San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Hey y'all Mike from Boerne, TX / San Antonio Area. I have a 2019 F150 and my girl has reserved a new Bronco so total novice here
but looking for some tips and tricks and places to go. Happy to be here :grimacing:
Welcome. I'm in San Antonio too. This forum is full of information. You will learn all you need to know here.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all Mike from Boerne, TX / San Antonio Area. I have a 2019 F150 and my girl has reserved a new Bronco so total novice here
but looking for some tips and tricks and places to go. Happy to be here :grimacing:
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You have a local meet-up that you might be interested in;
North Central TX Austin
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB community! Joseph here from Riverside, Ca. I drive a 2004 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4. I have mostly done weekend trips to local trails. Very new to the overlanding scene. Looking to get out more and possibly meeting y'all on the trail.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Andrew here! Been an avid camper and fly fisherman all my life. Have had jeeps, 3rd gen 4runners and just got a 95 fzj80 land cruiser. Wanting to get more into the overlanding scene. Located in Provo, Utah. Want to meet more people that have families that want to go on some trips. Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Bryce and I live in San Jose, CA. I am excited to become a member of this community! I have very little experience overlanding or even just camping to be honest. Growing up my parents were not very outdoorsy aside from the occasional day hike so I hope to learn from the experienced members in my area soon.

I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road DCLB which I originally bought to support my woodworking hobby for moving large tools and material. It wasn't until after getting the truck and seeing all the awesome content from the overlanding community that I was inspired to get into camping. Over the last couple years I have gone on a number of camping trips and tried my hand at some off roading which has been a blast.

Can't wait to meet everyone and join some of the group trips once the social distancing restrictions loosen up!

Edit: Attached a couple pictures of my most recent trip to northern Arizona. Camped in Joshua tree along the way too!
Welcome to Overland Bound Bryce
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all, I'm new to the group. I have a 00 4Runner and an 03 4Runner that I am gradually putting effort into fixing up for some mild off-roading and camping. I'm in Western NC, and looking forward to learning more and meeting cool people.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Time to introduce myself. I’m new to overlanding. I’m still looking for places to take short trips near Georgia. Right now I have a 94 4Runner built for play. My build isn’t complete, but it is built enough to get out and play. One of my next tasks is to install a decent, out of the way, communication setup and a second battery. Eventually I plan on adding a solar set up so I can add a fridge for longer trips. Since my current range with fuel cans is only an optimistic 300 miles it hasn’t been high on my priority list.
Vehicle has OBA, front/rear lockers, breathers, (currently at shop having a snorkel fabricated since it’s a 3.4 swap), 10k lb winch, swing out tire and fuel carrier, front bass guard and rock sliders.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hello!! I'm new to the overlanding scene but old to the driving experience in general.

I recently moved to the Wenatchee area to go back to school.

My partner and I just got a 2013 trail edition 4Runner with 1.5" spacers and some beefy tires, I'm looking to keep the ball rolling on those mods though.

We're also excited at the opportunity to meet new people and get to know the beautiful landscape that the states have to offer!
Hey welcome to the crew!

We have a pretty active group around these parts, with Meetups happening in the Blues and the Cascades. Keep an eye on the Northwest MeetUp area for any activities you may wish to join in on.

If you have any questions please feel to send me a message.

Reactions: Kent R

Retina_Burn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Brandenberger
Hey! What's up Everyone?

I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I'm a novice interested in getting into overlanding. I've done some light off-roading and into the dunes on the southern Oregon coast a bit. Excited to get out to some more remote and fun areas. Looking for some groups in the area that are open to newer folks. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road with upgraded tires (Ridge Grapplers) and a recovery point hitch but no other mods yet. I have traction boards and a decent assortment of light recovery and decent camping gear.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the forum!

IMG_20190615_161034~2.jpg

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey everyone! My name is Bryce and I live in San Jose, CA. I am excited to become a member of this community! I have very little experience overlanding or even just camping to be honest. Growing up my parents were not very outdoorsy aside from the occasional day hike so I hope to learn from the experienced members in my area soon.

I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road DCLB which I originally bought to support my woodworking hobby for moving large tools and material. It wasn't until after getting the truck and seeing all the awesome content from the overlanding community that I was inspired to get into camping. Over the last couple years I have gone on a number of camping trips and tried my hand at some off roading which has been a blast.

Can't wait to meet everyone and join some of the group trips once the social distancing restrictions loosen up!

Edit: Attached a couple pictures of my most recent trip to northern Arizona. Camped in Joshua tree along the way too!
Hi Bryce, I’ve got to say you chose a great truck :)

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey, I’m new to the group. I live in Corbin Kentucky and have been trying out the Kentucky Adventure Tour in my 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 with the baby Duramax in it. Im anxious to find some more trails and rides close by in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Hit me up....I'm in Louisville and I'm in RRG and the DBBB all the time. I've been on some parts of the KAT...
Jason Price
502-724-6435
www.ohiovalleyoverland.com
#ohiovalleyoverland

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hi from OH-IO!! My two boys and I (7&10) have decided to start planning out first overland trip for next summer. We’re looking at doing a one week trip staying within surrounding states. We’re super excited, but have lots to learn and prepare for. I have a stock 2015 Wrangler Willys Wheeler that we have to get ready for the adventure. Glad to be part of the group!
I will be leading a trip on the THOR...here is a link to the 2019 doc about it ( so some of the dates will change) It runs through Indiana from South to North.....some 511 miles...it is 80% gravel and dirt roads. We visit 3 off road parks along the way.

Hit me up anytime
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyoverland

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello Overland Bound!

New to the site, but have been slowly working on the rig for a year or so now. As a mountain biker and rock climber, having a vehicle ready to haul gear on a moment’s notice was super important to me. Being based in Indianapolis means there’s often many highway miles to find the fun stuff, but the ability to dive off grid and be totally self contained has been so liberating. The ‘20 minutes and out the door’ has been totally possible, and even a short overnighter always helps reset the soul.

View attachment 166993View attachment 166994View attachment 166995View attachment 166996

2017 Tacoma TRD OR
2” Bilstein Lift
265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Caliraised LED Lighting
KB Voodoo Fabrications Lo Rise Bars
Nice Whip. I'm down in Louisville. I'll be hosting a rigs and coffee event in Louisville in about a month.
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyoverland

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I wanted to add here is a picture of my rig, go easy on me I am new to this.
View attachment 166215
Nice whip. I'm down in Louisville. Make sure you keep in touch. I'll be hosting a Rigs and Coffee event in about a month.
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyovereland

Reactions: Kent R and phoxxtwo

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello everyone,
my name is Diana. I will hopefully be able to post a picture very soon. I pick up my 2016 wrangler tomorrow. I would say that I am a beginner/have a strong general knowledge. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing what I have found.
Welcome! please feel free to reach out. I will be hosting a Rigs and Coffee event in about a month down here in Louisville. Keep a lookout. Make sure you join the Midwest Overland Bound Facebook page. Lots of great info and folks on there.
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyoverland

Adamsing545

Rank I

Contributor I

Aurora, Ohio
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Singerman
Member #

Hi from OH-IO!! My two boys and I (7&10) have decided to start planning out first overland trip for next summer. We’re looking at doing a one week trip staying within surrounding states. We’re super excited, but have lots to learn and prepare for. I have a stock 2015 Wrangler Willys Wheeler that we have to get ready for the adventure. Glad to be part of the group!
I will be leading a trip on the THOR...here is a link to the 2019 doc about it ( so some of the dates will change) It runs through Indiana from South to North.....some 511 miles...it is 80% gravel and dirt roads. We visit 3 off road parks along the way.

Hit me up anytime
Jason Price
502-724-6435
#ohiovalleyoverland
That sounds awesome! Keep me updated as far as the dates go but I would love to join you!

Adam