First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
Hello Elizabeth,

Welcome to Overland Bound!! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. As things begin to come back to normal, you will start seeing Portland area meet ups in the Rally Point section.

Cheers,

John
Thank you for the welcome. :)

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined today. Looking to learn about the Arizona area and where I can go. Just getting started.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: JohnKeller

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

I am new here but necessarily new to overloading and camping. Excited to get more involved with the overloading community as my needs change from 2 to 4 wheels. Been riding motorcycles on and off road for over 30 years and have been traveling / adventure riding / camping from motorcycles for the past 7 or 8 years in my free time. I've crossed the US 5 times from coast to coast on a bike and camped along the way, my wife joining me on the last trip.

With thousands of miles off pavement and many nights spent in the woods with bare essentials I am looking forward to the positive changes having a "real" vehicle can make and the opportunity to camp A LOT more comfortably than I can off a motorcycle. I have grown very accustomed to the backpacker style of camping since having no more than 60-100 liters of packing space, sometimes much less on smaller bikes is the normal.

Now to the main reason for my shift to 4 wheels. My wife and I have had a son, he is now almost a year and a half old and loves being outside. I am exited about the coming opportunity to introduce him to the wilderness, camping and off roading. I have always preferred a motorcycle but now I finally have a great reason to switch up the camping trips and adventures to a more family oriented type of trip with a 4x4 vehicle. It'll also allow me to make my wife a lot more comfortable than the tiny tent, itty bitty stove and hikers pouch food we are used to.

We have a 2018 4Runner TRD Pro that my wife has been driving since new. We are about to trade a few vehicles, get my wife a bigger suv and I will take over the 4Runner, sparking the never-ending modifying to suit my "needs" :) I am looking forward to all the info from others, getting to know people as well as sharing anything I can add.

Here's a pic of our 4Runner on a local Fire Road in North Georgia. Still completely stock (but very capable)... for now. It's almost time for tire replacement and Iv'e been studying ways to fit some narrow 33's on the TRD wheels with no additional lift. I've cut fenders, bumpers, and even taken a hammer to body seams on my old '99 tacoma to fit 35's so ain't scared of some minor surgery!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Aloha from nothwest Oregon! I have been slowly building a 2014 Outback as my overlander. This car has not failed me yet even when I had to get myself out of a pickle.
Hello Elizabeth, welcome! I see you are a ham, it's great to have more hams here and we need more women in the hobby.
Hopefully you are able to participate in our weekly Echolink net on Friday nights.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

Even if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater you can still access the net via the Echolink app, many of us use it so don't feel bad about it not being "real" radio.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Just joined today. Looking to learn about the Arizona area and where I can go. Just getting started.
Hello Max, welcome from Oklahoma.
Kent pretty much covered the usual links. We do have a couple of meet ups in AZ (Phoenix and Tucson) but as with many of the meet ups they are currently suspended.
Overland Expo West is held in Flagstaff and is scheduled for May 14-16, 2021 so that may be something to put on your calendar. About WEST — Overland Expo®
Let me know if I can help you with anything.

jsopiela

Rank I

Contributor III

Simi Valley, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Opiela
Hi everyone. More of an "Adventure" person than an "Overlander" and my past adventure trips (AZBDR, NVBDR, UTBDR, CABDR) have been on my BMW 1200GS. Currently setting up my Mercedes G-Wagon for cross-state, off-road trips but so far have only done overnighters. Hope to change that in early October with an off-road camping trip heading to the Canadian boarder via CA, NV, and ID.
Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

Attachments

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello OB members.
I’m Forrest and my wife is Patty.
We have enjoyed camping and 4WD’s for years.
We are from central Indiana and decided to go see more of the country instead of island hopping due to the covid thing.
So we purchased a JLU, replaced bumper added a winch with a couple blocks and decided to go to Sedona this November and then White Sands NM. Found Zane Grey RV resort by Sedona Az.has nice cabins for under 90 bucks a night. So we can trail ride around their and hit Grand Canyon NP one day.
I am looking to pick up a cb to have for just in case what brand would you all recommend and what channel is best to use.
Thank you
Forrest
Nice to see more Hoosiers on here. I have put together a route through Indiana called the Trans Hoosier Overland Route (THOR) . We ran the whole thing last year but had to scrap the running this year because of COVID. We will be running the whole thing as soon as the pandemic has ended. I have also put together lots of events in the past in Indiana and Kentucky and hope you can make it out to a few. Keep an eye on the Rally Point tab for updates. We'll see you out there...

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

View attachment 169164
Hello Everyone! Brian here member #25451. My wife Samantha and I just started overlanding. We have this, currently stock 2009 Lexus GX470. We have lots plans for her. We are in Lexington, Kentucky.
Nice whip!....Kentucky has a really active Toyota scene. Check out KYTLCA.org for events in the area that are Toyota specific. I do lots of trips and events for beginners so keep and eye on the Rally Point page for updates as well as the Southeast and Midwest Overland Bound Facebook Pages....I'll post them up there too. We'll see you out there....

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Howdy!
I'm Steve, out of Cleveland Ohio. Rig is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Manual trans. Just lifted it yesterday after purchasing off the lease. It's been off road a ton while leasing but now it's on to more serious ventures. A friend of mine and I run Tri State Overland and try to get out 1-2 times a month everywhere on the east side of the Mississippi, as we're based out of Ohio, PA and NY. Currently, the truck sits on a Dobinson's 3.5" front/3" rear lift and 33" Cooper ST MAXX tires, factory rims still because I like them. My experience is mostly local off road parks and easier stuff but now that the truck isn't a lease, I plan to tackle much more. This weekend, we're running DBBB and next year I have plans to travel out west to Colorado and Utah, maybe some California trips.

View attachment 169205
Nice Whip!....Glad to see that you are active in the region. We need more Ohio Valley cheerleaders out there. There is so much good stuff out there. Keep an eye on the Rally Points for events I'll be putting together and please post your events there too....

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Thanks for the add and thrilled to be here. Currently running a 2012 Chevy Silverado that's been awesome for 240K all over the country but looking to upgrade to a ZR2 so we can go further off road in 2021. I spend a fair amount of time in the PNW and all points in between my home in West Michigan and there. Just returned from Colorado and loved that trip!! We're really into ghost towns and anything abandoned and can't wait to see pics from other people's adventures!! :).
Welcome!...I love Michigan....We just got back from Sleeping Bear....can't wait to get back up there

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I'm Jordan from Victoria, Canada. I'm driving a 1998 Delica and I enjoy going up logging roads and having acres of forest and sweet views to ourselves. Looking to do more challenging trails and adapting to winter camping.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey just want to check in here I have 2016 4 runner locked an loaded. Go out in the desert and also trip to Montana with out hitting a dear.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. More of an "Adventure" person than an "Overlander" and my past adventure trips (AZBDR, NVBDR, UTBDR, CABDR) have been on my BMW 1200GS. Currently setting up my Mercedes G-Wagon for cross-state, off-road trips but so far have only done overnighters. Hope to change that in early October with an off-road camping trip heading to the Canadian boarder via CA, NV, and ID.
Thanks for welcoming me aboard!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning