First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all,
My name is Tom aka Chevytau from Northern Nevada. I drive either a 1993 FZJ80 or a 2006 GMC 2500 Dmax depending on what kind of trip I’m doing. I guess I would say my experience level is high, I’ve been doing this stuff my whole life, although I’d never heard the term overlanding until a couple years ago.
Been aware of OB for awhile now, not sure why it took me so long to join but I’m really looking forward to learning from everyone here.
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I guess I will say hi finally. I've been an Overland Bound member for a year but haven't posted before.

I grew up in Wyoming so pretty much my childhood and young adulthood involved driving up to the mountains and camping (but I didn't know it was called Overlanding then), plus a few longer trips out to Dinosaur, Canyonlands, and the Grand Canyon. I spent another 10 years "Overlanding" on a M1A1 tank. Today I reside in the SF Bay area (until I can free myself).

My rig is a 2005 4Runner V6 which is very much a compromise between what I would love to have and what will get me acceptable gas mileage as a daily driver. It has a 2.5 inch Dobinsons lift and plus sized 32" tires. No sliders yet but that will be the next big ticket item.

Anyhow hope to learn more from the forum (I've already made great use of the website) and maybe meet a fellow member or two.

View attachment 167030
Hello Sergei, welcome to the OB community. Glad you finally said hello.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone,
Earlier this year, I was able to fulfill the dream I've had since high school of owning a Jeep Wrangler. Somehow found the 2017 Chief Edition for sale here in the Bay Area. Can't wait to learn more about overlanding!

Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Chief Edition
Experience: none, started watching overlanding videos on YouTube and can't stop!
Hello John, welcome to the OB community. The area in which you live has plenty of OB members to draw information from, as well as the many forums on the website.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi from OH-IO!! My two boys and I (7&10) have decided to start planning out first overland trip for next summer. We’re looking at doing a one week trip staying within surrounding states. We’re super excited, but have lots to learn and prepare for. I have a stock 2015 Wrangler Willys Wheeler that we have to get ready for the adventure. Glad to be part of the group!
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB community. That first picture tells me your boys are ready to get out there and explore.

Reactions: snlassen and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good morning, everyone! Finally an Overland Bound member and couldn't be more excited! I live in the Brooklyn, NY area with my wife and son. I'm in marketing, avid archer and mountain biker. Recently, gave my Tacoma a MAJOR overhaul and we are excited for the opportunities it will open up for us! Definitely looking to explore more trails on the East Coast and will getting out west a lot more in the coming months!

RIG:
2019 Toyota Tacoma
Built by Tactical Application Vehicles
AT Overland Habitat
Hello Ernesto, welcome to the OB community. Wow, that's quite the rig you're driving.

Reactions: Kent R and ERod718

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Well I wouldn’t say I’m new here but my vehicle is, used to be a Diehard Jeeper but have since branched out. Current rig is an 01 Isuzu Trooper, ARB front bumper w/(2) 9in led lights, led headlights, 2in lift Old Man Emu Coils and rancho shocks. Pro Comp wheels wrapped in Toyo Open Country’s full size spare. Rhino rack 2500 awning. Still building it up much is planned for its future. First 3 pictures are stock the others are how it sits now
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community. Good looking Trooper.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good Day everyone. Lordy it's hot in SF! I've been a voyeur member of the community for a couple of years now and finally decided to become an active member. I've been following some of the overland crew's adventures for about as long and have followed in some of their footsteps. Among them, couple of weeks ago spent a long weekend at BuckRock lookout.
In my young adult life I had always enjoyed being outdoors and spend a lot of weekends camping w friends. Since that time I unfortunately have not do it as much as I would have liked.
6 or so years ago, i was laying in bed watching TV and a commercial from Oregon's tourists department showing the '7 wonders of Oregon'. At that instant I was all in. Made a plan, set dates, booked places and my GF and I were off. We spent the next 2 weeks or so driving and seeing Oregon. We were only able to cover 5 of the 7 'wonders' but have since gone back and done them all. betweeen that first long road trip, we have also done Utah's Big 5 (couple of times), Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, YellowStone, and few other places.
Upto last year, my road trips have consisted of a mix of Hotel stays and camping,. This year I've done more wild camping as the GF has gotten more comfortable with it.
Now looking forward to more similar adventures.
About my Primary Rig:
I purchased a 96 LX450 bone stock and garage maven from a friend 4 or 5 years ago without knowing what I was going to do with it. I just know that I liked it and when they offered it to me, it was a no brainer. Always dealer maintained and barely 100K miles, most of them freeway miles going back and forth to LA.
Since purchasing it:
I rebuilt the front BIRFs
3" OME lift
33" tires
Bowfin Cruisers roof rack
KISS drawers
Smitty Built center console
Recently replaced all the cooling and heater hoses with factory molded or silicone hoses (that was fun)
tons of other little things

I also have a 2nd Rig that I share with a friend; 2003 4x4 Tundra with TRD suspension (was not originally TRD)

Anyway, looking forward to being an active member of this great community.
View attachment 166888View attachment 166889View attachment 166890
Hello Marco, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Overland Bound!

