Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey y'all! I live just north of Atlanta and my rig is a 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. Sorry I don't have a photo of it right now. I'm building it out currently to be a little more self contained and in a couple weeks I'm headed west to Oregon, Washington, and Colorado for three weeks to see how well everything works. I've been backpacking and 'car camping' and riding FS roads for years and years now, so I'm not sure exactly where the line is between that and overloading, but if it's the build then I guess that makes me new. It's neat to see so many folks appreciating nature.
Welcome Amanda,
I’m the Northwest Director. Sounds like you are pretty experienced as an overlander... where do you plan on visiting in the Northwest?

Reactions: Kent R

asummer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Summerlin
Welcome Amanda,
I’m the Northwest Director. Sounds like you are pretty experienced as an overlander... where do you plan on visiting in the Northwest?
Thanks Mike. It's a big wandering trip. I've got a handful of jobs spread out across the next month that I'm using as anchors, so I'll be checking out some land art I've always wanted to see in Utah outside Salt Lake, then I'll be headed across southeast Oregon toward Mt. Hood NF. After that I'm meeting up with a friend to spend 3 days on WABDR before swinging through Mt. Rainier for another job. Then I head back east and I haven't decided if I want to spend the 7 days before my next job fly fishing in Yellowstone or fly fishing in Colorado before I head to Tennessee. Decisions, decisions... What part of the Northwest are you in?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey y'all! I live just north of Atlanta and my rig is a 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. Sorry I don't have a photo of it right now. I'm building it out currently to be a little more self contained and in a couple weeks I'm headed west to Oregon, Washington, and Colorado for three weeks to see how well everything works. I've been backpacking and 'car camping' and riding FS roads for years and years now, so I'm not sure exactly where the line is between that and overloading, but if it's the build then I guess that makes me new. It's neat to see so many folks appreciating nature.
Hello Amanda, welcome to the OB community. I had to chuckle when I read "overloading" because I knew you meant overlanding but what you said fits also. Sounds like you have a good trip planned. I live in Southern Oregon so if I can be of any help, or you want to do a meet up with some of us, or whatever just let me know when you get near our area.

• Haha
Reactions: Kent R and asummer

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks Mike. It's a big wandering trip. I've got a handful of jobs spread out across the next month that I'm using as anchors, so I'll be checking out some land art I've always wanted to see in Utah outside Salt Lake, then I'll be headed across southeast Oregon toward Mt. Hood NF. After that I'm meeting up with a friend to spend 3 days on WABDR before swinging through Mt. Rainier for another job. Then I head back east and I haven't decided if I want to spend the 7 days before my next job fly fishing in Yellowstone or fly fishing in Colorado before I head to Tennessee. Decisions, decisions... What part of the Northwest are you in?
I’m in the far northeast corner of Oregon... about 2 hours from Idaho to the east and 2 hours from Washington to the West both using I-84. I am assuming you are getting off of I-84 in between Meridian Idaho and Onterio, Oregon, then traveling south west along the Oregon/Nevada borders to get to K-Falls then heading north through Bend up to MT Hood NF. If you come a little further north and exit I-84 in baker City, Oregon and take HWY 7 to Johnday, there is a lot of amazing fly fishing along the Powder River, John Day Rivers, and other streams and rivers through Central Oregon and then all the way up to Hood River where you cross the Columbia to start the WABDR up north to Mt Rainer NF.

asummer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Summerlin
Hello Amanda, welcome to the OB community. I had to chuckle when I read "overloading" because I knew you meant overlanding but what you said fits also. Sounds like you have a good trip planned. I live in Southern Oregon so if I can be of any help, or you want to do a meet up with some of us, or whatever just let me know when you get near our area.
Dang autocorrect! Still works though. Getting prepped for this trip has me fighting the battle of the bulge in a whole new way.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@asummer ,
Your trip takes you through Southern Idaho where @David H resides as the Southern Idaho Member Representative. Then through my area in Eastern Oregon, @Big G is the southern Oregon Rep. Once you cross into Washington @Greg Eigsti @Gabriel Bozeman and @PNW Explorer will be your POCs. If you head over to Spokane and further north while heading to Wyoming, @Sandpoint Steve will be the member rep to help you cross back into the Mountain West Region.

asummer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Summerlin
I’m in the far northeast corner of Oregon... about 2 hours from Idaho to the east and 2 hours from Washington to the West both using I-84. I am assuming you are getting off of I-84 in between Meridian Idaho and Onterio, Oregon, then traveling south west along the Oregon/Nevada borders to get to K-Falls then heading north through Bend up to MT Hood NF. If you come a little further north and exit I-84 in baker City, Oregon and take HWY 7 to Johnday, there is a lot of amazing fly fishing along the Powder River, John Day Rivers, and other streams and rivers through Central Oregon and then all the way up to Hood River where you cross the Columbia to start the WABDR up north to Mt Rainer NF.
Actually, since I'm doing some night photography out in the western Utah desert after leaving Salt Lake, the route I've worked out has me taking I-80 across northern Nevada into Oregon. But that's some great fly fishing intel that I'm going to file away and refer to as I work on planning the return route. Many thanks! Also, am I the only one who wishes there could be a national fishing license? This trip has me in multiple great fishing states, but the non-resident fishing license fees are racking up to be more than gas. Well, ok, I drive a Jeep and nothing costs more than keeping the tank full. But it's still pricey.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Actually, since I'm doing some night photography out in the western Utah desert after leaving Salt Lake, the route I've worked out has me taking I-80 across northern Nevada into Oregon. But that's some great fly fishing intel that I'm going to file away and refer to as I work on planning the return route. Many thanks! Also, am I the only one who wishes there could be a national fishing license? This trip has me in multiple great fishing states, but the non-resident fishing license fees are racking up to be more than gas. Well, ok, I drive a Jeep and nothing costs more than keeping the tank full. But it's still pricey.
Ohh trust me, I wish there were a national license as well... pro tip... get a 1-3 day license where you can...

Coming into Oregon on your proposed trip leads to some killer fishing on the, Dueshutes and Rouge Rivers, both notorious for their swift cold waters perfect for breeding large trout.

The northwest is a fisherman’s paradise... so many places to fish, and almost every kind of fresh water fish is available.
@jcgraves3 is getting into fly-fishing with his wife...you might hit him up for fishing reports.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Sounds like a great trip.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey EVERYONE! My name is Josh, originally from the Kansas City Kansas area but call Durham, NC home now. I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport that gets further along every day. As far as today’s Overlanding I am fairly new however I’ve been camping my entire life.

Here is a fun picture to start with!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Reactions: Primeauxrover

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Thank you Kent! There is a ton to navigate so I appreciate you pointing me in a good direction.

Bryan_909

Rank III

Member III

Chino, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Wakefield
Member #

Name: Bryan
Current Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab
Overland Experience: Beginner
Why Overlanding?: I've always been an outdoor type of person and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. And now I have a family (2 year old and 8 month old ) I want for them to experience new places.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all! We are located in the Reno area and we are new to the overlanding scene but not rock crawling or off-roading. We are still figuring out what our setup and getting better every trip.

We are a little large on the trail with a 2019 Ram PowerWagon but we like to think we are skinny!
Welcome. Did I see that Rig at the meeting yesterday. :sunglasses: Look forward to having you on some runs and participating in the meetings. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R and LilWile

Driver45

Rank II

Contributor III

Bloomfield Hills, MI
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Robie
Member #

Hey I’m new here

I picked up a 2017 Toyota 4Runner ORP back in March. I live in Michigan, more specifically just north of Detroit. I’m a car guy and I work in the automotive industry as a creative digital sculptor.

So far I haven’t had a chance to get offroad, but I will soon. Between COVID and my 11 month old, I have not had much time to get out there. However, I have been making a few updates and a lift and tires are in the near future to round out the mods. Let me know if you’re nearby.

-Kyle

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I’m new here

I picked up a 2017 Toyota 4Runner ORP back in March. I live in Michigan, more specifically just north of Detroit. I’m a car guy and I work in the automotive industry as a creative digital sculptor.

So far I haven’t had a chance to get offroad, but I will soon. Between COVID and my 11 month old, I have not had much time to get out there. However, I have been making a few updates and a lift and tires are in the near future to round out the mods. Let me know if you’re nearby.

-Kyle
Welcome to Overland Bound Kyle
That is a great rig, there is lots of info on the forum about building it up.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: Bryan
Current Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab
Overland Experience: Beginner
Why Overlanding?: I've always been an outdoor type of person and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. And now I have a family (2 year old and 8 month old ) I want for them to experience new places.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bryan
Nice Full Size.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Bryan_909

achampness

Rank 0

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Ali
Last Name
Champness
Hi all!
I am brand new to overlanding. Love backpacking and all water sports, now I'm looking to get into this awesome sport. The rig is still in the making but hopefully I will have it by November. Looking to plan out trips in advance so I can hit the ground running once it's here

1. Bakersfield, CA
2. 2020 F550
3. Experience: entry level to say the least!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

mchlc

Rank 0

Contributor I

NW Georgia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cox
Hey, I’m Mike. Our foray into overlanding started on a family trip to Maine last year. We rented a 4Runner and we were sold on the suv the minute we drove up to Acadia. Little did I know how much fun and time would be taken up looking at mods and figuring out affordable ways to get those mods on our family adventure 4Runner. Excited to have found Overland abound and will probably become a member very soon!

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I’m Mike. Our foray into overlanding started on a family trip to Maine last year. We rented a 4Runner and we were sold on the suv the minute we drove up to Acadia. Little did I know how much fun and time would be taken up looking at mods and figuring out affordable ways to get those mods on our family adventure 4Runner. Excited to have found Overland abound and will probably become a member very soon!
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u