubbockite, I’ll let the Okie thing go.:tearsofjoy: I appreciate the information, look forward to meeting you sometime.

Reactions: Prerunner1982