New to the site, but have been slowly working on the rig for a year or so now. As a mountain biker and rock climber, having a vehicle ready to haul gear on a moment’s notice was super important to me. Being based in Indianapolis means there’s often many highway miles to find the fun stuff, but the ability to dive off grid and be totally self contained has been so liberating. The ‘20 minutes and out the door’ has been totally possible, and even a short overnighter always helps reset the soul.

View attachment 166993View attachment 166994View attachment 166995View attachment 166996

2017 Tacoma TRD OR
2” Bilstein Lift
265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Caliraised LED Lighting
KB Voodoo Fabrications Lo Rise Bars
Hello Zach, welcome to the OB community. Good looking setup.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey, I’m new to the group. I live in Corbin Kentucky and have been trying out the Kentucky Adventure Tour in my 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 with the baby Duramax in it. Im anxious to find some more trails and rides close by in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Hello Austin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I am new here as well, in the Louisville KY area. I have been a Wrangler owner for about a year, and am starting to get serious about overlanding. I would like to meet some like minded folks to learn from!

Here is Timberwolf
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Chevytau

Rank I

Traveler I

Fallon, NV, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Hey! What's up Everyone?

I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I'm a novice interested in getting into overlanding. I've done some light off-roading and into the dunes on the southern Oregon coast a bit. Excited to get out to some more remote and fun areas. Looking for some groups in the area that are open to newer folks. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road with upgraded tires (Ridge Grapplers) and a recovery point hitch but no other mods yet. I have traction boards and a decent assortment of light recovery and decent camping gear.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the forum!

View attachment 167418
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Checkout the member map it will show members and meet ups in your area.

ERod718

Rank I

Member I

Brooklyn, Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, USA
First Name
Ernesto
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Good morning, everyone! Finally an Overland Bound member and couldn't be more excited! I live in the Brooklyn, NY area with my wife and son. I'm in marketing, avid archer and mountain biker. Recently, gave my Tacoma a MAJOR overhaul and we are excited for the opportunities it will open up for us! Definitely looking to explore more trails on the East Coast and will getting out west a lot more in the coming months!

RIG:
2019 Toyota Tacoma
Built by Tactical Application Vehicles
AT Overland Habitat
Hello Ernesto, welcome to the OB community. Wow, that's quite the rig you're driving.
Thanks so much! It’s been a dream come true for sure.

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wsp everyone! My name is Bon
And I have no overlanding experience but hopefully that will change soon!

Rig: 2020 Toyota 4Runner Venture Edition
Welcome to Overland Bound Bon,
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

cheekieduckie

Rank III

Member III

wv
First Name
Ken
Last Name
N
Member #

Hello from West Virginia
Thanks for adding me to the forum!
I've been watching Michael's videos in earnest haha, good stuff...thank you so much.
I'm primarily a motorcycle guy but have an ongoing camper-van conversion thing based on an ex-ambulance built on a Quigley e350.
100% inexperienced offroading.
Ken

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from West Virginia
Thanks for adding me to the forum!
I've been watching Michael's videos in earnest haha, good stuff...thank you so much.
I'm primarily a motorcycle guy but have an ongoing camper-van conversion thing based on an ex-ambulance built on a Quigley e350.
100% inexperienced offroading.
Ken
Welcome to Overland Bound Ken
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

cheekieduckie

Rank III

Member III

wv
First Name
Ken
Last Name
N
Member #

Thank you!
Ken

Welcome to Overland Bound Ken
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

jastabe

Rank II

Contributor III

Cincinnati
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Tabe
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm a new member in Cincinnati, OH. I'm completely new to overlanding, but really excited to get into it. I've loved exploring outdoors since an early age, and was always fascinated by the vintage VW vans and their pop up tents. I currently have a 2008 Pilot with non-functioning VTM-4, so my offroad capabilities are limited. But I'm always looking for something...well...at this point anything with a working 4wd. I'm still stoked to explore with what I have!