Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tristan (@RS103 ) , welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. We have an Echolink net every Friday evening, hopefully you can join us.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
Even if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater you can still join in the net by using the Echolink app. Many of us use it.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Prior to the "extended lock down there was a regular meet up in Gilbert so when things start to open up keep an eye out and hopefully the meet ups with get going again.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and RS103

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey just want to check in here I have 2016 4 runner locked an loaded. Go out in the desert and also trip to Montana with out hitting a dear.
Welcome. I also have a kitted out 2016 4Runner. Look forward to seeing you post some pics of your trip. Montana is a great place to explore. If you have any questions, please reach out.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm a new to here and to overlanding, but have some time offroad mostly on two wheels. I drive a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. Located near Chandler, AZ.View attachment 170324
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Cj13

Rank II

Contributor II

Mount Olive, AL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hi all!

I'm in the Birmingham, AL area, at least for another year. Rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad that I'm starting to build out. Grew up offroading in Alaska in my old Subaru Forester but relatively new to overlanding.
im just north of birmingham in mount olive al. feel free to message me if you would like to meet up with our overland group and check out some local spots

pinksterlove

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Angie
Last Name
Kwon
Hello Everyone!

2018 Lexus GX460
Novice Overlander

Love the outdoors and take a yearly roadtrips to different National Forest for hiking. I finally got a rig that I can customize for off-roading. I'm planning to be on trails and camping trips at least 2x a month now. Starting light as I build my rig.

Happy trails,
Angie

IMG_8486.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

2018 Lexus GX460
Novice Overlander

Love the outdoors and take a yearly roadtrips to different National Forest for hiking. I finally got a rig that I can customize for off-roading. I'm planning to be on trails and camping trips at least 2x a month now. Starting light as I build my rig.

Happy trails,
Angie

View attachment 170419
Welcome to Overland Bound Angie.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Zharick

Rank I

Member I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Captain
Last Name
Placeholder
Member #

What's up everyone!

1) Picture!: We don't have the car yet as it's backlogged, we're hoping for delivery in Dec, but looks like Jan might be it, I attacked a mock up I whipped up in Photoshop, although we might change the color to blue.
2) Location: Orlando Metro area.
3) Rig: 2020 LR Defender 110
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Did plenty of driving MTVRs and LVSRs into the wilderness and set up camp for weeks at a time. Unfortunately no civilian overlanding experience yet.

Attachments

Podog4674

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Riverside California
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome. You will find the folk on here are amazing. Not only are they cool, they have so much knowledge and info to share. I have my vehicle however my off roading experience in a vehicle is new. I’ve spent the last 45 years on the dirt on dirt bikes however this is completely a different animal. A lot more expensive too. Ask a lot of questions and enjoy.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

What's up everyone!

1) Picture!: We don't have the car yet as it's backlogged, we're hoping for delivery in Dec, but looks like Jan might be it, I attacked a mock up I whipped up in Photoshop, although we might change the color to blue.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Did plenty of driving MTVRs and LVSRs into the wilderness and set up camp for weeks at a time. Unfortunately no civilian overlanding experience yet.
Welcome!

I’m stoked for you and I’ve seen the new 110 in person at our local dealer

It looks great

Attachments

HYDROJKU

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lacey, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
Experience: Little to none, my military experience can be added for my camping expertise out in the field.
Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me to the community. I started building my Rig from stock around 6 months ago. I wanted to really get into overlanding and self-reliant traveling. Im glad to be apart of this community and I look forward to learning from each and every one of you all.

-JohnIMG_20200914_141044_160.jpgFB_IMG_1595808046256.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Experience: Little to none, my military experience can be added for my camping expertise out in the field.
Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me to the community. I started building my Rig from stock around 6 months ago. I wanted to really get into overlanding and self-reliant traveling. Im glad to be apart of this community and I look forward to learning from each and every one of you all.

-JohnView attachment 170485View attachment 170486
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: LumixLab

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 170484View attachment 170481
Hey!
We are in Peoria, Az
Two rigs
2003 v8 Limited 4Runner (his)
2020 4runner Trd off-road (hers)
Both Novice and excited to grow our knowledge and experience!!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone!

Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

-JohnView attachment 170485View attachment 170486
Welcome John,
As @Kent said, I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. Greg has a reoccurring meetup for the Greater Seattle area once a month.

Check out the member map to find members close to you, explore our region, and to contact other members.

Rally Point is a tool for making events that will post to Member Meetups on the forums as well as events on the Calendar.

I thank you for your service from one vet to another. I hope you find this community as enjoyable and encouraging as I do.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

EisenWill

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Luray, VA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Baukhages
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4WIL
Hello Overland Bound community!
I'm located in the Shenandoah Valley of Va. I grew up here and moved back a few years ago after twenty or so years in SW Colorado. Driving a pretty much stock '14 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad. Planning some minor upgrades to suspension and for reliability and to accomodate needs of vehicle based camping with a family. Not likely that we will be doing any true overlanding, just shorter weekend trips for the most part so I don't want to go to extremes. I enjoyed the Overland Bound YT content so decided to become a member here. I have some 4wd experience from living in and around Silverton and Durango CO and am rediscovering the opportunities here in the Appalachians. We just attended the Mountain State Overland AdventureXFest in the beautiful Alleghany Highlands and had a blast! Looking forward to more of the same!

Will

IMG_0415.jpeg

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Jayd33

Rank I

Contributor I

Auburn, WA 98001
First Name
JD
Last Name
Park
Member #

We recently moved to the PNW and have been in awe of how beautiful the area is. I've also been following Mike on YT and Overland Bound forums for a bit. So, finally decided to live, learn, share, the lifestyle with my family.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!: attached
2) Location (General area is fine): Auburn, WA
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.): A new-to-me 2006 LR3 HSE and 2020 Defender (10/10/2020 delivery)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Outside of general camping and non-government issued gear, I'm as green as they come. My experience or passion if you will, mostly stems from the first 10 months of Operation Iraqi Freedom: Large convoys, frequent movement, constant radio comms, and sleeping anywhere with a shade.

Looking forward to learning and meeting other OB members in the area.

Thanks,

-JD

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77