Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello everyone,
my name is Diana. I will hopefully be able to post a picture very soon. I pick up my 2016 wrangler tomorrow. I would say that I am a beginner/have a strong general knowledge. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing what I have found.
Welcome! please feel free to reach out. I will be hosting a Rigs and Coffee event in about a month down here in Louisville. Keep a lookout. Make sure you join the Midwest Overland Bound Facebook page. Lots of great info and folks on there.
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyoverland

Reactions: Kent R

Adamsing545

Rank I

Contributor I

Aurora, Ohio
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Singerman
Member #

Hi from OH-IO!! My two boys and I (7&10) have decided to start planning out first overland trip for next summer. We’re looking at doing a one week trip staying within surrounding states. We’re super excited, but have lots to learn and prepare for. I have a stock 2015 Wrangler Willys Wheeler that we have to get ready for the adventure. Glad to be part of the group!
I will be leading a trip on the THOR...here is a link to the 2019 doc about it ( so some of the dates will change) It runs through Indiana from South to North.....some 511 miles...it is 80% gravel and dirt roads. We visit 3 off road parks along the way.

Hit me up anytime
Jason Price
502-724-6435
www.ohiovalleyoverland.com
#ohiovalleyoverland
That sounds awesome! Keep me updated as far as the dates go but I would love to join you!

Adam

Taco Bout It

Rank III

Enthusiast I

San Jose
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
M
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Bryce
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Thanks Kent!

Taco Bout It

Rank III

Enthusiast I

San Jose
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi Bryce, I’ve got to say you chose a great truck :)

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Thanks Dave! I certainly have been very happy with it even though it has become a bit of a money pit...

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing the info on the Bay Area events! I hope to join the monthly meet up soon.

Cheers,
Bryce

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! What's up Everyone?

I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I'm a novice interested in getting into overlanding. I've done some light off-roading and into the dunes on the southern Oregon coast a bit. Excited to get out to some more remote and fun areas. Looking for some groups in the area that are open to newer folks. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road with upgraded tires (Ridge Grapplers) and a recovery point hitch but no other mods yet. I have traction boards and a decent assortment of light recovery and decent camping gear.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the forum!

View attachment 167418
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Andrew McGaha

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McGaha
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4GKM
Hey y'all! Greetings from West Tennessee... not to be confused with the picturesque Mountains of the blessed lands of East Tennessee... this is the Delta :) I have a miserable addictions to Land Rovers, so for those that partake in schadenfreude, I hope you enjoy... After the abuse of following $100,000 jeeps on "tons and 40's", and then spend my weekends repairing my fleet, I have decided to give the simpler life a try. I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the Ozarks, so if you have any maps from the SE Meetup there, that would be great - or advice on recovery assets or communication channels. I also just passed my Ham Technician Test and want to learn more about trail comms.Crumpets.jpg

Looking forward to making lots of new acquaintances.

Andrew McGaha

'05 LR3
'05 LX470
'97 Disco I XD
'94 Range Rover Classic

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all! Greetings from West Tennessee... not to be confused with the picturesque Mountains of the blessed lands of East Tennessee... this is the Delta :) I have a miserable addictions to Land Rovers, so for those that partake in schadenfreude, I hope you enjoy... After the abuse of following $100,000 jeeps on "tons and 40's", and then spend my weekends repairing my fleet, I have decided to give the simpler life a try. I am in the early stages of planning a trip to the Ozarks, so if you have any maps from the SE Meetup there, that would be great - or advice on recovery assets or communication channels. I also just passed my Ham Technician Test and want to learn more about trail comms.View attachment 167508

Looking forward to making lots of new acquaintances.

Andrew McGaha

'05 LR3
'05 LX470
'97 Disco I XD
'94 Range Rover Classic
Welcome To Overland Bound Andrew
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Reactions: Andrew McGaha

Traveler I

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Boyd
Hi, my name is Dan

2)Athens, Ga
3)I don't have a rig as of yet. My Mini Countryman S just got totaled from an accident and looking into buying a new vehicle. Trying to decide between a mid-size/full-size and SUV/Truck.
4) A bit tied into 3, my family and I enjoy hiking, fishing, camping etc. but brand new to the concept of off-roading (past taking a stock Countryman S across several moderate trails involving avoiding ruts) and overland-ing. We want to be able have my wife, daughter (4 yo), our 3 pups (ranging from 20-100lb), and I be able to enjoy the adventures.

Thanks for having me!
3) I just came home with a 2020 F150 crewcab xlt4x4

Reactions: PapaDave

Rick Pfadt

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Norco, CA, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Pfadt
Member #

P1000141.JPG42576322_10216240774788477_3751848194426798080_n.jpg41430084_10216116767328368_3361300328505933824_n.jpg
Hi Everybody! My name is Rick Pfadt. We currently are wheeling in our JKU, some trips with our SCT Teardrop, and have a TJ we are currently building more extreme for the rocks and desert. We also have a 46 CJ2a in pieces that will be brought back to life after the TJ is going again. My wife and I love exploring the mountains and desert as often as possible. Hope to see you on the trail!

Rigs: 2012 JKU. 1999 TJ, 1946 CJ2a
Overland Experience: Intermediate+

LKBRGN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alberta, Canada
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Bergen
Hey all!
Pleased to join the group.
I'm from Northern Alberta, Canada.
i enjoy road tripping/car camping in my 2005 4Runner on the multitude of interesting routes Alberta has to offer.
planning some interesting new trips for the next year or so.
my experience is pretty mild stuff I'd say but definitely looking to get more adventuresome!
IMG_0548.JPGIMG_6886.JPGLPB_6867.JPG

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Contributor III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Clyde
Last Name
Rhoads
Hey, I’m Clyde from St Louis, MO.
‘19 Wrangler Rubicon, stock for now

No real overlanding experience, hoping to meet some local folks who’ll share some intel and maybe even let me into their circle. I’m intrigued by the long-term Jeep living channels on YouTube, and draw inspiration from that, knowing well that I cannot quit my job and set out on that quest. That said, shorter-term week or weekend get-aways are not out of the question.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Line guru

Rank IV

Traveler III

San Jose CA 95123
First Name
Alfredo
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!overland.jpg
Rig : 1994 Land Cruiser 80 series
Overlanding Experience Background : Novice, always loved nature ,tent camping, hiking even working but, never overland in a rig before.

Looking forward to find places to enjoy the outdoors with the family and you all.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!View attachment 167689
Overlanding Experience Background : Novice, always loved nature ,tent camping, hiking even working but, never overland in a rig before.

Looking forward to find places to enjoy the outdoors with the family and you all.
Hi Alfredo, great looking rig! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!View attachment 167689

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I’m Clyde from St Louis, MO.
‘19 Wrangler Rubicon, stock for now

No real overlanding experience, hoping to meet some local folks who’ll share some intel and maybe even let me into their circle. I’m intrigued by the long-term Jeep living channels on YouTube, and draw inspiration from that, knowing well that I cannot quit my job and set out on that quest. That said, shorter-term week or weekend get-aways are not out of the question.
Welcome to Overland Bound Clyde
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: CLYDEinStLouis

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!
Pleased to join the group.
I'm from Northern Alberta, Canada.
i enjoy road tripping/car camping in my 2005 4Runner on the multitude of interesting routes Alberta has to offer.
planning some interesting new trips for the next year or so.
my experience is pretty mild stuff I'd say but definitely looking to get more adventuresome!
View attachment 167627View attachment 167628View attachment 167629
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning