Rank II

Contributor III

Cincinnati
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Tabe
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm a new member in Cincinnati, OH. I'm completely new to overlanding, but really excited to get into it. I've loved exploring outdoors since an early age, and was always fascinated by the vintage VW vans and their pop up tents. I currently have a 2008 Pilot with non-functioning VTM-4, so my offroad capabilities are limited. But I'm always looking for something...well...at this point anything with a working 4wd. I'm still stoked to explore with what I have!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello All!

My name is Luisa.
Just joined up today. Just bought a Toyota Tacoma and am slowly going to outfit it.
I have zero experience overlanding, but am super stoked to learn as much as I can from all of you:)
I’m in PNW
Welcome Louisa,
I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your local Member Representative. @Greg Eigsti hosts a monthly event in your area.

Be sure to check out Overland Bound Meetups (and select the Northwest Filter) to find trail rides, campouts, expeditions, and general meet-n-greet type events.

Overland Bound Maps is growing rapidly. Here you can find members close to you, use the group message system to send DMs to people in your area (or a crossed the world if you do choose) to help plan your own event. The maps section also shows trusted mechanics, places to dump your sewage on long expeditions, preferred gas stops, and all kinds of other neet goodies. View the Maps on the OB1 App (both IOS and Android, not chrome) and add your favorite trials, destinations, and other content. The map system is 100% member defined. This means the map is only as good as we make it.

Overland Bound By Region<North America<US Northwest is where you will find many topics pertaining to the Northwest. Trip planning, questions, and even general news ca be found here.

Lastly, I know long read and I’m sorry (not sorry ;) ) we strive to be the best advocates for our natural resources within the vast outdoor community. Overland Bound has teamed up with Tread Lightly. Take a few minutes to take the Tread Lightly 101 class. It’s common sense, but will give you better understanding of how to make a huge impact on keeping our public lands open for years to come.

Again, Welcome Louisa. I look forward to meeting you on the trails some day soon.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and LLopez

Line guru

Rank IV

Traveler III

San Jose CA 95123
First Name
Alfredo
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hi Alfredo, great looking rig! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Thank you Dave.

It would be nice to get to know a few locals. And get some tips as far as what are the must haves before heading joining a crew for a trip.

Thanks for making the newbies feel welcome.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

Line guru

Rank IV

Traveler III

San Jose CA 95123
First Name
Alfredo
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thank you Kent .

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank you Dave.

It would be nice to get to know a few locals. And get some tips as far as what are the must haves before heading joining a crew for a trip.

Thanks for making the newbies feel welcome.
We were all newbies at one point. You’ll find most people here are excited to be a part and ready to use the gear they’ve got. Our vehicles are often more capable than we are, even stock. If you can make it September come!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Washington DC
Driving a 2018 Honda Pilot
No experience. Looking forward to learn and see what this ride is capable of.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just wanted to say hi to everyone as we start our adventure. Hopes its a dream come true and not a complete horror. We know there'll be some serious bumps just not mountains. Cheers everyone!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

My name is Luisa.
Just joined up today. Just bought a Toyota Tacoma and am slowly going to outfit it.
I have zero experience overlanding, but am super stoked to learn as much as I can from all of you:)
I’m in PNW
Welcome to Overland Bound Luisa.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm a new member in Cincinnati, OH. I'm completely new to overlanding, but really excited to get into it. I've loved exploring outdoors since an early age, and was always fascinated by the vintage VW vans and their pop up tents. I currently have a 2008 Pilot with non-functioning VTM-4, so my offroad capabilities are limited. But I'm always looking for something...well...at this point anything with a working 4wd. I'm still stoked to explore with what I have!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

phoxxtwo

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

Welcome to the community from a fellow new guy in the Cincinnati area.

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Hello, new to “overlanding” but not to camping or off-roading. Located in Columbia Mo and looking forward to seeing were this new venture takes me. Years ago I had a well built Suzuki Samurai that took me many places off the beaten path in CA. We have since moved to MO, been here for a while now, however the itch to explore and go off-road needs to be scratched again. I have a full sized vehicle so always felt this sport was off limits due to the size. i convinced my brother to get a F150 to have a buddy however we are on opposite sides of the US. Lol. In September we are taking his truck for a week long trip from MO to India were he lives. plan to meet up as after as we can to explore.

I have a 02 Ford Excursion, it’s my baby so planning to ease into the sport. These trucks are getting harder to find every year. If I really get into it might consider another vehicle, but time will tell. I will try and add a picture. Also have a 2020 CanAm X3 that I plan to pull on longer trips.

Attachments

Podog4674

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Riverside California
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to the club. Like you, I’m new to the Offroad thing but I am not new to camping. I’m really looking forward to it and the community is so much different than the motorcycle/Supercross crowd. It’s crazy. But I love it. There’s a lot of information here and everybody on here are amazing to talk with. everybody on here is more than willing to help you get your rig dialed in and right where you want it.

Larry Gaudreau

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Jacobstown, New Jersey
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Gaudreau
Member #

Hello all, I'm Larry from central NJ, I'm a Telecommunications Senior Engineer, US Army Signal Corp Veteran, a retired NJ state certified EMT with our local rescue squad and Fire department and a FAA licensed Private Pilot.
Current rig is " Brutus " a 2001 Chevy Tahoe. 320,000 miles and runs like at TOP.
I love the outdoors, looking to get back into camping and exploring nature

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

cheeny

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Welsh
Hi everyone, new guy from Burleson TX (just south of Fort Worth). Just returned my wife’s lease vehicle (Expedition) and we picked up a 2020 F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew. We are looking to do some day trips in the DFW area with the kids. Have some wheeling experience in Jeeps, new to full sized rigs. Looking forward to learning more from the community!
MikeFB60EEA0-25C5-45C5-A6A9-75775D9B1C35.jpeg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello, new to “overlanding” but not to camping or off-roading. Located in Columbia Mo and looking forward to seeing were this new venture takes me. Years ago I had a well built Suzuki Samurai that took me many places off the beaten path in CA. We have since moved to MO, been here for a while now, however the itch to explore and go off-road needs to be scratched again. I have a full sized vehicle so always felt this sport was off limits due to the size. i convinced my brother to get a F150 to have a buddy however we are on opposite sides of the US. Lol. In September we are taking his truck for a week long trip from MO to India were he lives. plan to meet up as after as we can to explore.

I have a 02 Ford Excursion, it’s my baby so planning to ease into the sport. These trucks are getting harder to find every year. If I really get into it might consider another vehicle, but time will tell. I will try and add a picture. Also have a 2020 CanAm X3 that I plan to pull on longer trips.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, new guy from Burleson TX (just south of Fort Worth). Just returned my wife’s lease vehicle (Expedition) and we picked up a 2020 F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew. We are looking to do some day trips in the DFW area with the kids. Have some wheeling experience in Jeeps, new to full sized rigs. Looking forward to learning more from the community!
MikeView attachment 167974
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: cheeny