Murphys, California, United States
First Name
robert
Last Name
young
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6hwy
Greetings all...just a little information. I've been exploring the great outdoors for many years, bird hunting, rockhounding and just getting out there, For the last 10 year or so most of the exploring and stuff has been done in my Tundra but for the last year and four months I have been have a 1970 Bronco built for overlanding by Deetz Offroad in Tracy.....expecting to fetch it home this week. Looking forward to all this group has to offer and sharing what I already know. Most of my activities have been in Nevada with some Oregon, Idaho, Arizona thrown in for flavor. Hope to see new friends out there somewhere seeing new places...bob

GreyMatter

Rank V

Advocate I

Parole, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SVJ
Hello Everyone,

Experience: Complete novice at overlanding, but I grew up camping quite a bit and need to get back into the wild
Rig: 2018 Nissan Frontier SV (crew cab, short bed, 4WD)

Here's a picture of my truck. I've installed a few skid plates, and have ordered a bumper that will be able to hold a winch. A small lift and some better tires are probably not far off!

20190406_kayak_loaded_50_percent.jpg

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

Experience: Complete novice at overlanding, but I grew up camping quite a bit and need to get back into the wild
Rig: 2018 Nissan Frontier SV (crew cab, short bed, 4WD)

Here's a picture of my truck. I've installed a few skid plates, and have ordered a bumper that will be able to hold a winch. A small lift and some better tires are probably not far off!

View attachment 168055
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all...just a little information. I've been exploring the great outdoors for many years, bird hunting, rockhounding and just getting out there, For the last 10 year or so most of the exploring and stuff has been done in my Tundra but for the last year and four months I have been have a 1970 Bronco built for overlanding by Deetz Offroad in Tracy.....expecting to fetch it home this week. Looking forward to all this group has to offer and sharing what I already know. Most of my activities have been in Nevada with some Oregon, Idaho, Arizona thrown in for flavor. Hope to see new friends out there somewhere seeing new places...bob
Just got off a trip with a 70 Bronco. Awesome vehicles!IMG_6953.JPG
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here are some local meet-ups that might be to far to attend the meet-ups but they do have open trips that you might want to jump in on. Just follow the post on the forum.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hello all, I'm Larry from central NJ, I'm a Telecommunications Senior Engineer, US Army Signal Corp Veteran, a retired NJ state certified EMT with our local rescue squad and Fire department and a FAA licensed Private Pilot.
Current rig is " Brutus " a 2001 Chevy Tahoe. 320,000 miles and runs like at TOP.
I love the outdoors, looking to get back into camping and exploring nature
Welcome. Marlboro here!

robert young

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
robert
Last Name
young
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6hwy
Oh I should add Calif. since I have been living in the state since 1961,,,,,Slick Rock is about 20 miles away

robert young

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
robert
Last Name
young
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6hwy
Just got off a trip with a 70 Bronco. Awesome vehicles!View attachment 168056
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here are some local meet-ups that might be to far to attend the meet-ups but they do have open trips that you might want to jump in on. Just follow the post on the forum.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
nice picture!

Reactions: Kent R and Mavilla

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Bob

Thanks for saying hello and sounds like you’ve got a great rig coming soon! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be September 20th, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R

Mavilla

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Falls Church, VA, USA
First Name
mario
Last Name
Villalobos
Member #

Hi There Hello everyone!
From Washington DC metropolitan Area.
I am new ... in off road
I drive a 4runner 2006 limited
Iike out doors, ride Honda 2003 VTX1800
I think this is the way to be closer to nature and enjoy it. Hope to learn a lot here.
I love to cook :-) outdoors...

OverlandingK9

Rank I

Traveler I

Brier, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Rodgers
Member #

Hey Everyone! New member from Brier, WA, just outside of the Seattle limits. We own a 94 Toyota Landcruiser that has slowly been built over the last couple of years. We have two German Shepherd working dogs who go on our adventures with us. Our rig is just getting out of the shop and we are ready to get out in September and October. If anyone is interested in heading out we were thinking of hitting the WA BDR in the beginning of Sep and MOAB at the end of September! First time for both!

robert young

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
robert
Last Name
young
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6hwy
Hey Bob

Thanks for saying hello and sounds like you’ve got a great rig coming soon! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be September 20th, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
Thank you

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Bob, welcome to the OB community.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm a new member in Cincinnati, OH. I'm completely new to overlanding, but really excited to get into it. I've loved exploring outdoors since an early age, and was always fascinated by the vintage VW vans and their pop up tents. I currently have a 2008 Pilot with non-functioning VTM-4, so my offroad capabilities are limited. But I'm always looking for something...well...at this point anything with a working 4wd. I'm still stoked to explore with what I have!
I have always like the Pilot....We just held an event in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. I will be hosting an event Sept. 3-7...keep a look out for it on Rally Point...

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! New member from Brier, WA, just outside of the Seattle limits. We own a 94 Toyota Landcruiser that has slowly been built over the last couple of years. We have two German Shepherd working dogs who go on our adventures with us. Our rig is just getting out of the shop and we are ready to get out in September and October. If anyone is interested in heading out we were thinking of hitting the WA BDR in the beginning of Sep and MOAB at the end of September! First time for both!
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi There Hello everyone!
From Washington DC metropolitan Area.
I am new ... in off road
I drive a 4runner 2006 limited
Iike out doors, ride Honda 2003 VTX1800
I think this is the way to be closer to nature and enjoy it. Hope to learn a lot here.
I love to cook :-) outdoors...
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Hello everyone! New member here from North Carolina. I'm new to the over landing community but as an avid camper and hunter who wants to get out and explore new areas this seemed like a good place to meet people with similar interests. Growing up in North Carolina I have ridden my share of 4x4 trails but never really gotten too far off the beaten path. Hope to get myself and my vehicle a bit more equipped to start venturing out further!

Attachments

Contributor I

Seattle
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Clayton
Member #

Hey gang! Dan here. I’m in Seattle. Long time camper/hiker/pescador etc. I’m getting old and sleeping on the ground is no longer pleasant. I started looking into building a comfortable sleeping and storage situation for the back of my truck and naturally that lead me to overlanding and to this community. Looking forward to an adventurous future (while sleeping comfortably)

Attachments

JefeDavis

Rank II

Contributor III

Henderson County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hey everyone! Jeff here, currently residing in Madison, Wi Area. I've lived in several areas including central europe, and have always enjoyed travel and adventure. I'm now looking forward to combining my love of adventure with my love of modifying vehicles :)

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
Overlanding Experience: Novice
IMG_20200815_205106.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

bbinkley

Rank I

Contributor III

Whitehall, PA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Binkley
New member here! I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail build from Pennsylvania. I have a good amount of experience off-roading and have taken my stock vehicle through areas others not dare, not through overconfidence, but with belief that the 4Runner can handle more stock than most others can! Since then upgrades have been made and continue to be made as the year goes on. I look forward to learning more about everything Overland and I am happy to be here!

Here's my rig (not updated since latest installs)

4BC6BA33-0189-4129-B1DA-CF4002BD0402 2.JPEG

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello and Welcome.
I am the Northwest Director, @Greg Eigsti and @ Gabriel Bozeman are your closest Member Representatives.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound